bluebirdboi

Reaction score
View attachment 435148
Hi, you may know me from my unsuccessful fm13 story "Turning Belgium Black and Blue." If you do the I would like to say that this story will be going on much longer and will be much better.

Why I chose Cardiff

I simply chose Cardiff because from the age of 5 I have been a fan of them, much to the influence of my father. As I have supported them for 9 years (only remembering 6 of them) I have seen us go through the great times, getting to Wembley 4 times and getting promoted to the Premier League, and the bad times, 3 of those Wembley visits and the recent troubles.

Goals for this save

Goal #1: Develop the Youth Academy into being able to producing world class players,
Goal #2: Stay in the job after "The 70's movie gangster gone wrong" has left the club,
Goal #3: The all time FM achievements, go unbeaten all season and get a stadium named after me.

Enough of this, I'll start my journey here
____________________________________________________________________________________________

I start my reign by taking the meetings with the assistant manager and the chairman and they go as everyone else chooses to do them. I wanted my assistant, David Kerslake, to have a more hands on job. I also asked Alex Gibson, Frank Barlow, Carles Busquets (From Barca B to replace Hollman), Volodymyr Veremeev (DoF from Dynamo Kyiv), Paul Winsper, Patrik Andersson, Giorgio Chiaschini, Bernard Paintin and Pauleta to take on roles in their respective positions to join the club.

Transfer wise I put in bids for;
Fabian Schar (4.6 million upfront and 4.6 million over 48 months)
Enzo Zidane (Free but I have to pay 625k in compensation)
Jaime (Free but I have to pay 473k in compensation)
Ivan Saez (You guessed it, free again, 512k compensation)
Stefan Strandberg (325k initial fee, 60k over 12 months)
James Husband (600k initial, 600k over 48 months)
Nacho Fernandez (2.3 million)
Kevin Garcia Martinez (525k initial, 165k over 12 months)

I'll be back with an August review that should be out by 20:00 GMT.

article-0-1A6C2ECC00000578-319_634x389.jpg

Bluebirds!!

View attachment 435052

Pre-Season Domination

We started strongly before the season started winning all but 1 of our games, and that was a thriller for the fans. I worried that, with my luck, that result would cause us to slip up during the rest of the tour.

View attachment 435051

Luckily that wasn't the case and we kept our shape, even showing some U18's like Theo Wharton and Jaye Bowen who got some goals in the games.

Next update WILL come at 23:00 GMT It will include transfers and matches.

Last edited:
464948d1389364124-bluebirds-flying-high-cardiff-city-badge.jpg

August Review

Promising month with great performances vs Arsenal and Fulham. Also I won't be covering the Capital one Cup until next month ;)

Fulham:

View attachment 434989
Selling Fraizer turned to bite us in the back as he scored 3 minutes over added time, still I'm glad Malky Mackay brought in the players he did. Strandberg doing well on his debut scoring a beauty.

Arsenal:

View attachment 434987

Good performance from the lads, Marshall picking up the PoM, as It's now known, making some brilliant reflex saves and keeping us in the game at the death. Also Mutch got sent off which kind of messed us up for our next game.

Sunderland:

View attachment 434986

Disappointing result and I expected a win here, nevertheless it puts us in a very good position in the league.

League Table:

View attachment 434985

Somehow other teams around us managed to slip up and we managed to go into 6th place which is very good for a promoted team, in my eyes.

Transfers:

So I guess you know a few of my transfers if you have paid enough attention to the teams. If not here they are.

View attachment 434984

I decided to sell Craig Bellamy and sell Matthew Connolly as they were dead weight to me.

September and October update coming tomorrow hopefully before I leave to watch Solskjaer's first game in-charge.

View attachment 434977
BLUEBIRDS!!

View attachment 466546

September, October and November update:

September:

First game of the month: Stoke

View attachment 434415
2-2 wasn't an ideal result to get for the first game of the month. I was hoping we would grab a goal to win the game but I'll take a draw, even when we were favourites.

Second game vs: Aston Villa

View attachment 434414
1-1 another draw, already have 4 draws up to this game and we really needed a win for the next game.

Last game: The South Wales Derby
View attachment 433042
Heartbreaking result as I have never lost to them since I have had the game. The match stats show that we were the inferior team as I was trying out a new tactic. Hope we can show them which team is better in the home game.

God made rivers
God made lakes
God made Swansea
But we all make mistakes

October:

First game of the month: Norwich

View attachment 434412
2-1 great result and our second league win of the season. I was hoping that we could put a few goals in the Norwich net and then put us high on confidence for the next game.

Second game: Liverpool

View attachment 434411
Superb win, Whittingham with a scrappy goal. Our fans say he's our weakest link but I disagree with them strongly (Andrew Taylor).

Third game: Man City

View attachment 434410
Didn't expect a win here, too strong for us. Expected the final result and I'm pleased we didn't concede more.

November:

First game of the month: Chelsea

View attachment 433041
Once again I din't expect a win or a draw. Chelsea played just like Man City and we should've conceded more.

Second game: Tottenham

View attachment 434407
And things do not get easier, Spurs were up next and they didn't have an easy game against Palace in mid-week so I thought we could get a draw or a 1/2-0 loss at the least. But we pulled through and beat them 1-0 with the wonderkid that is Andreas Cornelius slotting the ball into the net.

Third game: West Brom

View attachment 434404
Superb win from the lads and Steve Clark is now one of my disliked managers (Not set as one) as he says we will fall away from our current position which we shouldn't with the calibre of players in the squad.

Last game: Newcastle

View attachment 434405
Disappointed we couldn't take some points away but it was a good result to take from there.

League table:
View attachment 434403
Overall a brilliant start to the season and I hope that we will not slip down the table.
Next update will include December and january

Last edited:
Could I get some feedback on this? I would like to know that people are following this.

Red dragons, Fire and passion.... blue birds. Vincent Tan indeed does suck.

Sorry I haven't posted the latest update, I have been in work experience all week and I haven't had much time to play the game. Next update may be out tonight depending on when I get back.

Very good story mate! One thing is, in two of the screenshots they are blank, I believe the South Wales Derby one and the game against Chelsea so maybe have a look before posting? Overall very good start keep it up! :)

Ah thanks for that, I didn't realise, once I get back from work exp I will change them.

Am following..although I am not a great fan if Cardiff City cos of ur previous chairmen on risdale and hamman but gd luck

Great start to the sorry. Shame to see Sunderland doing so bad all the time!! Especially when they are signing players like Andy Wilkinson. Keep it going

Next update will include January transfers only, to allow me to finish February off.

Quick update:

As I'm having a lot of fun doing the Pentagon Challenge, also with the fact that I am still playing through February I'll just be doing a quick transfer update. Also we got an affiliation with Falkirk courtesy of Mehmet.

A full update (Jan and Feb maybe March) should be out before 23:00 GMT

View attachment 433031

Special transfer coming in the next update too: (Hint: He's been named in the top 100 wonderkids in the world)​

View attachment 432884

December was a month to be forgotten and I do not have enough time to go into every match in detail so I will give a brief look over the fixtures.

View attachment 432879

Transfers: As I promised I said I would show the wonderkid signing I made;

View attachment 432871

I also made two other decent signings which I could use for the team, but I may be able to sell them on for a decent profit.

View attachment 432867View attachment 432865

End of season update will be here tomorrow.​

Just had a read through not bad keep it up, also could you check my story out please called Gunning for Glory- An Arsenal Story :D

I'm a silent reader on most stories and that is one of them, I would comment on how you could improve but I can't think of anything.

View attachment 432523

End of season review (April & May):

View attachment 432501

Very poor result here especially as we went 3-1 down. Two great goals and a penalty secured a draw where we should've easily beaten them.

View attachment 432499

Very good result as we beat Southampton to charge on with our Europa League push.

View attachment 432496

Good performance from the boys, I would've liked a bigger win but I'll take this result.

View attachment 432494

Disappointing result and Caulker's own goal at the death really put a dent in our European push.

View attachment 432491

This was the game we basically said bye bye to the Europa league. Poor performance, especially as West Ham beat them on the Final day.

View attachment 432490

Speaking on the final day, really happy that we managed to beat United, if we were going to qualify for Europe it was all going to lie on the Newcastle game

View attachment 432489

Noooo!!! I couldn't believe it, they couldn't hold on for the win and help us out, I think if the had beaten Newcastle we would have got European football.

League table:

View attachment 432488

Newcastle just pipped us to 6th place but we would've needed a 5 goal victory from Villa to get 6th so it wasn't looking likely.

If you look to the top right of all of the pictures you will se that I'm nearing the start of the season. Should I go up until the end of Pre-Season or finish August as I'll be half-way through?​

View attachment 432355

Straight into this update with the transfers:

View attachment 432351View attachment 432350View attachment 432349
I had to make the hardest decision I have made so far on FM by selling Whittingham. Sunderland came in with an offer of 1.7 million and I needed to bring in some younger players and also Daehli, Mutch, Medel and Gunnarsson are better.

Oh yeah and look who won the championship last year...
View attachment 432340
BARNSLEY... FREAKING BARNSLEY!!!
Anyway..

Pre-Season:

View attachment 432353

August:

Game 1:
Norwich
View attachment 432352

Great way to start off the Campaign with Jairo getting a goal and then getting injured later on in the game.

Game 2: Stoke

View attachment 432333

Good win from the boys, Caulker had a brilliant game and we showed promising signs as we had 2 goals ruled off-side.

Game 3:
Middlesbrough

View attachment 432325

Poor performance and a poor result. Gary Medel was sent off in the 88th minute and Ledesma scored from the resulting free-kick.

September:

Game 1:
The Jacks

View attachment 432319

What a game to start off the month with! Caulker scoring against his old team and helping us achieve more than my expectations.

Game 2:
Man United

View attachment 432302
Great performance from the boys and I expected a slight loss so a draw is a good result

Game 3:
Arsenal

View attachment 432301
Superb performance. Best I have seen with Jairo and Cornelius netting the goals.

League table:

View attachment 432304

As soon as the game was over I immediately checked the table and to my surprise we were sitting in SECOND!! A great start to the season and we still have a game in hand over Man City so potentially we could go top!

Capital One Cup:
vs.
Fleetwood
View attachment 432303

Disappointing as it took us until Mansur's goal to kickstart us.

vs.
Man City

View attachment 432300

Expected result, nothing more to say about it.

Next update out tonight hopefully.