Blues agree Zigic fee.

Does anyone know who Serbia have first and what day they are playing.
Going to look at him a bit closer and see how he performs

Sorry mate, was busy at work.
Wikipedia doesnt seem to let me see the actual stats.
Ive got this from a mate, so not sure how accurate it is.

2003 Spartak Subotica 11 (14)
2003–2006 Red Star 79 (47)
2006–2007 Racing Santander 32 (11)
2007– Valencia 28 (5)
2009 -2010 Racing Santander (loan) 19 (13)

National team
2004– Serbia 42 (16)

The numbers in brackets represents goals

When I home from work, I'l have a proper butchers and post it up for you. Fellow Bluenose ;)

That is of Wikipedia by the looks of it.

haha what a fail peno for Roma
what a wonder goal by Zigic

Its all looking good to me. His lack of goals at Valencia does concern me, however when reading about him over the internet the past 20 minutes or so, i have learnt a few things that please me.
- Valencia bought him for £20 million.
- at the start of his Valencia career he wasn't favoured by Ronald Koeman and only played a bit part role.
- he stayed and fought for his place at Valencia 08/09 but was never given league matches, only domestic and uefa cup matches, scoring in both.
- in 09 he was loaned to santander in january where he bagged 13 in 19 appearances.

In my view a quality striker who has been hard done by.

---------- Post added at 09:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:36 PM ----------

what a FINISH!

Cameron Jerome and Zigic sounds like a lethal partnership. Jerome's pace and Zigic's height. Looks good for Birmingham fans

You lot got a good buy there. Zigic's a favourite of mine.

Cameron Jerome and Zigic sounds like a lethal partnership. Jerome's pace and Zigic's height. Looks good for Birmingham fans

really good shout their mate, i didnt think of it that way. i think jerome had a decent season and would really improve playing with a target man like zigic.

Anybody who is that tall, and can play football is a threat. Just look at Crouch, seems like a good deal to me.

Great buy for Birmingham

If these sort of shrewd buys keep happening then my opinion of McLeish in the transfer market will highly improve.

Agree. His signings with Rangers were terrible, Even when he first joined Birmingham he had a few iffy buys and stinkers.

His record at Valencia is rather poor, to be honest.

Also, most of them appearances for Valencia were subs I believe

What Foxy said. It's hard to make an impact when you are hardly given a chance.

Off topic: Did valencia play silva up front on his own that would be suicide

On topic: limited chances but when he got his thirty chances he didnt do well enough with only 5 goals

but my previous point is irrelevant if he scored 13 in 19 in la liga for racing last year

he should do well in the prem ;)

But the thing is those 25 sub appearances, some may have been 45mins, some may have been 5mins. Maybe although there wingers are world class they didn't give him the supply? Maybe he just didnt fit in the team, so many things. Ill back him up the whole way, great striker

Agree again, Just because you are making 25 sub appearances doesn't mean you are getting a 'chance'

Personally I think this shows Birmingham's ambition. Players like Foster and Zigic are a great way to start building a strong side.

No one has said it but he's a dirty player. Talented of course but he has a history of diving and being a **** on the field. An amazing signing though considering he's easily good enough to play for any top team in Europe.

will he be as good or crouch or as poor as maierhofer at wolves?