fm1063

Reaction score
Hello, i didn't know what section to put this in so i just put it in here....

anyway my case is i am in my first season with Bolton my team is playing terrible, i have bought a few players and on match preparation its on team blend but my team are playing to the best.

If anyone can give me help then it would be much appreciated
Any screenshots please ask

Thanks,
FM1063

You've made too many changes to the original team, its going to take a while for the team to gel and start to perform.

dont play so attacking

use another tactic :)

Romaric sucks at attacking duty use him as a deep lying playmarker :)

whta tactic would you recommend

keep using the ghost tactic but whit some changes

Mentality: Control
Philosphy - Balanced
Passing - Shorter
Creative freedom- Default
Closing down- Balanced
Tackling - Default
Marking - Zonal Marking
Crossing - Drill Crosses
Roaming - More Roaming

How did you manage to sign all those players with Bolton ?

btw you sold most of your team :OXD

they were good enough without any changes :)

i am trying to get into europe so i thought i needed better players

liverpool 20 million for klasnic

thats worst than Carrol signing :pXD

my board accepted it for me :D

liverpool bought elmander as well for 6 mill and lee chung yong for 9 mill

i just realised i made 35 mill from liverpool :D

Last edited:
congrats on the sales m8

btw nice to see you bought Roberto Carlos, he'll do you a lot of good :D

focus your time on blending at team trainings.

keep using the ghost tactic but whit some changes

Mentality: Control
Philosphy - Balanced
Passing - Shorter
Creative freedom- Default
Closing down- Balanced
Tackling - Default
Marking - Zonal Marking
Crossing - Drill Crosses
Roaming - More Roaming

used this and...

I'm going to be really critical I'm afraid mate. Half those signings really really don't look good for Bolton, and I don't think that's necessarily you best first 11 either... Oh and I hate the tactic. Right, before you give me the middle finger I'll try and make my criticism contructive.

G Cahill is best as a ball playing defender (he's got great passing an creativity, I'd use him that way). I've also tried the Wheater/Cahill partnership in defence before... It hasn't worked for whoever was in the left slot, so I'd use them as subs for each other (wheater as a normal central defender tho - will always score from the corner tactic at least). Just noticed you got bassong, so underrated in this game, he'll be your solution to the left slot.

Coleman is a good buy though, google search "fm base chalkboard tactics" and look up the link for the modern fullback on there, change his sliders to everything Aly Cissokho is on, never failed for me for any fullback.

Change to a flat 4-4-2 as well. Bolton aren't good enough yet to be playing that attacking. And use Kevin Davies still as a target man, at least just for the first season. Can Muamba be recalled from that loan? He'd do a very good job for you, even with those new signings.

Hope that helps for starters at least.

I'm going to be really critical I'm afraid mate. Half those signings really really don't look good for Bolton, and I don't think that's necessarily you best first 11 either... Oh and I hate the tactic. Right, before you give me the middle finger I'll try and make my criticism contructive.

G Cahill is best as a ball playing defender (he's got great passing an creativity, I'd use him that way). I've also tried the Wheater/Cahill partnership in defence before... It hasn't worked for whoever was in the left slot, so I'd use them as subs for each other (wheater as a normal central defender tho - will always score from the corner tactic at least). Just noticed you got bassong, so underrated in this game, he'll be your solution to the left slot.

Coleman is a good buy though, google search "fm base chalkboard tactics" and look up the link for the modern fullback on there, change his sliders to everything Aly Cissokho is on, never failed for me for any fullback.

Change to a flat 4-4-2 as well. Bolton aren't good enough yet to be playing that attacking. And use Kevin Davies still as a target man, at least just for the first season. Can Muamba be recalled from that loan? He'd do a very good job for you, even with those new signings.

Hope that helps for starters at least.

thanks for the help got any tips for my mids or strikers?

---------- Post added at 03:04 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:50 AM ----------

can any pick my team for me?? as you can see i have liverpool next

Hey I'm currently managing Bolton, I'll happily give you some advice and my tactics... If you can hang on for 10 mins I'll get some screen shots.

cheers anymore help guys?

---------- Post added at 03:32 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:21 AM ----------

bump

Last edited:
Alright from looking at your formation, I would say it is far too attacking for a side that is predicted for a 14th position finish. I know you want to get more goals by pushing more players forward but it leaves your defense very vulnerable and I really wouldn't recommend this. Another thing to consider is the amount of change in the first team. You have totally changed the team which really is a big mistake because they haven't settled, they haven't gelled and you'll get consistent bad performences from your new players. What I have done with my team, I have kept my team the same for the most part (brought in Kadlec £1m, Kyle Walker on loan, sold Mark Davies for £3m) which means 95% of the squad are settled and can be able to perform to a high standard consistently. I have also made my team balanced which is reflected in the amount of goals scored and goals conceded. Another thing is that Bolton's preferred formation is 4-4-2 and when you play this formation your team plays much better than the one you have there. I have tried to use the players I have in the preferred formation. As you might have noticed I like to play possession football and play it down the wings. I have scored a load of headers in the league including the smallest of players like Lee-Chung-Yong who has scored like 5 headers in 17 games or something like that. I encourage you to change things and experiment.