Bomb attack was planned for Bundesliga game!

Reaction score
Bomb attack was planned for Borussia Dortmund - Hannover match

German police have arrested a man alleged to have planned a bomb attack during Borussia Dortmund's upcoming home match against Hannover at the Signal-Iduna-Park.

A Bild report has revealed that on Thursday, police found two holes in the ground - one in nearby Krefeld, another in Dortmund near the stadium - where weapons and explosives were hidden.

A single offender, a German citizen, is said to have planned the attack. Police believe that he intended to attack fans as they arrived at this Saturday's Bundesliga match between league leaders Dortmund and their third placed opponents, Hannover.

Authorities have yet to reach any firm conclusions as to the motives of the planned attack.

Dortmund have drawn sell-out crowds of 80,720 visitors in nine of their 13 home games this year, and have averaged 78,798, the most in Europe. Their clash against Hannover is expected to sell out, meaning that the German police have avoided a potentially catastrophic disaster.

Goal.com.....But this is actually true.

Horrible thing. And very rare.

http://www.goal.com/en/news/15/germ...bomb-attack-was-planned-for-hannover-borussia

Last edited:
Someone doesn't want Borussia to win the league.

I am sure you wouldn't be making the same joke if someone was planning it towards Spurs.

I always wondered why Football matches weren't picked as bomb targets (obviously not wishing it) - but its a lot of people in a compact area, massive media attention and security isn't on par with airports etc - it just always made sense to me :/

I always wondered why Football matches weren't picked as bomb targets (obviously not wishing it) - but its a lot of people in a compact area, massive media attention and security isn't on par with airports etc - it just always made sense to me :/

Theres a crappy film with ewan mcgregor about the exact thing, Airports would more make a nuissance than killing a couple of hooligans! (H)

World Cup South Africa.. Denmark - Holland was being threatened as a bomb target. Luckily nothing happened

Must of been an explosive start to the game.

Dude, you deserve a ***** slap for that :S

I think the reason they don't try to go for sports stadiums, is that the security is far too tight. Or I'd like to think it is.

Must of been an explosive start to the game.

Your jokes are not funny. However, watching you try be funny all the time is pretty entertaining. (H)

Your jokes are not funny. However, watching you try be funny all the time is pretty entertaining. (H)

So watching me trying to be funny is funny/entertaining.. I'm confused, and Alex, didn't mean to dissapoint you :wub: ;)

This isn't about who can be the funniest ffs. It's meant to be a serious topic is it not?