Bored to death :/

Vanjagl

Premium
Reaction score
Im prob get another ban, but what the ****, Im bored.
Can someone recommend some good strategy game? Similar to empire earth or total war series. Please, dont tell me CoD or something like that. Not my type of games Tnx :)

R.I.P

not a good way to go. certainly not a very interesting way

Men of War? Just got it myself. If you preorder Men of War: Assault Squad on Steam for $30 you get the vanilla game with it.

Or perhaps Dawn of War II (+ expansions)? That focuses more on tactics/action that strategy though.

Or if you are up for something really in depth: Europa Universalis III or Hearts of Iron 3.

Or get Medieval 2: Total war and Kingdoms and get some mods (Deus lo Vult, Stainless Steel and Third Age: Total War are all really good - twcenter.net is the place to get them).

Last edited:
Men of War? Just got it myself. If you preorder Men of War: Assault Squad on Steam for $30 you get the vanilla game with it.

Wow looks immnese .
Ill give it a go. But i cant wait too long, maybe some other game that is already relesed ?

StarCraft 2 is a great strategy game you should try it out.

Wow looks immnese .
Ill give it a go. But i cant wait too long, maybe some other game that is already relesed ?
If you preorder Assault Squad you get the original game, Men of War to play straight away. That is what I was trying to say ;)

BTW I added to my first post.

I liked Rome:Total War and all the other 'Total War's I have played on but havent been on for a while so would expect the newest oneof them to be good

hmmm, rome total war... I played it before, I just might start again. I have DVD somewhere. But, medieval total war II sounds even better. I think im going to buy it tomorrow. Tnx ppl :)
and special tnx to Tubby for spamming this thread :wub:
If you preorder Assault Squad you get the original game, Men of War to play straight away. That is what I was trying to say ;)

BTW I added to my first post.
that would be great, but since im in undeveloped country, we dont have that option. So, that game should come here in aprox 2 months :)

"Company of Heroes" and all the expansions of that.

You can pick up the anthology on ebay for around £15

CoH is a great WWII Strategy game similar to Age of Empires but with the sticks and arrows.

Men of War is quite awesome. I have been playing the series from the start and bought MoW when it came out. I've also been playing the Assault Squad beta now and I will probably pre-order it. The best RTT game. One for the realism freaks.

Step 1. Get 8 Age of Empires 2
Step 2. Get 7 friends with computers.
Step 3. LAN. Make sure to have beer.
Step 4. WIN