bornexplorer's European Chairman Game - Story Thread

Reaction score
Story Thread
View attachment 362336

The story thread shall be used as the story part only, where you can do you press conferences, announce transfers, and basically where you act as the chairman of your respective club. This is where I will be posting any game updates,data and screenshots.
All posts in here MUST be posted as if you are the Chairman (in character basically)

Chairman List:-
England
bornexplorer88 - Crewe
NathWalker - Ipswich

France
Revolution - Marseille
Ryan Woolnough - Saint Etienne
Germany
T1LL13 - Leverkusen
connorc98 - 1860 Munich

Italy
KaiRooney - Juventus
Ronhaar - Napoli

Portugal
LFC Marshall - FC Porto
Liamo - Sporting CP

Russia
spongespuds - Spartak Moscow
jordan59 - Shinnik

Spain
RUFC4eva - RCD Mallorca
Epic Terrorist - Rayo Vallecano

Want to sign up, ask a question or talk about your team with other players then use the below link for the General Chat Thread

http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/foot...7-bornexplorer88s-european-chairman-game.html

Last edited:
Save Game Link:

Download

Start submitting your transfer requests, any before now have been ignored, as the window was shut. (sorry but i need my messages empty for these windows)

Transfer Window Open until Monday 8th July
All requests sent after monday will be not be accepted, I may be confirming signing after the window is closed due to volume on PM's and the fact I have to check all aspects of the transfers.

Last edited:
Crewe Alexandra Football Club are pleased to announce the takeover bid from bornexplorer88 has completed.

Straight after the official announcement by the club, bornexplorer came out to speak publicly “I am delighted to join this hugely exciting Club, with such a wealthy past. I and the other members of the board have a clear vision for success both on and off the pitch and I am committed to making a significant contribution towards the development of all aspects of the club. "Everything is in place for Crewe Alexandra to continue their progression back up the leagues but I am sad to say that we will have to do this without the current manager, Steve Davis, as after numerous discussions we unable to agree on what I and the other board members believed to be essential targets for the upcoming season..." he paused awkwardly, " and beyond, of course.”

bornexplorer ended by saying: "These next few years will be exciting times for everyone involved at The Alex"​

Last edited:
AS Saint-Etienne are delighted to announce a takeover bid by British sports tycoon Ryan Woolnough.

Woolnough, the owner of 4 previous football clubs is one of British footballs biggest success stories. Having started out his ownership career at Chesham United at Level 7 of the English game. He bought Chesham for £100,000 and after 7 seasons and 3 promotions. He sold Chesham for £3,000,000. He then invested this money into another local side who were flailing in administration, he spent two years clearing the debt and steadying Wycombe Wanderers before selling up for a nice profit of 4.5million on his original costs of 2.5million. After Wycombe followed spells at Luton and then Watford. Watford can be seen as his greatest success, although on the pitch they are in the Championship he turned them into a continental style Sporting Club purchasing and monetizing local rugby, basketball, cricket and hockey teams. This investment saw him turn an incredible profit of 95million pounds on sale of the club on an investment of 220million. Woolnough then commenced a search in Europe for a sleeping giant. The French League interested him with AS Saint-Etienne, his choice.

Woolnough in a statment said "I am looking to take AS Saint-Etienne to the top of both the French and European game". AS fans responded with joy to this statment after years of midtable, they are delighted to finally be aiming back for the top. On whether the current management and playing staff will stay Woolnough said "There will be some staff changes, I will inform the press and fans once I have spoken with the parties involved but I promise that some big names both French and of other nationalities will be with AS Saint-Etienne this summer".

View attachment 362436
British businessman Billie Marshall has completed his long awaited takeover of FC Porto

Shortly after completing the deal for the Portuguese giants, Marshall made the following statement:

" I am delighted to be part of FC Porto. The club has great history, a fantastic set of fans and is a well run club from top to bottom. I am here to continue the work of the previous board members and will work hard trying to make this great club compete on all stages once again"

" Unfortunately club manager Vitor Periera has also left the club and we will hope to announce his successor shortly... We would like to thank Vitor for his time here at FC Porto and wish him luck with any future plans "

Marshall also announced plans to add Undersoil heating and to improve the attendance at the Dragao in an exciting time for FC Porto followers

View attachment 362437NathWalker takes over at Ipswich.

NathWalker has today bought out nPower Championship strugglers Ipswich town for a fee of around £60m including clearing all the clubs debts.

The question on all the medias lips was with all the money that Nath has why Ipswich?

"I chose Ipswich because they are a brilliant club, yes they need abit of work and thats what I'm here for. I will provide the club with all the financial backing they need to be able to progress. This club will be a stable premier league club before I'm finished with it"

Rayo Vallecano buyout completed

A buyout of the spanish club Rayo Vallecano has been completed today by Dale Henderson. Henderson is said to be worth 500 million and reportedly made his money from ghanaian jungle gold however it is alleged that he may have connections to somali pirates.

In a statement released by Henderson he was said to be ectstatic at buying the club and immediately stated that he was going to sign world class players and that any incoming manager would have cash to spend. He vowed to march them up the league but said the ultimate aim this season is survival whilst changes are made and that the new manager whoever he may be will be given time to develop the squad and style of play

View attachment 362496
Self Made Millionaire Buys RCD Mallorca

Self made business man RUFC4eva has completed a long awaited deal which sees him takeover as the new owner of Spanish La Liga club RCD Mallorca. The deal which seemingly came out of nowhere was actually first discussed between RUFC4eva and the board while he was holidaying in the area, and decided to take in one of the clubs league matches against Sevilla.

RUFC4eva went on record to say that he believes this is a new age for the club and he firmly believes that they can grow and challenge the likes of Barcelona and Real Madrid for La Liga domination. Before that though he has the task of clearing the clubs reported 25 Million pound debt which has seen the club excluded from European football in the past.

2Q==

Northern Irish businessman Liam Mcloughlin has completed his takeover bid of Sporting CP. He made up a press statement the following day.
The main parts of the statement entailed that he was very glad to have taken over a club with such history of this one but that he was saddened that they had not won the league for over ten years. He said that the league was first priority and that he wanted to end the monopoly that Porto had over it. He went on to say that in addition to some big name signings that would be brought in, he would like to use the clubs fantastic youth facilities and try to porduce players along the same lines of Ronaldo and Figo as the club has done before. The statement finished with him saying that the managers contract had been terminated and that he was thankful at the shape that he had left the club with his good transfer dealing in recent years and that he hopes he has a great future in this game.

Rayo Vallecano new signings announced

New Rayo Vallecano chairman Dale Henderson held a press conferance to announce three new signings

The first signing announced was that of the malaga youngster Isco for around 18 million pounds this is considered a major signing for the club and is a new record
The second was that of Christian Benitez the america hitman was signed for around 10.5 million and should add significant firepower to the vallecano attack. Henderson saved the best signing till last in that of chelsea defender David Luiz for around 16 million pound at the press conference Henderson said he was "very happy" and was looking forward to developing the club into european contenders in the coming seasons.

Sacking and Signings

Ryan Woolnough, chairman is pleased to announce the signing of Javi Martinez from FC Bayern, Neal Maupay from Nice OCG and Antoine Griezmann from Real Sociedad for a combined total of around £36.2million. Woolnough has said on record that he believes the signings "will invigorate and kick start the progression of AS Saint Etienne". Woolnough is looking to add defensive re-inforcements. Woolnough also admitted to the press that he missed out Malaga youngster Isco who was transferred to Rayo Vallecano for £18million.

Woolnough has also announced a change of manager with Christophe Galtier leaving by mutual consent. Galtier will be replaced by former Arsenal manager and manager of the great Arsenal Invincibles. In the coming days, Wenger will hold a press conference to announce his plans. Another appointment on the coaching staff following the appointment was Bernhard Peters as Head of Youth Development.

Sporting CP decide on manager

The Sporting CP board have decided that the talented Mexican Javier Aguirre will be the one the take the club forward.
They have also decided to hire former Portugal international Paulo Futre as their Director of Football.

In the short statement given to the media they said that they hope that these two men can make good signings both home and abroad to make them great again.
Finally they said that they wanted to wait until they had a manager in place to make signings so that there was mutual consent from all. They ended by saying that they will decide on a Head of Youth and potential signings over the coming week.

View attachment 362725
New medicine prescribed at the BayArena

A surprise announcement has surfaced today from the heart of Germany. The one time UEFA Champions League finalists Bayer Leverkusen, have been sold by their massive pharmaceutical parent company Bayer AG. The announcement has sent shockwaves across all of Europe and not to mention amongst the Leverkusen fans. The football club has been acquired by German based Scottish Engineering tycoon Scott Tillie. Originally from Glasgow, Tillie created a massive wealth for himself with his Hydraulic Engineering company based in the Southside of Glasgow, until he branched out to Europe and set up home in Germany becoming one the biggest Engineering companies in the whole world. At only the age of 40, to be where he is, with the kind of money he has is a truly outstanding achievement. Although most fans will probably be sceptical, they all know Tillie, as he has been heavily involved with this club for a few years, hence where is love for the club grew from. He has a real passion for football, as you will see when he speaks to press. The club and Tillie both released statements this afternoon:

"Bayer Leverkusen would like to confirm the sale of this magnificent club from former owners Bayer AG to Engineering Tycoon Scott Tillie. This statement signifies months of work that has now come to a close. We would like thank all at Bayer who had a hand in making this club what it is today and all the proud history we have is down to them. We welcome the new owner and have full faith that this club can only grow with Scott in charge."

Tillie's statement read:

"I am truly delighted to have finally completed this deal, it has been in the pipes for a while now and it is nice to have it all tied up. I would like to thank the previous owners and if i can make this club half as successful as they did, then i will be happy. Now to the future, today there will be no questions on the manager or transfers, these will be dealt with internally then a press conference will be organised for a later date to announce any details we feel need to be announced. I am not your typical hardfaced Glaswegian as i hope you will all find out but i have big and ambitious dreams for this football club and hopefully in a few years i can be sitting here celebrating Bayer's first Bundesliga title. Thanks for your time today, i will no doubt be speaking to you lot again this week."

The Scot seemed genuinely pleased to be involved and when he briefly mentioned the future, he had a burning desire in his eyes, so it could be a very exciting time for this massive football club.

Takeover Completed
Russian Second Division Team, Shinnik Yaroslavi has being taken over by some crazy rich guy named Dave.
It is reported that he bought the club for a total of $18 Million (sorry I don't have the pound sign on my keyboard) In a press conference just after the completion Dave said he will be spending a whole lot more on the club to one day make it a huge European force. When asked why Dave just stated I just woke up one day and decided to use his money to make some football club really good. In reply to a Journalist asking why Shinnik he said well every other country was taken and i liked their Kits, they're very nice.

So In some years time expect to see the name Shinnink under the name EUFA Champions League.

Porto announce triple swoop as life under Marshall begins...

Porto chairman Billie Marshall has today confirmed the triple signing of Stevan Jovetic, Kevin Strootman and manager Diego Simeone

Simeone comes in to replace the outgoing Vitor Periera with the rumoured fee for the 3 amounts to sum around £35 million

Marshall said " Diego Simeone is a fantastic young manager. He has attacking philosophy's, is well respected in the game and has a proven track record at Atletico Madrid... we hope he can continue his success on a new challenge with FC Porto

On the new player transfers he said " These were the two big targets of the club. Both are top quality players but can also improve under the current regime. Porto has the tag of a selling club under previous management but this will all change as we look to push on to bigger and better things "

Finally Marshall claimed the spending was not finished but that finding players with the right price was hard to identify. He also confirmed his interest in Sporting goalkeeper Rui Patricio but has been set back in his attempts to sign the Portuguese shot stopper.

Last edited:
Dave Makes First Signing
Newly taken over Shinnik have made their first of many signings. This morning the board called a press conference to happily announce the signing of Ahmed Musa off of russian super giants CSKA Moscow. Ahmed only at age 20 will be able to make a huge impact on Shinnik as they are only in the Russian Second Division and Ahmed will be wanting to gain promotion to hopefully then come up against his old club next season.
Dave the multi millionaire who recently took over Shinnik will definitely be making more signing for both established stars and developing youngsters.

In other news a man says he feels like a sheep, critics say this is very baaaaaaaad.

Management Team Strengthed at AS Saint-Etienne

Chairman of Saint Etienne, Ryan Woolnough is happy to announce the signing of Damien Comolli as Director of Football. Comolli who was previously Director of Football at Liverpool returns to AS Saint-Etienne after an spell as Technical Director in 2004/2005 and a second unsuccessful spell as Sporting Director between 2008 and 2010. Comolli is keen to makes amends for his lack of success last time around. And has teased the Saint Etienne fans with a big signing/signings to top the signings already made. Bookmakers have already started giving odds on who the signings maybe.

Lewandowski - 15/1
Higuain - 7/2
Neymar - 5/2
Hummels - 20/1
Schweinstiger - 9/1
Pogba - 33/2
Rooney - 30/1
Wilshere - 3/2

View attachment 363221
Holy Spartak!!! Russian media expects big things from Tycoons Investment.​

Spartak Moscow have today confirmed the £124,000,000 sale of the club to an unheard of businessman using the alias of 'Sponge Spuds'. Little is known about this majestic magnate.

View attachment 363222

One supporter was quoted as saying:

'Who the **** is this guy? What nationality is he? Is he even a man?'

A statement from 'Sponge Spuds' read:

Greetings to all associated with Spartak Moscow. Today we have the opportunity to turn this great club into the greatest. Superb facilities, a new stadium, and a fantastic squad all provide the foundation to breed success.

View attachment 363223

I can assure you that the bountiful amounts of money I will inject into this club will drive positive change for Spartak and the Russian League as a whole. The talent I will bring will dazzle and amaze. Sparkle and astonish. Our players staff and fans will all feel an overwhelming sense of pride to know that they are part of this great project.

View attachment 363224

My message to any fans or critics who doubt me......​

​Trust the SPUD!!!

Porto at it again..

Billie Marshall has announced the third signing since his takeover with confirmation that highly rated Argentinian Javier Pastore has joined on a 5 year deal for approximately £20 million

Marshall said " Javier brings an enormous amount of quality to FC Porto and is a player i was quite keen to add to the squad when i brought the football club "

"With the signings of Jovetic and Strootman we had added Pastore with the aim of squad depth being pivotal when competing in a tough season in multiple competitions "

" In my opinion the likes of Pastore, Moutinho, Rodriguez, Jovetic and Strootman form one of the stronger sides in world football "

Finally he added other deals are now unlikely and that the summer spending may now be left to new manager Diego Simeone after again failing to land Rui Patricio from Sporting

Rayo Vallecano announce manager and another transfer!!!

Dale Henderson today called a press conference to announce the appointment of Michael Laudrup as the clubs new manager. After having some success in Spain already with Getafe and Mallorca already Henderson feels that this is the right man to take the club to the next level. Laudrup is rumoured to have a large transfer kitty to spend and will be hoping to add to the signings already made at Rayo to play the brand of free flowing football laudrup likes his sides to play. Henderson was asked at the press conference about what he plans to do with Vallecano. He responded

" I am here for the long haul I enjoy the country and I have the money to invest in the squad and the facilities to move Rayo up the table and in 3 to 4 years time turn them into regular champions league qualifiers. I'm not here to turn a profit sell up and move onto another club or anything like that."

He was also assked what he expects of laudrup in his first season in charge

" I am a realist and don't expect us to qualify for europe or nothing like that but I believe laudrup will get us playing successful attractive football which will in turn attract more fans and allows us to expand the stadium and facilities. But challenging for top ten will suffice and a cup run would be nice too he Michael will have funds and the backing to sign any player he wishes and that is all for today ladies and gents"

The signing of liverpool youngster Suso was also confirmed at the press conference added to the recent signings that have been made and the appointment of Laudrup you can see a real statement of intent by the Rayo chairmen.