Zero0o

Reaction score
Anyone interested in creating a BVB tactic with me? Will try to make it as real as possible to Klopp's system.

Here are some articles which expand on BVB's playing style:

http://www.discountfootballkits.com/blog/team-focus-juergen-klopps-borussia-dortmund/

Magazine: Five reasons why neutrals MUST support Borussia Dortmund at Wembley | Radio talkSPORT

Borussia Dortmund's success pinned on an ever-evolving style

Borussia Dortmund Football Statistics | WhoScored.com

Dortmund: Breaking Down Jurgen Klopp's Tactics and the Role of Each Player | Bleacher Report

Jurgen Klopp: The Brain Behind Dortmund’s Success | The 12th Player

How Dortmund Announced Their Arrival As Europe's Most Exciting Team

Real Madrid: 10 reasons why they lost to Borussia Dortmund | GiveMeSport

Systemanalyse: Dortmunds 5:0-Halbzeit | Spielverlagerung

Match analysis: Borussia Dortmund - Malaga C.F. 3:2 | Spielverlagerung

English: Borussia Dortmund - Real Madrid 4:1 | Spielverlagerung

Some key things about Dortmund:

They counter press, so when they press aggressively high up the pitch and win the ball, they don't wait and try too look for an opening, but rather as soon as they get the ball they attack in numbers to the net.

They transition as a unit.

They counter attack in numbers.

They play 4-2-3-1

Reus and Gotze are constantly interchanging positions.

So is anyone interested on working this tactic with me? :)

Last edited:
( Big)Edit: Saw your posts in his thread :)
( wont be able to contribute at alll thougj as I hav not seen them play more than 4-5 times over the last years)

Good luck on your project

Last edited:
Well since I haven't gotten an answer yet, except by TBH i guess ill work on this tactic myself.

Unless anyone else is interested in helping...?

Hey Zero0o, I have recently become a fan of “gegenpressing” myself & have been looking for a tactic but to no avail. The closest I have found is “Raikan007’s Borussia Dortmund: Jurgen Klopp’s Recreation Tactic 13.3.3” but I agree with you, it’s just not accurate enough. My only concern is that what if “gegenpressing” can’t actually be implemented into the game enough due to the games limited tactical capabilities.

Right on 8)

I've downloaded a few BVB matches from last season, im taking notes and points from those matches on what i noticed.

Ill post those key notes tomorrow.

Oh ok kool.. I’ll have look tomorrow then. I can kind of gather how they play through the articles that you posted, but the stumbling block for me is how to implement that into the game.

Well my philosophy is that, the players decide everything when it comes to formations tactics.

The players roles determine the style of play, so once i get the players roles spot on it should get much easier IMO.

Gegenpressing is possible, I actually made a tactic with counter pressing as the main element, but my only problem was that my team didn't counter attack (which BVB do). Hopefully ill be able to find a mix, because its either Awesome counter pressing or Awesome counter attacks. But, I would personally be fine with good counter attacks and good counter pressing, but I have yet to find a good mix.

Do BVB always play counter or do they play more posession when at home? as in do u think it should be a plug and play or two possibly 3 tactics?

Do BVB always play counter or do they play more posession when at home? as in do u think it should be a plug and play or two possibly 3 tactics?

Well ill be uploading the tactic soon.

But I made two tactics, home tactic they press high up the pitch more.

Away tactic they drop deeper.

Away against smaller teams: Gundogan (playmaker) playing style mixed Gotze is CAM. (counter)

Away against stronger teams: Gotze (playmaker) playing style left, Gotze is LCAM. (counter)

Home against weak teams: Gundogan (playmaker) playing style mixed Gotze is RCAM (Attacking)

Home against strong teams: Gotze (playmaker) playing style left, Gotze is LCAM (Attacking)

Against very weak teams: Kuba (playmaker) playing style right, Piszeck RWB (attacking)

Last edited:
Here are the tactics have had some great success, beat Bayern away 4-0 :)

Any critic is welcomed.

****, I forgot to edit something in the away tactic. Make Gotze the playmaker and make focus passing down the left flank :)

Last edited:
Ill be posting an official thread for the tactic, after I've tweaked it to make it as real as possible.

The shouts are important:

Home shouts: Get stuck in, pass into space, run at defense, work ball into box, look for overlap, get ball forward, hassle the opponents.

Away Shouts: Clear ball to flanks, pass into space, play wider, run at defense, look for overlap, get ball forward, exploit the flanks.

Pre season prep: Team cohesion (high), Fitness (high), Tactics (average)

Match prep: Away and home against weak teams (Attacking movement) Home against strong teams (team work) Away against strong teams ( Defensive positioning)

Didn't touch any of the set pieces.

interesting.. you've put a lot of thought into it.. but that's good.. i agree with the play-makers and i believe it was mentioned in the articles that you put up about mixing up the play-maker to keep the opponents guessing and change the dynamics of the offensive play. Cant wait to try your tactic out & i will be sure to give you feedback so that we can get this tactic nailed down to the credit it deserves..

i'll check em out now.. and WOW u beat bayern 4 nill away! nice..

Yeah, but i guess i got a little help that Ribery got injured in the 11th minute lol.

Team morale is important I use Raikans team talk guide.

Worst thing about the tactic is that sometimes im efficient in front of goal and burying the chances other times im so unlucky and my players kept missing :X

Hummels made some indv mistakes as well like in real life lol.

I think there is some realism, but it can be improved I didn't touch the GK instructions because Weidenfeller is a solid goalkeeper who does a regular job so i left his instructions default.

My players made a few bad passes to the goalie which were intercepted by the opposing team.

In the away tactic, put Gotze as playmaker and focus down left flank.

Last edited:
I let the coach/assistant manager with the highest tactical knowledge do it.