Bosnia and Herzegovina National Team

focus_mad

Reaction score
The independent Bosnia and Herzegovina national football team has never qualified for a European or World Championship

With this statement I have now taken on the task of getting B & H to a major footballing tournament.

They are currently 61st in the official FIFA Rankings

They missed out on the 2010 World Cup by a rather large 6 points however stll finished 4th.

I have to strenghten the backroom staff for a scouting point of view and organise friendlies against teams higher than us to rise up in the rankings..

I will definately (sp? why do I think I spelled that wrong?) follow this. My Bhutan one is a *****. I hope you have far more luck than I.

National teams like these are fun because you down 3 years in the time it takes to go 1 season as a Domestic Manager.

Wishing ya the best from Thimphu ;)

Cheers pal, I was reading yours and thats what got me thinking of doing a lower reputation senior national team.

You'v a hard graft ahead of you but if your lads keep getting signed yous should start to reap the rewards!!

It's a wonder. I'm not sure how any of it has happened. Why would the sign Bhutani players?

I took Blyth to the premiership in 6 years. Won it in 8. To be honest, it was simple. Being Bhutan is terribly hard. Cheers man and good luck. Hope to here your opinions on mine. Any advice would be much appreciated.

Well one thing that popped into me head was, maybe if you started applyin for lower league jobs, if you got one you could start signing your national team players and that way they are getting match practise and developing?
Or is that cnsidered cheating??

---------- Post added at 02:56 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:26 AM ----------

So the shake up has begun. My first task was to re-shape the backroom staff so I approached a number of ex Bosnian internationals who are curretnly coaching across Europe, they jumped at the chance and I am trying to recruit a fre Brazilian physios to come aboard.

Having brought the coaches intothe staff I have deployed them scouting numerous players who are eligible and I have been focusing on foreign players who will be gaining Bosnian nationality papers after a period of time.

I wouldn't consider it cheating. Most of your players will never be signed. In my case I caught lightning I suppose. I've never had this happen when I managed Bhutan on FM 07. Although FM has changed considerably. I would create a new manager all together and join a lower league club of your choice. Sign some of the players and there. Or use an editor or something to disperse your players so they get the playing time. I wouldn't call that cheating at all as otherwise you may struglle to see your players ever advance past what they are.

Also make sure all your domestic clubs have Youth Academies, because if not you might not get many if any regens. Err other than that I think your set. The wild thing is people signed my Bhutan players. I didn't send them anywhere.

sounds good you played any games yet i tried to something like this but got bored and then won the world cup with england lol but if u do get them to a world cup you done more then me

how do you make sure the domestic clubs have youth academys, can u tell them to invest in them?

Yeah the task of building up a team is better than having a ready set nation waiting to rock up for the world cup ya no?

make sasa papac ur captain lol

i wud like a challeng dunno wt 2 do urs gd idea tho, myt try win african nations n do well in world cup wit south africa or sumfin lol

I'm tryin to get papic and that chap that used to play with fc bayern out of retirement!!!

Gonna keep my eye on this thread too, Aswell as Sirva's Bhutan one.currently playing as Gateshead trying to see how far i can take them in 10 years but once thats over im gonna be looking for a new challange and a national team sounds interesting to me.

Cant say i've seen any Bhutan players in any league in England on my game yet but i've seen a few B & H players around.Highest one was at Leeds United in the 2010/11 season in the Championship.Think he was a DM or CM dont think he played very often for them though.Seen a few in BSP League 2 and League 1 but they dont last very long from what i've seen.

Will have a look around when im next on my game and see how many B & H players are playing in England or even Europe though.

Yeah there's a few B & H lads playing top level football but I'm trying to pick out a few gems at the minute. Also there appears to be a few Croats that are eligible and havent been capped at u21s so I'm currently scouting. I will post up a list of the fixtures for next year (all friendlies at the minute)

If you use an editor. A realtime editor that is. FMRTE to be exact would be mine. All you do is click B & H in game. Click the Domestic tab. Look at all those clubs there and search them in FMRTE. When they come up on FMRTE click the information tab on each one and check off Youth Academy.

i don't think he wants to cheat so he probably won't do that. does improved ranking improve the calibre of the countries regens?

i don't think he wants to cheat so he probably won't do that. does improved ranking improve the calibre of the countries regens?

was thinking this myself as im currently managing ireland and got the in the top 20 with only a few games played :D

Ranking doesn't have an effect on regens. Only Reputation. Being Bhutan I will only catch maybe one or two even half-assed regens ever. But see my problem is I won't have regens, or not many. With out youth academies you won't be able to get youth players. Considering Bhutan only has roughly 32 available players or so. When they retire that number shrinks and soon my game will crash.

Still considered cheating?

I wouldn't consider it cheating. Most of your players will never be signed. In my case I caught lightning I suppose. I've never had this happen when I managed Bhutan on FM 07. Although FM has changed considerably. I would create a new manager all together and join a lower league club of your choice. Sign some of the players and there. Or use an editor or something to disperse your players so they get the playing time. I wouldn't call that cheating at all as otherwise you may struglle to see your players ever advance past what they are.

Also make sure all your domestic clubs have Youth Academies, because if not you might not get many if any regens. Err other than that I think your set. The wild thing is people signed my Bhutan players. I didn't send them anywhere.
How could you possibly not consider this cheating? This is exactly cheating. i can see why it makes your game a little more interesting but this is cheating though

A. Never dispersed my players.
B. Without Acadeies you get no regens so after like 3 years I only have 9 players. Meaning I can't go any farther.........so Acadmies are necessary
C. You can leave your players wherever but there comes a point when no matter how great your tactics are you WILL lose because you have a player with a CA of 4 and a PA of 11. Or a CA of 2 and a PA of 88 but they'll never hit that PA because they don'tg et any football.

A. But still you send them to other teams manually which causes the players to move to clubs where they can grow more, they can join other teams more easily, this wouldn't happen if you didn't create an extra manager which makes it cheating.
B If I load a country in my game I still have regens coming in in 2030 (except the Bahamas, Wallis & Futuna, Cookislands and some more), can be that some countriesclubs can't hold on to their players, that's something which has to be improved for sure. But at point B I agree that's it's not really cheating.
C True but that's just how it goes in real life for players from those countries. i mean players there don't have the same opportunities as other european or bigger asian country national sides.

It's not to be a hard *** it's just that there's a line and crossing that makes it cheating. I do understand why you do this though it's natural i guess ;)
But still I'm making this database with all countries loaded, being on holiday until 2030, and i have already seen that there's many many many national squads that are going to be very nice to manage. It's nice to see that compared to FM08 FM09 has also players moving in lower league and lower national club teams, it's nice to have a national squad with few players in europe, some in other smaller countries and of course in the home nation.