Bosses criticise 2022 switch plan

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 44
  • Views Views 2K
How do players contracts work? Do you think clubs could stop their players playing for their nations?

Well basicly the clubs could say if you go then we wont pay you for the time you are their or we ill terminate your contract.

Blatter - Because the CAN wasn't enough of a January pain in the ***...

I agree that moving the tournament is a complete joke and just proves how inept FIFA really are, but could this actually be a blessing in disguise?

1) It may force the FA to restructure the league and cup competitions in England, reducing the number of games and introducing a winter break - the national team would surely reap the benefits
2) Being played earlier, England may have an improved chance as there will be less fatigue or burn out

Anything that improves England's chances of winning the World Cup is a positive in my opinion

winter world cup? fail.

its gonna be like rugby where club sides are playing youth teams cos the major players are playing for thier countries

to be honest we have 11 years until the world cup a lot could happen in this time

plus i don't know why you lot are complaining, the world is going to end next year so it doesn't matter anyway.

Thing is if we have a 2022 world cup, then the African Nations gets cancelled, then hopefully it will never be played in January ever again....

to be honest we have 11 years until the world cup a lot could happen in this time

plus i don't know why you lot are complaining, the world is going to end next year so it doesn't matter anyway.

The world cup is one of the biggest events in the world, it requires a lot of preparation.

And I really, really hope you don't believe in that.

Well basicly the clubs could say if you go then we wont pay you for the time you are their or we ill terminate your contract.

During official international competitions FIFA can make you release the players. Most players would definitely leave the club to play a WC for their country. And the club wouldnt be able to stop them. Its that or feel the fist of FIFA.

During official international competitions FIFA can make you release the players. Most players would definitely leave the club to play a WC for their country. And the club wouldnt be able to stop them. Its that or feel the fist of FIFA.

FIFA are nothing without the clubs though, there would be no football business in the first place if not for them. They can't really afford to alienate every European club with international players, it'd be a political disaster.

When can I ask would you all rather have the World Cup instead of January in Qatar, would rather keep the traditional June and let players die of heat and exhausation along with the fans? And the World Cup is in Qatar for sure so we have to deal with it and find the best possible solution to this

Last edited:
When can I ask would you all rather have the World Cup instead of January in Qatar, would rather keep the traditional June and let playersdie of hat and exhausation along with the fans? And the World Cup is in Qatar for sure so we have to deal with it and find the best possible solution to this

It should be in June to show how stupid FIFA were to choose Qatar

It should be in June to show how stupid FIFA were to choose Qatar

your energy would be better spent trying to find a possible solution rather than slagging off FIFA for choosing Qatar, it has happened and its not going to change so we have to deal with it and make the best out of it we can

2022 is such a long time away. There might even be a winter break for every European league by then. No point getting worked up about it already.

When can I ask would you all rather have the World Cup instead of January in Qatar, would rather keep the traditional June and let players die of heat and exhausation along with the fans? And the World Cup is in Qatar for sure so we have to deal with it and find the best possible solution to this

Unfortunately we're in the position where we have to have the January World Cup, I think everyone is angry at FIFA that they let this situation arise in the first place, it really highlights their complete inadequacy at governing the largest sport in the world, it's a disgrace to be frank.

Unfortunately we're in the position where we have to have the January World Cup, I think everyone is angry at FIFA that they let this situation arise in the first place, it really highlights their complete inadequacy at governing the largest sport in the world, it's a disgrace to be frank.

Agreed but their is nothing we can do about it so we just have to deal with it and I am sure the clubs must realise this too, I honeslty dont want a situation where some of the worlds top class players are refusing to go to the World Cup in 2022 becasue their clubs are telling them not too but I would rather have the WC in January than June due to the heat temperautures plus nothing is confirmed as of yet so we have to wait

your energy would be better spent trying to find a possible solution rather than slagging off FIFA for choosing Qatar, it has happened and its not going to change so we have to deal with it and make the best out of it we can

I thought that Qatar were going to build multiple air conditioned stadiums to solve the heat problem? What happened to that idea? FIFA can't change the tradition of when the world cup is held just because they made a mistake in who they chose to host the WC. It would completely mess up the schedules made my the leagues around the world. I would say there are more fans who care more about how the team they support and watching them than international football and they would be pretty angry about their team not playing for 2 months

I thought that Qatar were going to build multiple air conditioned stadiums to solve the heat problem? What happened to that idea? FIFA can't change the tradition of when the world cup is held just because they made a mistake in who they chose to host the WC. It would completely mess up the schedules made my the leagues around the world. I would say there are more fans who care more about how the team they support and watching them than international football and they would be pretty angry about their team not playing for 2 months

I would rather watch th World Cup for 2 months than the EPL any day, plus nothing is confirmed as of yet and I am pretty sure that thei air conditioned sadiums idea is stil in the offing so me might get a proper schedule at last, I am pretty sure that unless some new technology comes out before 2022 the WC will be held in January and their is plenty of time for FIFA to think this through and decide

Agreed but their is nothing we can do about it so we just have to deal with it and I am sure the clubs must realise this too, I honeslty dont want a situation where some of the worlds top class players are refusing to go to the World Cup in 2022 becasue their clubs are telling them not too but I would rather have the WC in January than June due to the heat temperautures plus nothing is confirmed as of yet so we have to wait

I'd rather the club's stand up and put Blatter in his place.

I would rather watch th World Cup for 2 months than the EPL any day, plus nothing is confirmed as of yet and I am pretty sure that thei air conditioned sadiums idea is stil in the offing so me might get a proper schedule at last, I am pretty sure that unless some new technology comes out before 2022 the WC will be held in January and their is plenty of time for FIFA to think this through and decide

There's one thing we disagree on. I would much rather see Leeds win the PL in 2022 (cos we'll be back there (A) ) than see England win the world cup but that's just personal preference. Hopefully the air conditoned stadiums will prove to be a reality as that will allow the WC to be held in the summer. But yes as you and many have said the 2022 WC is 11 years away so lots of time for lots of things to change

Back