Bosses criticise 2022 switch plan

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 44
  • Views Views 2K
I'd rather the club's stand up and put Blatter in his place.

And do u think a new FIFA president will change the host of the 2022 World Cup, imo he wll be better than Blatter whoever he is

There's one thing we disagree on. I would much rather see Leeds win the PL in 2022 (cos we'll be back there (A) ) than see England win the world cup but that's just personal preference. Hopefully the air conditoned stadiums will prove to be a reality as that will allow the WC to be held in the summer. But yes as you and many have said the 2022 WC is 11 years away so lots of time for lots of things to change

Could not have put it better myself :D

I would rather watch th World Cup for 2 months than the EPL any day, plus nothing is confirmed as of yet and I am pretty sure that thei air conditioned sadiums idea is stil in the offing so me might get a proper schedule at last, I am pretty sure that unless some new technology comes out before 2022 the WC will be held in January and their is plenty of time for FIFA to think this through and decide
No their Bid was based on these stadiums actually working in the summer, it was more than just an idea, it was the anchor to their winning bid.

And do u think a new FIFA president will change the host of the 2022 World Cup, imo he wll be better than Blatter whoever he is

That isn't my point, my point is that the 2022 has been a monumental **** up, and hopefully it will finally get Blatter out, since he's yet to be of benefit to the sport. And as far as I'm concerned, if Qatar can't do the air conditioned stadiums they promised, the process should be repeated, or the 2nd place bid in the vote should get the right to host, it's completely unacceptable to promise air conditioned stadiums; which were the only thing that validated their bid and then not give them.

That isn't my point, my point is that the 2022 has been a monumental **** up, and hopefully it will finally get Blatter out, since he's yet to be of benefit to the sport. And as far as I'm concerned, if Qatar can't do the air conditioned stadiums they promised, the process should be repeated, or the 2nd place bid in the vote should get the right to host, it's completely unacceptable to promise air conditioned stadiums; which were the only thing that validated their bid and then not give them.

Alot can happen between now and 2022 mate as u said so their is no reason to worry and just imaine theoutcry it will cause if FIFA take the World Cup away from Qatar

Alot can happen between now and 2022 mate as u said so their is no reason to worry and just imaine theoutcry it will cause if FIFA take the World Cup away from Qatar

It'd be justified. I promise to renovate my house, if you promise to buy it when I do. You buy the house, but I don't renovate it, you'd want your money back. Poor analogy, but you get the point.

Back