Bouncing back from Beer, Babes and Broken legs - A Sergio Hernandez Story!

Status
Not open for further replies.

bcfc

Shizz has changed...
Reaction score
Hello everyone, well yesterday I was looking around the forum and I had a sudden urge of nspiration to write this! All i'm gonna say is that it is played on the 10.3 patch and I loaded Spain to B level, England premier league, France Ligue 1 and Italy Serie a. Everything else will unfold as the story advances ;)

Prologue

The team were distantly applauded as they marched the perimeter of Muncipal de Guijuelo, another mediocre season left Club Deportivo Guijuelo’s fans with a bitter taste in their mouths. Manager after manager, no man could take them out of the Second Division B and into the second tier of Spanish football. The supporters were downbeat over the average performances that Carlos Pouso was drawing from the team and they demanded change, the team that were founded in 2000 had finished 9th in a season where a player that was on their books finished as top scorer, ‘That shows our general underachievement, without Javi (Ballesteros) where would we be then’ fan Sergio Hernandez told his father Julio.

Sergio is a former professional footballer who grew up less than a mile from the ground, at the tender age of 16 he made his debut for the larger local side UD Salamanca, it was the 1976/77 season, Salamanca faced the future champions Atletico Madrid. The match finished one a piece with Sergio setting up his squad’s goal. The fans instantly recognised him as a future talent and after a very stellar five seasons the tricky winger earned himself a move to league runners up Real Madrid. This was a time that combined with Real Sociedad, Los Merengues dominated Spanish football. After only five goalless games for Real, Sergio was ruled out for two years after a horrific leg break!

After a few months of being sidelined Sergio was released and left without a job, it was rumoured that at one point Hernandez considered suicide as he felt that ‘My life is going backwards.’ Sergio pulled through that period and at the start of the 1983./84 campaign moved to B division group 2 side Lorca Deportiva. That was the glory year for him scoring 26 of their 51 league goals whilst setting up 10 of the other 25! Lorca won the title and were promoted to the second tier, this would be far tougher for Sergio and he would have to be back to his best to return the previous season’s heroics. This was where the 23 year old Spaniard’s career fell into a rapid decline.

The depths of obsession, oppression and obsession overran the rest of Hernandez’s professional life. He has turned into a womanising drunk, he failed to turn up to matches let alone training. Lorca however couldn’t afford to let him go as he was by far the stand out player in the squad. After only making 50 appearances in the next 4 years Sergio retired from the game, the Spanish game mourned him as they hadn’t had a character like him for years…

Chapter 1 coming soon ;)

nice start i will follow obviously like i do with all your stories lol good luck :)

V.Nice start mate, I will be keeping an eye on this + I love your avatar :D

Chapter 1 – Call of duty

‘Oi Dad?!’ A teenage boy shouted upstairs. ‘What is it Antonio?’ his father Sergio Hernandez replied; Sergio was recently voted as footballs biggest ever wasted talent, the man who later on in his eventful career was nicknamed ‘La Demencia Un’ which translates to the demented one, not to the surprise of many Spaniard’s he has completely faded away and now 20 years on he is about to uncover some news that will send shockwaves around the world.

‘Come and look at this’ Antonio blurted out. ‘Have you found a ne…. Eh? Is this real?!’ Sergio jumped with glee! Without any real form of application he had been named manager of his favourite team CD Guijuedo basically because of his ‘big name!’ By the time it sunk in that it wasn’t a joke Sergio was beginning to become rather stressed, the hopes of his entire football club would rest on him.

The first bits of buzz around the story were the fans criticising each other for asking that the board appoint a manager that ‘cares about the club.’ Other Spanish fans are ridiculing the board’s decision and now the media are tipping CD for relegation as the last manager’s final act was selling star striker Javi Ballesteros. Sergio has only three days to prepare his team before the start of the new season, anyone who says that this will be easy obviously needs their brain to be checked!

Three days later…
The unfamiliar surroundings of Bereiro filled the eyes of new boss Sergio Hernandez as he walked out out of the old battered that houses Celta Vigo's B side. The stadium holds 4,500 fans which week in, week out is full to the brim. ‘I have attempted to get the players working in a 4-4-2 formation with highly advanced wingers’, ‘the squad seem personally to be fine although my assistant has been keen to warn me that the togetherness between the players seems to be lacking’ were Hernandez’s main points before the game yet he seemed to be uncomfortable in the hot seat.

Neither side took a hold of the game in the first half both comfortable playing the ball inside their own halves, after the interval Sergio’s known eccentricity must have seeped into the players as almost straight away they bombed forward scoring from a fine team move. After another brief spell at bombarding the opposition the game again settled down with nothing else much to comment on. Hernandez has beaten the critics by winning his first game in charge, yet without any funds available this side looks far from good enough to get anywhere near the fans previous expectations of promotion, the media’s outlook of relegation seems far more likely.

Beginner's luck maybe but a slight hint of optimism is starting to be felt among supporters!

Last edited:
good start mate I will be following

Check out my Bojan Krkic story

Good start mate :) I will definately be following this.

Later that night...

Due to a pretty hefty journey back to Salamanca the entire CD Guijuelo team stayed in the vicinity of their earlier win. Just a short while from the ground a cheap bed and breakfast was pretty much all they were getting, although the players may complain most regular citizens would be fairly satisfied with the comfortable rooms. The dark alleys behind the establishment were one downside though, one may daren't think of what occurs in there! As several hooded figures crowded into that very area, team manager Sergio Hernandez felt that it was time to shut the blinds and grab a good-night's sleep...

'I've missed you' A solemn voice called out in the deep night, 'Whaa?! Maria? I thought you were dead?!' Sergio cried with fright. A middle-aged Spanish woman appeared in his vision, 'Did you miss me?' His thought-to-be-dead wife, Maria whispered in that again sorrowful tone. Maria had supposedly died in a car-crash two years ago, whilst her vehicle was found the police never discovered her body, a conspiracy theory as the moon landing transpired in Castille and Leon but nobody anywhere else took any kind of serious notice to it.

'As this 'A christmas carol' like haunting carried on the surreal feeling started to surpass and it almost felt like the good old days. When I almost reached my comfort zone the sharp buzzing of my alarm came at the most inapropriate time ever, I only wish for a few more minutes in the dream just to remember what it was like but as ever time is the cruelest yet most valuable ingredient in everything.'

Good luck Josh, good stuff so far

I stupidly played a month now alot of writing is ahead (A)

Thanks babes :wub:

Nice stuff Josh.

I'm an avid follower of course. :wub:

Thanks Chris :)

Dunno whether I'll write some more updatage today (A)

im in the same boat mate - months ahead of my updates. I just cant stop playin the **** game!

As Sergio climbed off the coach last night's dream still remained at the forefront of his mind. Now the team were back to work for the following week, and unsuitably for some of the older players 5 hour sessions every day is the lighter stuff. Every squad member is expected to attend to every session 30 minutes early for a briefing of tactics and such like. The training usually consists of a focus on a core part of the team's game, today, the main sector would be fitness. A day of bleep testing, gym working and pitch-perimeter jogging followed.

Sergio arrived home at just after 6 PM, greeted with Antonio's thumping drum and bass music he stepped inside the front door. Antonio was always the life of the party since had Maria died, as a 15 year old he coped amazingly through the entire ordeal and without him Sergio would be debating whether he'd be here now or not, his second stint of depression really drew him very close to the edge but now he has found my way back into his beloved game everything is seemingly fitting into place!*

On the edge of the hallway lay three letters; bill, bill... Marca?! Spain's leading Newspaper had contacted Sergio for reasons that I'm pretty sure for once can be positive ones. After a pretty word bam-boozling letter Marca's editor got to the point, they wanted to do an article all about Guijuelo.*

Guijuelo is still pretty split on Sergio's ability but Marca are looking for a story...

As the early hours of Saturday passed Guijuelo manager Sergio Hernandez lay awake, motionless on top of his bare mattress. He and his son recently moved to their current home and as that shows some of the minor details aren't quite finished. Later that day he would walk out upon 1,500 hone fans as his side took on Lugo, an aura of testosterone mixed with expectancy filled the surroundings of El Muncipal de Guijuelo.

A very cautious approach was adapted by both teams from the off, they looked afraid to take any kind of risks in case of it backfiring. Much like Hernandez's first game in charge it was pretty uneventful, all of this caginess ended when Piojo bursted through the Lugo defence to score the games only goal! The young Spaniard took his goal very well and earned the man of the match award in doing so. The only moment of brilliance in the entire match, decided the match.

Much to the fans delight they sat behind first on goal difference after two wins out of two. Is Sergio Hernandez the man to lead his hometown club to promotion...?

Status
Not open for further replies.