Bradford City - Road to the Premier League !

Reaction score
Bradford City - Promotion in a Row !

Hello my friend ^^)
Welcome to my Bradford City Story .I know Bradford City a few years ago when they beat a number of BPL Teams and entered League Cup Final . I led Bradford to win BPL in FM15 .
I am also writing a story about Carpi FC in another forum.(not sure it's allowed or not to state which forum)
So basically , this is my first story there
I will use 16.3 Database+ Pr0 Transfer Update.

View attachment 141636

The Manager:
f23e4884dfe293d66a39b18e1c40f9e9.png
I am a former Italian International who just retired from professional football.I earned National C License in my late of career. I am good at motivating my players!!!!
Club Information:
133c40c46a46daa269430cd9defe9a63.jpg

9e5d89f18104b46416242470f019f1d8.png

Season 12015/2016
Sky Bet League 1Champion
Fa CupThird Round
Capital One CupFirst Round
Johnstone's Paint TrophySecond Round

Season 12016/2017
Sky Bet ChampionshipChampion
Fa Cup
Capital One Cup

Season 12017/2018
Premeir Legaue?
Fa Cup?
Capital One Cup?

Last edited:
My Squad
0e99fb125dbb8a8725be7cd25f8fee1d.png
well, there are some U18 players, certainly dont have enough players for the long season.
I need more players especially wingers, MCs but we only have 50k transfer budget! We need some help from BPL/Championship

Season 1 - Preseason and Transfer and........
Welcome Back!!!
Our pre-season went pretty well

3eb9eb364bad8a7a9278436444c079d6.png

1f4059508c041b1a4f62a2d406d404cf.png

um ,that's good, less pressure on me and my players.

Lots of free transfer and free , as i take Southampton as our parent club, they have lots of decent youngsters:D
I was forced to terminate loan of Lubomir Satka due to hip injury which sidelined him for 5 months

f5966e4390faf5b729efaa91448a4caa.png

Managerial Debut
Former-International Javier Lok is ready to make managerial debut for the League-1 side. Players,Fans,Media have high expectation on him. Can him fulfill their expectations and take Bradford back to Premier League?

Fleetwood Town vs Bradford City
b6e3b3222ae5125e887ce2382009f8fa.png

The first competitive match was very good! I claimed the first win as a manager. Congrat to Jamie Proctor to score against his old club.

August Update 1

A disappointing Capital Cup experience:(
5b9c4edda4306cee6e586eb30db8376a.png

A moment that I will never forget. As my first attempt of Captial Cup
People(including ME) expected Bradford City to win easily when they faced a League 2 team Morecambe. However, the League 1 side let people down.
I decided to use some subs to increase their fitness conditions but that cannot be an excuse.
Losing in ET is the worst things !Especially it would affect our game plan of next game!
btw, we can focus on the league .

View attachment 147606
After a disappointing performance at Captial Cup, we are back to the league.
Scunthorpe United visited us and it was a exciting game.
Things were pretty even .
Ryan Seager scored a game-winning goal on 90minutes
2 wins in a row in League 1 !
View attachment 147607
GOOD Bradford City.
3 wins in a row!
PAULLLLL ANDERSON!!!!

August Update 2

View attachment 147605
We never give them any chances. A dominate game. Paul Anderson scored again !

View attachment 147603
A close game, i disagree that Segar scored with a lucky strike .

Johnstone's Paint Trophy
View attachment 147601
a cup that i dont pay much attention to . Decided to give young players and back-up players some chances.
and Sam Gallagher just recovered from injury and broke the record !
View attachment 147596

Last edited:
Final August Update

Transfer Deadline Passed
Final Squad
View attachment 147594

Manager of the Month
View attachment 147593
Young Player of the Month
View attachment 147592
Player of the Month
View attachment 147591
we smashed the league with 5 straight win !

The League Table
View attachment 147583

View attachment 147589
Time to study to become a better manager.

View attachment 147587
View attachment 147586
View attachment 147585
Happy with forward-thinking chairman
Hopefully, we will have more decent young players in the future

September Update

View attachment 147566
Daniel Bentley did well to prevent us from extending the lead.
We scored from deadball again

View attachment 147565
Northampton's last stand during injury-time almost gave them an equalizer

View attachment 147564
Poor defending costed us 2 points ,cross by Ricketts passed 4 defenders .
I slammed them during teamtalk

View attachment 147563
A tough game due to McMahon early bath. We were forced to sit deep and launch long ball which was quite effective.
Paul Anderson did well to score from Meredith's cross

View attachment 147562
WHAT A GAME
The boys showed determination ! Heseketh came off the bench when second half started which was a successful change.
Paul Anderson's cross are too good! and so good << see the goals by clicking :)

League Table : 7points advantage
View attachment 147561

Well deserved Player of the Month
View attachment 147560

Last edited:
October Update1

View attachment 147166
Jake Hesketh showed his ability in this game by creating chance for Paul Anderson on 19minutes as well as put the ball into the net 10 minutes later .James Hanson scored his first goal of the season on 81minutes.

View attachment 147162
A less important cup match IMO, i make some rotation to let me guys rest, unfortunately , we were beaten at home.

View attachment 147164
Another disappointing game at home. Our defenders are weak at defending cross, and this weakness punished us again.
View attachment 147163
Revenge for Johnstone's Paint Trophy. Seager just needed 30 seconds to create an opening for the visitor. Lee Evans scored his first goal of the season .However, We conceded another goal from cross :(:(:( , i will tweak my tactic to handle this problem.Otherwise, we will be punished again and again.

hi mate.... impressive story and great start to the season for you. i was wondering if you don't mind me asking.... what formation/tactics are you using?

October Update 2

View attachment 146590
I changed formation to 4-3-3 in this game which was a good tweak. We controlled the ball, created a number of chances. Paul Anderson scored from deadball situation on 17minutes .Ben Williams was almost beaten from deadball but he was able to stop it.

View attachment 146589
Both teams took lots of shots . But Seager 's first time shot in the 17th minutes give us the lead.Hanson use his body to protect the ball and lay off to Seager who scored the 2nd goal. Oxford United had some threats including James Roberts 's shot but Ben Williams did well to stop .

View attachment 146588
Darby's cross led to Percival's own goal. But Steven Davies , ex-Bradford player, scored the equalizer but Paul Anderson once again proved himself is the best player in Bradford(even in the league) .

View attachment 146587View attachment 146586

Last edited:
November Update

View attachment 146585
A easy game to play against League 2 side Cambridge. Seager and Hanson led the line and did well.

View attachment 146582
We needed to fight through fatigue in this game because some of my key players were tired after international duty.Reza Ghoochannejhad gave us a worst start on 1 minute. Josh Morris pushed Hodson and scored but the ref didnt give any signal .Hodson's silly tackle inside the box gave us a penalty but Billy Clarke who recovered from long-term injury missed it . After a few days, we had a conflict and he was told to leave asap.

View attachment 146581
Swindon's keeper was foreced to make good saves before Reece Burke scored form deadball on 25 minutes, a perfect delivery by Paul Anderson. Swindon wanted to score the equalizer but the quality of shots were pretty poor .Ryan Seager was taken off in the 62th minute , the injury let him sidelined for 3 weeks which was a bad bad news to us.Anyway, we grabbed the 3 points.

View attachment 146580
A goalless draw. Neither side did well to create chances.Paul Anderson was the only player did well in Bradford . However,we can hardly score without Ryan Seager who was our top-goal scorer so far.

December 1

View attachment 146181
A game which was closer than expected. Nicky Adams surprised everyone to score the opening for Carlisle on 18minutes,which was considered as underdog . Our finishing quality were poor in the first half and hardly hit the target despite those shots were taken inside the box. Josh Morris scored the equalizer from counter attack on 54mintues which was a powerful long-range effort. In the 64th minutes, Carlisle defenders was fouled inside the ball during corner situation, we were rewarded a penalty . McMahon took the penalty and scored on 64 minutes .Messina did well to stop Ibehre's close range shot on 66 minutes .However,Pennington was the unlucky man when he challenge Carlisle forward and tried to make clearance. In the 75th minutes, it was Morris and Anderson again, Morris crossed for Anderson and the latter scored an easy goal . Messina was forced to make saves on several occasion despite those shots were from tight angle . Messina did an excellent job to clear the through ball in the last minute to help us won the game .

View attachment 146176
Sylvan Ebanks-Blake posed great threats to us in the first half, broke our defender line several time but Ben Williams did well to turn ball around. Tommy Lee made a double save to stop a certain goal 1 minute after the match restarted .Sam Gallagher had a clear-cut chance on 78minutes after McMahon had intercepted the ball in the final third but he failed to convert. In the 85th minutes ,Meredith was lost by Ariyibi and we were punished .Obviously,our scoring ability was weakened due to the injury of Seager .

View attachment 146175

My players had better fitness condition due to 1-week rest while Rochdale's players were already tired when the game began . I felt high pressing tactics would be good for us . We were almost punished by poor passing at the back. In the 8th minutes, Jamie Proctor scored from delivery of Paul Anderson .Not long after the goal, Jamie Proctor had another opportunity but wasted while Rochalde 's forward did the same .Lillis had 2 excellent saves to stop Jamie Proctor which looked like certain goals.Josh Morris scored his 5th goal of the season from corner on 53minutes. Rochalde tried to attack but failed to create chances in the remaining time.

View attachment 146173
Jamie Proctor!!! scored the 2nd goal of the season on 17minutes , assisted by Hesketh .Yaya Sanogo almost scored the equalizer immediately , great save by Ben Williams . 2 capped International Bobby Zamora show his class by skipped past defenders and aimed for far post, Ben Williams saved us again! Gudnumdsson dribbled like messi to past 3 defenders and crossed for Sanogo who scored equalizer on the 60 minutes. I was very annoyed(because i was checking gpa at the same time but the network suck)So i changed mentality to attacking and close down much more .Finally, Hesketh scored on 75minutes .We grabbed 3 points but only had 2 days to rest.

Last edited:
A good read so far mate. Great to see Paul Anderson doing well after his time with my team Ipswich! Good luck :)

A good read so far mate. Great to see Paul Anderson doing well after his time with my team Ipswich! Good luck :)
thanks
i 've seen wiki .
Do you guys (Ipswich fans) really like him?
He is the most important player in my team especially he has quality to be key player of Championship team.

I LOVE YOU GUYS WHO HAVE LEFT A COMMENT IN THIS THREAD
so far this thread is a bit boring and not attractive (i know haha)
But i think things will be more exciting if we can promote to Championship (hopefully) :):)

View attachment 145901
It was more or less an even game. We had a few shots from tight angle while Bolton hardly had .We still had 7 points advantage in the league.

It's time renew contracts and prepare for new year.
Some players will be terminated as they are not good enough.

January Preview
View attachment 145891
If we beat Colchester United, we can advance into FA Cup 4th round.

Last edited: