Bradford City - Road to the Premier League !

January, Transfer Window,League 1 , Fa Cup

View attachment 145686
There was no highlight in the first 20 minutes.
In the 21st minutes, Anderson received a long ball who lost his marker and crossed and it came to Josh Morris in the far post. He passed backward to Evans , Evans once again passed to Paul Anderson, he crossed again, but cleared by defender, the clearance was not good, the ball came to Paul Anderson again ,who tried to shoot but was trapped down.PENALTY!!! Our captain Darby took the penalty and made it to one-nil. Hesketh shot a placed ball outside the box on 51 minutes but the keeper did well to stop it. Josh Morris headed past keeper from corner on 78 minutes . Meredith made a huge mistake during throw in, he gave the ball to opponent which costed us a goal immediately. He wont in the match squad next match despite we were able to keep the lead.

View attachment 145685
We showed initiative when the action got underway. Just 2 minutes after starting, Paul Anderson shot at tight angle, resulting corner. In 12 th minutes, we started counter attack after corner, a number of shot were taken in a row but none of them got past the keeper. There was a quite 3D move on 33minutes, Morris and Paul Anderson played long ball with each other, Morris finally nodded a powerless header. We created chance but failed to finish, Josh Morris took another powerless shot inside the box after a flowing move on 48minutes. A lot of crossed were pumped into the box, but failed to create any concrete results especially their keeper and defenders did well in aerial duel .We should win this match but there was no time to look back.

View attachment 145671
The pitch condition was awful, i decided to use 2 tall forward and pumped ball into the box. Nothing concrete until George Elokobi George Elokobi George Elokobi helped us to create opening .Just a few minute later,Messina and Clarke made a mistake when defending cross, leaving the goal open and they scored the equalizer.They made a superb comeback ,M.Bonne scored on 72minutes, once again, we were shxt when playing against team which was considerd as underdog.McMahon beat keeper at near post on 76minutes to make it square,assisted by Ryan Seager .Ryan Seager scored the game-winning goal on 82minutes who came off the bench .

January Update 2

View attachment 144894
Bristol Rovers was fighting against relegation at the moment. Therefore, i would like to try something new for the team. I tried to play 4-3-3 possession-based football and it went pretty well so i will continue to use it. We passed 556 times , a hundred times more than our opponent and 60% possession.Felix Muller set up goal for Paul Anderson who scored 11th goal of the season to break his 7-game goal drought.

View attachment 144879
I continued to use 4-3-3 as i felt great from last game. It indeed went well although we didnt grab 3 points due to poor finishing quality. Hiram Boateng created lots of chances , he had 11 key pass , unfortunately we could not convert it . That's all . Luckily , MK- Dons which was title challenger, was defeated by Sheff Utd by two-nil.
View attachment 144871
I chose to rotate due to upcoming FA Cup 4th round and it costed us points.Darby almost scored game-winning goal just before the end of the match but he hit the post !

View attachment 144865
We did it! Brigton is likely to promote to Premier League next season but thier FA cup campaign was destroyed by us. . Ryan Seager scored to only goal which was set up by Paul Anderson. Our keeper Messina had good performance including stopping a number of close-range shots. and also the post saved us twice. Kevin Mbabu made debut for Bradford and put up decent performance instantly .

Transfer Window
Decent loans from Newcastle and Manchester United
View attachment 144892
View attachment 144889

February

View attachment 144258
Before we conceded from corner on 22 minutes , we actually did well in both attacking and defending.
James Meredith scored equalizer with his weak foot which shocked me. Kevin Mbabu scored from corner on 60minutes to help us won the game. Southend had 2 clear-cut chances but wasted .

View attachment 144257
Ryan Seager scored 4 goals! He is Chicharito in my team .Great movement ,great finishing! Impressive win for us , Northampton is not strong though. Man Utd hot prospect Josh Harrop also had great performance, delivering 2 assists.

View attachment 144245
The duo from Southampton created the opening on 2 minutes, Jake Hesketh received a through ball from Paul Anderson , he attracted a few defenders and passed to Ryan Seager who did the simplest task in the 6yard box. Coventry almost punished us from corner. In the 23th minutes, Jake Hesketh fired from 18yards which was saved by keeper but Josh Morris was the first one to the rebound .

View attachment 144244
A bad bad game . Although we had better fitness condition due to rotation , the lads did pretty bad. Ryan Seager's finishing was poor this game . On the contrary, Port Vale's keeper did well . Rory McArdle missed interception led to Wes Thomas goal. Jak Alnwick saved a certain goal in the second half. Paul Anderson's screamer on 93minutes was absolutely stunning .

Last edited:
FA Cup 5th Round

View attachment 144239
Absolutely amazing! Messina did very very well to stop Wolves shots. He was surely unbeatable.
Paul Anderson needed 8minutes to create the opening , Wolves's keeper was at wrong position so he couldnt reach the shot. Will Keane scored equalizer later , our defenders were poor as Will Keane still could score after hitting the bar.
Hause 's early bath did change everything. Wolves threaten to score in corner but it was over the bar. Harrop played a lovely ball from corner to Mbabu and the latter scored his 2nd goal of the season while his 1st goal of the season was also from corner. We will play against Chelsea at home in next round. well ....

March and early April

View attachment 143570
View attachment 143569
Youth Intake- only one guy has 4 star potential, i sign him up straight way.
View attachment 143568

View attachment 143567
A bore draw . We hit the post though.

View attachment 143566
Expected result, at least we got a goal.

View attachment 143565
Dont know what happened.
We have played so bad recently
struggled to create chances

Another goalless draw
View attachment 143557

Simon Church
View attachment 143556
Due to poor attacking, i decided to loan Welsh International , hopefully he can provide more options on the front.

View attachment 143555
Simon Church did his job. He had a great performance, his shot was saved but led to Ryan Seager's goal. But Hylton scored a absolutely stunning equalizer on 89minutes , no one pressed him though.
https://gyazo.com/2d1f5eb094af475e61dd8c5403c13847 <you can see the goal here , although he wasnt my player.

View attachment 143554
We were under a lot of pressure but Messina did very well to deal with it. Our MFs did well to create chances while Josh Harrop and Ryan Seager converted. Finally we won after 3 draw in a row.

View attachment 143534
We dominated the game.Although 2 of 3 goals were own goal , there were flowing set up. The first own goal was caused by a powerful cross by Paul Landerson. The second own goal was caused by Paul Anderson 's stunning free kick which hit the crossbar but the rebound hit the keeper's back. The third goal was set up by Church, who just joined us from loan.
View attachment 143533
Pennington seized the error of keeper and sealed it .
View attachment 143532
The title belongs to us! The first goal was created by Southampton duo . Hesketh found the net with a top corner shot. We doubled the advantage instantly with Harrop's cross led to own goal. Ebanks-Blanks almost narrowed our advantage with close-ranger but Messina pushed the ball away. Opponent's defender's poor clearance followed by Ryan Seager's 2nd goal.

View attachment 143529
View attachment 143528
Well , i will turn my focus on transfer market as half of starting XI are from higher tier clubs which certainly a big big problem.
I 've got 3.1m transfer budget, pretty much for a small-sized club.

August Season 2

View attachment 142773
We have a great start. Taking the advantage of home is particularly important in order to avoid relegation. Simon Church is not the most skilled player in the team but he is the most hard-working one. He was quicker than anyone else to the rebound so his effort was rewarded. CB duo did very well to block most of the shots inside the box, not giving opponents any space.

View attachment 142763
We did well with movement and passing but not finishing . The only goal was little bit fluke . Opponent keeper's slippery hand led to own goal . We will play against Bristol City in the next round.

View attachment 142416
It was a even game. Both sides had great chances. Ryan Seager posed lots of threats after replacing Jake Hesketh on 57minutes, however he failed to score. Jorge Teixeira created the opening on 61minutes with a free header but Darby's mistake gave them a equalizer just 2 minutes later. Although Ryan Seager forced Myhill to make great saves several times. A exciting draw.

View attachment 142403
I did not expect we could dominate the game.We scored once again from corner. Nice 3 points .However, Paul Anderson will be out for 2weeks .

View attachment 142127
Remaining result in August.
Everything went pretty well. Our defending is better this year after adding Jorge Teixeira into the team. We are currently at the 1st place but still a long way to go.

View attachment 142104
Massive win vs Sunderland. I thought they were in Premier League so i used a relative conservative tactics.However, after winning the game i realized they were in Championship too.
Pickford (Sunderland's keeper) did badly in the game, he made a few errors which were deadly.
Conor Washington did pretty well in September

Last edited:
October
View attachment 142087
We played very well against Chelsea. I chose to press high because i thought it was not effective to park the bus.Paul Anderson scored the opening goal on 24minutes but just 2minutes later, silly tackle inside the box was penalized.Hazard scored equalizer with penalty.Saido Berahino scored the game-winning goal on 61minutes.

Five-Nil against Burnley was impressive. Never think of my boys could beat England International Heaton 5 times, none of them were his responsibility though. QPR was quite close but we were able to extend the advantage in the late of month.

Last edited:
November and December
View attachment 1062372

Giuseppe Messina scored his first career goal lol. He is my 2nd choice penalty taker. Injuries had been problems for us . Most of them were out for 4-5 weeks. Luckily, fully utilizing rotation could help us to fight through fatigue. Team in German ,French League tried to hire me but i rejected their offer. QPR suddenly dropped down to 4th place. They only won 1 game in recent 5 games. Sunderland and Forest are fighting for direct promotion .

View attachment 1062373
Renew contract :)

A few first-team players' contract were renewed .

View attachment 142064

Transfer Window and January

View attachment 141836

We did great to held to draw vs Spurs but Replay is not the outcome that i had expected. Since I am now only have 19 players available , replay will make us more difficult during congested fixtures.
I found that most of my players were hurt in weight training so i tweaked my training .
We still have 9 points advantage in front of Sunderland.

View attachment 141835
Loan from parent club Southmapton without wage contribution, very decent player in Championship.

View attachment 141833