Bradford City - Road to the Premier League !

September

View attachment 1064550
View attachment 140149
Week 5

View attachment 140151
Bradford City sat very deep and Stoke City found no way to work into box and so they took lots of long shots but Rajkovic was able to save most of them. City defended very well and earned deserved point.

Week 6
View attachment 140150
This proved once again 4-1-4-1 does not work for my team.(at least right now)
It was embarrassing that we had lots of player inside the box but none of them did the right job.
They just stood here and watched. I will try to use tight marking and see will it improve the problem, if not, i just give up 4-1-4-1.

Capital One Cup 3rd Round
View attachment 140148
Most of the first team players were rested.
Morris delivered a lovely pass to Washington who did the easiest task on 14minutes.
Bradford City once again sat deep and Reading found hard to create chances. They did create one chance but wasted.
The goal with combination of Forshaw and Washington secured the win.

Week 7

View attachment 140143
Not a bad result consider we were away .
They extended the advantage from corner which disappointing me !
I will re-design defending corner routine.

Week 8
View attachment 140130
Here's we played against Sunderland, old opponent in championship.
Forshaw started as RM and it had real impact.
He almost scored with cross on 11 minutes but Pickford wasnt that suck.
He crossed for Vokes' s towing header to score his debut goal and passed a through ball to Washington to extent advantage before half time. Bradford City conceded a late goal during injury time but it didn't matter at all.

League Table
View attachment 140129

We have a good rest before next game as there will be an international break.

Last edited:
October

View attachment 1064617

Week 9

View attachment 140113
Tweaked 4-1-4-1 seems better.
Players were not only standing but marking opponents tightly,did not allow them to turn, make them hard to receive . Despite the goal contained some degree of luck as the ball was deflected and caught by Forshaw in far post. Liverpool had only 1 half-chances in the whole game. Bradford City's 9 outfield players were park inside the box, restricted Liverpool space.

Week 10

View attachment 140112
Goal from well-designed set piece.
Did well to cut down the sources to Rondon, the Venezuelan forward. He had no chances to receive ball comfortably in final third.

Capital Cup 4th Round
View attachment 140111
Well , just unlucky, we did everything well . Anyway, i can turn my focus to League now.

Week 11
View attachment 140107
Norwich sat very very deep, they gave up possession . Their plan was almost successful except we converted another goal from corner.

My Toni Kroos
View attachment 140106

League Table
View attachment 140104
20 points to go to reach the magic number 40

Last edited:
Maurice Hirsch aka Bradford's Toni Koos

Special Analysis of Maurice Hirsch

Why is he so important?
He is the only good passer in my team with 13 Passing, 15 Vision.
The German is the starting point of counter attack, playing long ball forward, spraying the pass.
When it comes to half-court offense, his main duty is to switch the play.
View attachment 140094
View attachment 140098
View attachment 140092
View attachment 140089

What is plan in the future?
I want to focus on developing his passing attribute, with only 13, if it can be boosted to 15,16 it would be perfect. But it can be done only if he has enough PA.

Week 12
View attachment 139566
It was a disappointing performance.
When i saw Huth was playing RB, i thought Julian Brandt could use his pace to exploit Huth but ,,no
We failed to protect the box even we had enough players , our marking was very poor.
Deserved loss.

Week 13
View attachment 139562
We controlled the game, but Bournemouth almost beat us with counter attack.
Rajkovic did very well to stop every shots , most of the were from close-range.
Hirsch aka Bradford's Toni Kroos put up a good performance, he was controlling the midfield,set up Josh Morris's goal from long pass. We have accumulated 23 points now so far.

Week 14
View attachment 139561
We are happy to absorb pressure when i have a good keeper like Rajkovic and we were lucky that Southampton hit the post twice. One point is enough when we were visitor.

Week 15 -Week 16
Needless to say. Our abilities are not good enough to deal with these strong team.
View attachment 139522

Week 17

View attachment 139521
All of our forwards are in bad-form. They cannot score goals
Maybe our midfielders especially wingers cannot create goals.
Julian Brandt 's performance has been disappointing so far.
If we cannot solve the problems, we will in big trouble.

Week 18
View attachment 139397
Forshaw set up for Washington on 3 minutes, Trapp was out of position and had no chance to save.
Except for that error, Trapp was superb ,However , Washington beat him again on 14minutes.
Barkley 's was totally fluke.

Week 19-20
View attachment 139395
View attachment 139394
Tweaked 4-1-4-1 is so good, able to absorb pressure, able to draw West Ham's game even i rest all my starting XI.

Week 21
View attachment 139392
Perin played a poor game, 2 slippery hand , 2 goals.

Transfer window is opened, looking to improve midfielders as D.Edwards has declined so fast.

FA Cup 3rd Round and 4th Round
View attachment 139251
View attachment 139250
View attachment 139249

Week 22
View attachment 139248
Surely a easy game for us..Forest have lots of good players but i think they will relegate this year.
Danilo Avelar's goal was a beautiful freekick .

Week 23
View attachment 139247
Bojan's solo goal was too good .He was pressed by defenders but still managed to beat Rajkovic from 20 yards.
Joakim Nilsson's disaster own goal gave Stoke doubled advantage , it was just unlucky ,not his fault.
Washington was set up by Church. We tried so hard to score equalizer but Sommer played very good.

Week 24
View attachment 139246
Nils Quaschner broke goal drought in the game. Danilo Cataldi also made his Premier League debut , he had instant impact to the team, attacking movement in the game was so flowing.

Week 25-26
View attachment 139245
Two loss against strong teams, forget about it.

Week 27
View attachment 139244
Sam Vokes finally broke goal drought. It was good news for the team especially our strikers are getting better and better.The first goal was set up by Quaschner and the second goal was from freekick. Víctor Casadesús had several chances to beat Rajokvic but wasted.

we have accumulated over 40 points , and i think i can declare that we reach our goal this season.

Last edited:
Remaining fixtures and result
View attachment 139210
As we have already reached our goals , so i turn my focus to transfer market, looking to sell, reinforce the squad.
So just showing the remaining result , hope you dont' mind.

View attachment 139209
Curtain comes down on Premier League
First of all, some bad news to Liverpool fans, Since Tim Sherwood took in charge of Liverpool ,the team recorded 7 W 7D 12L ,including the most important game against Chelsea. Liverpool will compete in Championship next season.

View attachment 139208

Bradford City have a great season , finished at 10th place.
The first half of the season accumulated lots of points .
We only conceded 38 goals throughout the season which is 4th best in the league.
And also we are infamous for unable to find the net, only score 34 goals in the league, ranking 16th in the league.
The team kept improving, especially after Danilo Cataldi joining the club
Top goalscorer is Conor Washington who has scored 6 goals in all appearances.
Julian Brandt set up 7 times for teammates in all appearances.
Tony McMahon and James Meredith have played their last game at the club.
Birkir Bjarnason aka The Thor of Iceland will join City under bosman rules and Diego Poyet will join as well , transfer fee is 4.6M.

I will look for central defenders as well as strikers.
Church may leave the club .

View attachment 139207
View attachment 139206
I have used 31 different players...
which is a good indicator that i have given some chances to academy products
View attachment 139204

Last edited: