maxy67

Reaction score
They won the World Cup and they are perhaps the greatest team of all time because of the way they played the beautiful game - elevated to a true artform. This is the encapsulation of everybody's football dreams before or since. This is the side against which all others are measured. Only the modern Barcelona, or the Brazil team of 1958 could be perhaps compared to this team.

[video=youtube;NZkR5Wb2KQs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NZkR5Wb2KQs[/video]

Essentially it was:

----- Clodoaldo ----- Gérson -----

------------ Pelé ------------

Jairzinho ---- Tostão ---- Rivelino

But only Jairzinho was really an out-and-out forward. Tostão was a number 10 for his club - not a center-forward and Rivelino was a withdrawn left-wing here and a number 10 for his club.

Similarly Gerson and Clodoaldo, while both deep-lying midfielders on paper, had very different roles.

While some people would refer to it as a 4-3-3 it was really a very flexible midfield where Pelé, Gérson, Tostão and Rivelino all played on both sides of the ball. Curiously, Clodoaldo, the one who played almost exclusively on the defensive side, scored his only career goal for Brazil at the World Cup, whereas Jairzinho of course scored in every game.

Tostao's job was all about creating space for others, hustling, sacrificing for the team.

Central Defender (DC)-Heading, Marking, Tackling, Composure, Concentration, Decisions, Determination, Positioning, Jumping, and Strength, Teamwork

Full Back (DL/DR) Marking, Tackling, Anticipation, Concentration, Positioning, Team Work, Work Rate, Acceleration and Stamina, Crossing

Central Midfielder (MC)First Touch, Passing, Decisions, Determination, Positioning, Team Work, and Work Rate
Heading, Marking and Tackling for a Defendduty
Long Shots, Marking, Tackling, Creativity and Off the Ball for a Supportduty

Trequartista (The Pele Role)So pele attacked and helped set up goals in the world cup, and assisted the Carlos Alberto goal that could be perhaps the best ever, he had a free role in the world cup, and was left to do what he liked.

Winger -Crossing, Dribbling, Technique, Decisions, Flair, Off the Ball, Acceleration, Agility, Balance and Pace

Inside Forward-Dribbling, Passing, Decisions, Flair, Off the Ball, Team Work, Acceleration, Pace, Crossing, Finishing and Creativity

Deep-Lying Forward (False no.9) -Dribbling, First Touch, Passing, Technique, Creativity, Decisions, Off the Ball, Teamwork and Strength

I left the Opp instructions up to my assistant. And I didn’t pay attention to the size of the pitch.

I tried it with Control and with Attack Philosophy. And the attack was much better shown in the tables below, apart from a loss in my first game when the team hadn't learnt the tactic.

The tactic
View attachment 204249 View attachment 204250The original

Results:

Attack:
View attachment 204233

Control results:

View attachment 204234

Testers results:

Toonflem- View attachment 204713View attachment 204714View attachment 204715

Any questions please ask me...

Make the pitch wide, and I had no Opp instructions

PS: DO NOT EXPECT THIS TO WORK WONDERS WITH LOWER LEAUGE TEAMS- ITS BASED ON BRAZIL 1970

Last edited:
OOh cool. just wrapped up the league with 8 games or so to go so will the kids a run with this... :p

any shouts? pass to space/feet? work the ball into box?

Last edited:
OOh cool. just wrapped up the league with 8 games or so to go so will the kids a run with this... :p

any shouts? pass to space/feet? work the ball into box?

I did none of those things just holidayed :) So any feedback on that would help. Give the team time to get used to the tactic btw.

Yh, will do.

I've give em the usual strech the play shouts at the min, retain, work ball, player wider, etc etc. the kids are easily maintaining 58% + possesion, no CCC in the first game but nice play and a 2-1 win.. looks good.

Yh, will do.

I've give em the usual strech the play shouts at the min, retain, work ball, player wider, etc etc. the kids are easily maintaining 58% + possesion, no CCC in the first game but nice play and a 2-1 win.. looks good.

Thats good to hear! I lost in my first game so it should get much better as I found out. Thanks for the feedback mate.

Well it got my useless slow but very creative reserve playmaker a goal in the pele role.. seems to use alot of energy but might be my players being knackered at is april in my game.

Well it got my useless slow but very creative reserve playmaker a goal in the pele role.. seems to use alot of energy but might be my players being knackered at is april in my game.

Yeah del Piero was banging in the goals for me and he's ancient :)

looks very good, do you use any in-game shouts?

No, but wkdsoul did- if you look a few posts up. Tried it with my Paris FC career and almost beat Lyon (fourth season in and they started off as Semi Pro so losing 3-2 to Lyon is amazing for me)

No, but wkdsoul did- if you look a few posts up. Tried it with my Paris FC career and almost beat Lyon (fourth season in and they started off as Semi Pro so losing 3-2 to Lyon is amazing for me)

hmmm im struggling to get my psg team working/motivated atm

will try with my steaua team.
How good is the tactic for lower league clubs? or just by meeting a superior team ?

will try with my steaua team.
How good is the tactic for lower league clubs? or just by meeting a superior team ?

I'm not totally sure- I've been trying it with my awful Paris FC team and have got some good results after a while, it seems to be the only tactic that i can get any result with them so its good :) But I would imagine its better with bigger teams, as with anything. Give it a few games and it should work well :)

Last edited:
I'm not totally sure- I've been trying it with my awful Paris FC team and have got some good results after a while, but I would imagine its better with bigger teams. Give it a few games and it should work well :)

so far an impressive 3-0..traquerista scored two goals:)
6 CCC and 2 crossbars:)
Going to post again after Everton euro cup match

so far an impressive 3-0..traquerista scored two goals:)
6 CCC and 2 crossbars:)
Going to post again after Everton euro cup match

Excelent! Thats what i like to hear some positive feedback. I've found the pele role scores a lot of goals so I'm glad to hear it!

The pele role for me has produced nothing from pastore, it seems like one of them hot and cold tactics which work for some and not others, sorry pal

The pele role for me has produced nothing from pastore, it seems like one of them hot and cold tactics which work for some and not others, sorry pal

Actually just saw your thread about lack of motivation in your team, perhaps thats the problem.

Last edited:
Excelent! Thats what i like to hear some positive feedback. I've found the pele role scores a lot of goals so I'm glad to hear it!

beated Everton away 0-1 2 CCC and one crossbar.
IMPRESIVE!!! traquerista scored again:)
i got beated up 4-2 with my other tactic.
This is the best i evered try so far.
More feedback after more matches
Cheers m8

btw...
bookmarks 11-1 draw, 11-1 victory, everton(pick`em fav)