focus_mad

Reaction score

BRAZIL U20'S APPOINT DEVINE

In a unusual move by the Brazilian F.A Irishman Allen Devine has been appointed as the new U20's national team manager. Devine, who had a distingushed career as a player with Leeds United and Sporting Lisbon, was never capped by his country at senior level but at under age level up to the U21's. Known for his no nonsense attitude both on and off the pitch, it is suspected he will have the same approach as manager.
When asked at the pres conference about his confidence to perform his new duties he replied, "I am rearing to go at this challenge, while everyone has nerves at the start these will settle and I will get down to the task at hand which is to discover the next Kaka and Ronaldinho".
When asked about current players or potential players to be called up to the squad Devine said, "There are a few players that have caught my eye that will be called up to the squad. when I arrived a number of the lads have become ineligible so that will have to be sorted and my recommendations have been passed to Dunga as to who I believe is up to the grade. Rafeal and Fabio Da Silva (pictured below) have been called up immediately

As well as Neymar who a number of top European clubs have expressed an interest in.

Devine's first game in charge will be against Uruguay who are current u20 World Champions.

first of a kind

good luck with them m8

Thanks Pal, thought it'd be something different and see if i get any job offers!!:D

you become manager of the nation, then offer the U20's job to someone else

exactly!!:D
I'm managing a team with an other manager but will try take holidays to speed it up!!

A guy did this for FM09 and was a really good story. Hope you live up to his high expectations :p

haha Good luck im thinking of doing a story...

you should its something different and then you find top quality youngfellas to buy for any other saves you may have on!

Hopefully will update tonight!

I had a spain under 19s save it is awsome but it got boring when you hardly have any games so I am doing a Gateshead story instead

U20'S LINE UP AGAINST HUNGARY

Allen Devine's first test comes tomorrow in the form of Hungary, while not a world force at any under age level, Brazil will still have to treat the Magyers as a threat. Devine has set about his term by removing all the ineligible players from the squad and drafting in new and untested youngsters.
The Da Silva twins and Neymar are included in the squad. While only a number of the players are based abroad, Devine has gone for home based talent. On a side note Barcelona's Spanish born midfielder Thiago has rejected a call up to the u20's squad even though he came out last month to declare he wished to play for Brazil. The disciplinarian in Devine may just make Thiago regret his decision.

The match kicks off at 7.45pm​

POST MATCH ANALYSIS

Brazil 3 - 0 Hungary

On the night Brazil were a much stronger squad with a fine headed goal from Rafael Tolboi from a corner, Guilano made it two with a fine solo effort while Noberto scored his first youth goal for Brazil minutes after having another goal ruled for offside.

Allen Devine, when asked, was available for comment;

Reporter: Well Allen how did you feel your team fared tonight?
A.D: "I feel that we played quite well, our 4-2-2-2 formation worked exceptionaly and even though Bernardo and Zezinho are not used to the deep midfield roles they were in tonight they excelled. Our only two problems were with Rafael Da Silva who suffered an injury in the first half and we took Neymar off as a precaution after receiving a knock mid way. I will have to talk to Alex [Ferguson] about the extent of the injury."

Devine has made a good start to his tenure and time shall tell. Egypt are the next opponents in a months time.

HAHA ill try cause that was me :D
LOL should be interesting then XD

---------- Post added at 10:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:39 PM ----------

What formation do you play because he have quite a few quality AM's aswell as Neymar

4-2-2-2 is the formation I use pal
I have the two DM positions filled by attacking players

POST MATCH ANALYSIS

Brazil 3 - 0 Egypt

After a dramatic re-shuffle of the squad due to the age restrictions implied with u20's internationals Brazil had a good performance last night. Italy based Coutinho scored a well placed close range shot to edge Brazil in the lead, Ze Eduardo doubled the tally with a long range effort and Santos starlit Neymar scored to complete the rout.

It was also announced that Chile, Colombia, Uruguay and Venezuela would share the South American u20's Championship Group wih Brazil this year.

Last edited: