Cahoon

Reaction score
Hi guys, for years my brothers and I have competed in virtually every aspect of Football Manager and this year we've been involved in a really interesting contest. Basically we've been simulating season and seeing who can invest money the best.

The breakdown is that we each selected European countries that had similar league ranking and national team status and each season we spent 100m Euros in our country divided anyway we like using the In-game Editor.

The goal is to be the first country to accomplish 3 things:
1. Win the Champions League
2. Raise the league coefficient to top 5 status
3. Win a major national trophy (World Cup, European Championship or UEFA Nations League)

We are currently in 2023 but I havent kept any records or screenshots so I'll summarize up until that point and then post as we progress.

I've selected Hungary, and my brothers have selected Slovakia and Slovenia and we've each taken different strategies to this point. To date, we've each spent 900m Euros. Here are our strategies and what we've invested so far, and then I will post the results.

Hungary (Me)
2015: National Team ranked 36th
League ranked 31st
Highest ranking team: Videoton, ranked 217th

I decided to spread my money across 4 teams, since the Hungarian league has 4 European spots (A Champions League and 3 Europa League). I focused on Debrecen, that would be my powerhouse team and then also invest in Videoton, MTK and Ferencvarosi:

Debrecen: 450m invested
Videoton : 175m invested
MTK: 150m invested
Ferencvarosi: 125m invested

I took this strategy because I didn't think I could make any headway in the Champions League until my league was stronger so I wanted to raise the coefficient of the Hungarian League by having success in the Europa League. The plan being that Debrecen would win the league and try to fight in the Champions League while the other three teams would have success in the Europa League. I figure, 4 financially secure teams that invest in their youth and training facilities helps not only the league, but thats also 4 teams producing talent for the national squad as well.

Slovakia (Mike)
2015: National team ranked 14th
League ranked: 30th
Highest ranking team: Slovan Bratislava 192nd
Mike took a much different route with Slovakia, he spent 80m on 1 team the first year (Slovan Bratislava) and 20m on another (Zillina) and then spent his entire budget on Slovan Bratislava every year after that.

Slovan Bratislava: 880m invested
Zillina: 20m invested

His thinking was that he would go hard for the Champions League title, and the league would benefit from that. At the level our leagues were, one good run could raise the coefficient substantially.

Slovenia (Lou)
2015: National team ranked 45th
League ranked: 28th
Highest ranked team: Maribor, 92nd

Lou started out the same as Mike, investing all his cash in Maribor for the first few years, then switched to a 50-50 split with Maribor and Olimpija, his theory is that Spain is a top league despite having only two financially sound teams so he's been following that model.

Maribor: 580m invested
Olimipja: 320m invested

Next post will have all the results up to and including 2023​

June 2023
So, we've completed 9 seasons and we are about to embark on 2023/2024. A quick summary is to say that progress on the National teams has been slow, this was to be expected. All of the club teams that we've invested in have upgraded facilities but none has produced a wonder kid as of yet. The leagues have all moved up in the rankings as well as the individual clubs that have received the cash.

The end result is that in 9 seasons, only one team, Slovan Bratislava has reached the knockout phase of a European competition, that was the Europa League in 2021/22, they lost in the first knockout round.

No National teams have reached the final tournament of either the Euros or the World Cup. Slovakia and Slovenia are in the C League of the UEFA Nations League, while Hungary have just been demoted to the D league, to be alongside the likes of San Marino and Andorra!

As a result of the slow but sure progress, we've decided to step things up and move to 200m per year each, as well as a 50m bonus which will be awarded on a rotating basis for the country with a) the highest national team ranking b) the highest league ranking and c) the highest ranking club team.

For the 2022/23 season the 50m bonus went to Slovenia as their National team ranked highest.

National team rankings July 2023 (Goal is to win World Cup, Euro or Nations League)
View attachment 178621
Slovenia 39th
Slovakia 78th
Hungary 92nd
So far, our money has not affected the National sides one bit, my team, Hungary, have actually slipped considerably and I'm almost out of the top 100. I didn't expect an impact on the National team for at least 10 seasons but I'm quite disappointed about how far I've fallen behind the others here.

Club Country Coefficients July 2023 (Goal is to be top 5)
View attachment 178620
Slovenia 12th
Hungary 14th
Slovakia 19th
The leagues have risen faster than I expected, but I really did think my strategy of spreading the wealth would give me a huge advantage in league strength. I'm still confident because this isn't an accurate indication of league strength, in my opinion. Slovenia has two strong teams, Maribor and Olimpija, that have received all of the cash and their performance alone have propelled Slovenia to 12th in coefficient, but to rise higher you really need more strong teams. Slovenia and Hungary both have 5 european places now, so having only two good teams will start to hurt them, while I have 4 solid teams, so i'm still confident that I will get to top 5 first.

Here is a breakdown of our countries:

HUNGARY
National team ranked 92nd
League ranked: 14th
Highest ranking team: Debrecen, 55th (best)

Hungarian Club team coefficients
View attachment 178619

Debrecen (450m invested, top corporate facilities, excellent youth and training facilities, 3.5 star reputation) have been my best team, winning 4 titles, but have yet to make a dent in the Champions League. I'm actually happy when they lose in the qualification playoff because when they do they get to compete in the Europa League where they have far more success, giving me a boost in coefficient. Ferencvarosi (125m invested, top, adequate, adequate and 2.5 star reputation) have won 3 titles, Videoton (175m invested, adequate corporate facilities, impressive training and good youth, 3 star rep) have won just a single title and and have finished out of European places a few times and have disappointed me. MTK (150m invested, adequate corporate, superb training, great youth) have been a disaster, no titles, consistently mid table and seemingly no investment in players, but I will continue to invest in them as their facilities have received significant investment and I'm hoping they produce some decent players.

Slovakia
National team ranked 78th
League ranked 19th
Highest ranked team: Slovan Bratislava, 66th

Slovenia
National team ranked 39th (best)
League ranked 12th (best)
Highest ranked team: Maribor, 74th

Slovenian and Slovakian club coefficients
View attachment 178618
Despite having 880m invested over 9 seasons, Slovan Bratislava (880m invested, Adequate corporate, impressive training, good youth, 3.5 star rep), have failed to make a mark for Slovakia. In my opinion, a team can only go so high in a league that doesn't have a high reputation. To have only a good youth setup is criminal when you look at the money that has been invested, going into 2023/24 the team actually had a negative balance! Investing in only one team has resulted in the lowest ranked league, a lagging national side and an overall weak league.

In Slovenia, things have been much better. The two team league model has worked here, with Maribor (580m invested, Good corporate, excellent, excellent, 3.5 star rep) and Olimpija (320m invested, average corporate, superb training, superb youth, 3.5 star rep) both investing in the youth setup. They've exchanged league titles and Champions League spots while the other would consistently make the group stage of the Europa League, resulting in a rise to 12th in league coefficient. Now that there are two Champions League spots for Slovenia it will be tougher to rise up and a 3rd team may be necessary.

We've finished the preseason for 2023/24 and have allocated our 200m budgets (250m for Slovenia with the bonus), I'll summarize next post, thanks for reading!!​
http://www.pinterest.com/pin/create..., vB_Editor_001_editor, press ALT 0 for help.http://www.pinterest.com/pin/create..., vB_Editor_001_editor, press ALT 0 for help.

2023/24 Preseason

Slovakia
League reputation, 19th​
No surprises here, all 200m went to Slovan Bratislava. They ended last season 300k in debt! They have a really strong team with a 400k/week wage budget, so the cash is needed! Coming off a second place finish they would have competed in the Europa League, but they have been banned from Europe due to financial fair play. It seems they used too much of the money given to them on transfers and not enough on infrastructure. A full year with no European play for the best team in Slovakia will be a big blow!
2022/23 Table
View attachment 178616

The National side, ranked 78th, is grouped with Russia, Portugal, Albania and Azerbajian in the 2024 European Championship qualifying group and are placed 4th after 4 matches, 2 of which were against Azerbajian
View attachment 178617

Slovenia
League reputation, 12th​
Slovenia continue with the two club model with 100m each going to Maribor and Olimipija and also the 50m bonus going to Maribor.

2022/23 Table
View attachment 178615

The National team, ranked 39th is currenty leading their qualifying group for Euro 2024 and are looking good.
I've spread my 200m evenly among 4 teams, with 50m each going to Debrecen, Videoton, Ferencvarosi and Ujpest. I've decided to drop MTK for a year or two as Ujpest have been impressing me despite receiving no investment from me with consistent 4th place finishes so I threw them 50m to see what they do with it.

2022/23 Table
View attachment 178611
The 2-2 record for Hungary in the Euro2024 Qualifying group looks a lot better than it is when you realize that the wins were against Andorra and Gibraltar. I'm not even worried about the National team just yet, still a long way to go there.

We usually just follow the European games until the last of our sides have been eliminated. Then we holiday to the National team games and then to the end of the season.

Games (in order)

Ch. Qualifying Rd.2

Leg 1- Dundalk FC 0 MSK Zillina (Slovakia) 3
Leg 2- MSK Zillina (Slovakia) 2-1 Dundalk FC
(5-1 aggregate win for MSK Zillina)

Ch. Qualifying Rd.3 -Leg 1

Maribor (Slovenia) 0 Zenit St Petersburg 2
Videoton (Hungary) 1 Club Brugge 1
Maccabi Tel Aviv 1 MSK Zillina (Slovakia) 1
FC Basel 3 Olimpija (Slovenia) 0

Europa Qualifying Rd. 3 Leg 1
FC Spartak Trnava (Slovakia) 1 NK Domzale (Slovenia) 3
Always fun when our teams go head to head, even when it's two teams that we haven't invested in, it still helps the coefficient of our league and hurts the other league if we win. We watch these games if we have the time, always fun.

AS Trencin (Slovakia) 2 Omonia Nicossia 0
NK Zavrc (Slovenia) 0 Augsburg 1

Ch. Qualifying Rd.3 -Leg 2
Club Brugge 2 Videoton (Hungary) 2
Videoton advances on away goals

MSK Zillina (Slovakia) 2 Maccabi Tel Aviv 0
MSK Zillina advances 3-1 on aggregate

Zenit St. Petersburg 3 Maribor (Slovenia) 0
Zenit advances 5-0 on aggregate
This result shows the gap in class between our leagues and the top leagues, Russia isn't as strong as England, Spain, etc but they still have no trouble dispatching one of the best sides in our 3 leagues

Olimpija (Slovenia) 2 FC Basel 1
FC Basel advance 4-2 on aggr.

Europa Qualifying Rd. 3 Leg 2
Omonia Nicossia 0 AS Trencin (Slovakia) 2
AS Trencin
advance 4-0 on aggr.

Augsburg 2 NK Zavrc (Slovenia) 1
Augsburg advance 3-1 on aggr.

NK Domzale (Slovenia) 1 FC Spartak Trnava 2
NK Domzale advance 4-3 on aggr.
This result means more pts for Slovenia while Slovakia loses another team in Europe

This brings me right up to date where we are. We've usually been finishing a season or two per week, depending on when we can all get together. From here on out, I will have more detail as progress will be slower, I've basically had to cover 9 seasons in a few posts, but trust me, we've had a lot of fun doing this which is the reason I decided to share it. If anyone has any suggestions or feedback on what to focus on, please let me know. Thanks!

Draw for next round of European competition

Champions League:
Champions Playoff (winner goes to group stage, loser goes to Europa League)
MSK Zillina (Slovakia) vs. Sparta Prague (Czech)

Best Place Playoff (winner goes to group stage, loser goes to Europa League)
Videoton (Hungary) vs. Valencia (Spain)

Europa League (winners go to group stage, losers are out of Europe)
Olimpija (Slovenia) vs. BATE (Belarus)
Trencin (Slovakia) vs Lokomotiv Moscow (Russia)
Michalovce (Slovakia) vs Maribor (Slovenia) Nice!
AEK (Greece) vs NK Domzale (Slovenia)

Already Qualified for Group Stage
Debrecen (Hungary) Champions League
Nyiregyhaza Spartacus (Hungary) Europa League

http://www.pinterest.com/pin/create..., vB_Editor_001_editor, press ALT 0 for help.http://www.pinterest.com/pin/create..., vB_Editor_001_editor, press ALT 0 for help.

Really interesting idea, looking forward to the next update.

Things have been progressing really quickly. Too quickly for me to post in the style that I wanted to, instead I'll have to post season results. My brothers and I get together every few days and we can power through a season in about 45 minutes. We only watch 1 or 2 games each season, if that. We usually just do our investing in June of each year and then skim through to check the European results, and also the National team results. Once all of our teams are knocked out of Europe, we holiday to the end of the season, then repeat!

Up to 2023 it seems that the best method of investing to raise the league profile is the two team method, favoured by my brother Lou. He put all of his money into Maribor and Olimpija, and the results have been that he has the highest ranking league and National team.

I'm not too worried about how much higher his National team is than mine so far, because none of our regens have really made an impact yet.
2023/24

Coefficients ranking
View attachment 177738

Slovakia
National Team: ranked 68th (3rd)
League rank: 18th
(2nd)
Highest ranked team: Slovan Bratislava 91st (3rd)

View attachment 177755View attachment 177754View attachment 177753

MSK Zilina won the league for the 2nd consecutive time over Slovan Bratislava. However, in my opinion, Slovan Bratislava is the best team in any of our countries and well they
should be, Mike has invested over 1 billion Euros into them in 9 seasons! The National team is ranked 68th and is drawn into the same group as Slovenia in the UEFA Nations League, which should be fun.

Slovenia
National Team ranked 27th (1st)
League rank: 12th (1st)
Highest ranked team: Olimpija 60th (2nd)

View attachment 177752View attachment 177751View attachment 177747
The strategy of investing in only two teams has really paid off, with both Maribor and Olimpija rising through the ranks, both teams had strong Europa League campaigns and were both eliminated in the first knockout rounds, becoming only the 2nd and 3rd teams to make a knockout round since we started this experiment 10 seasons ago. The league is also strong, ranking 12th, ahead of such leagues as Switzerland, Greece, and Scotland. The National team is ranked 27th and have qualified for Euro2024.

HUNGARY
National team ranked 59th (2nd)
League ranked 19th (3rd)
Highest ranked team: Debrecen 53rd (1st)

View attachment 177750View attachment 177749View attachment 177748

I'm actually quite happy with how things have gone and I'm still confident that my strategy of spreading the wealth will result in not only a strong league but a strong national team. I think improving the National Team will be the most difficult part of this challenge so I'm going to stick with my strategy. One of the teams I've been investing heavily in, Ferencvarosi , has taken 175m Euros of my money and got themselves relegated. You'd think investing that much money into a club in the Hungarian league would guarantee safety, but no. Not only were they relegated, but they finished mid table in Division 2! They won't see another dime from me.

My National team is ranked 59th but were relegated to the D league of the UEFA Nations League, alongside the likes of San Marino and Andorra, but i'm confident we'll bounce back. I've got a 20 year old striker who looks like he'll be a class player, Bela Kiraly. He was actually developed by a bulb that I've given no money to, Gyor. I think I'll take the money that I would have given to Ferencvarosi and reward Gyor.

View attachment 177739

JUNE 2024
investments

Slovakia (Mike) - It looks like he's learned from his mistakes and has gone away from his 'all eggs in one basket' strategy. Or maybe he was just afraid of Financial Fair Play, but he did not give any money to Slovan Bratislava this year. Instead he chose to spread it around with 100m going to league Champions, MSK Zilina, and then 50m each going to Europa League bound AS Trencin and Spartak Trvna. On a side note, Slovan Bratislava will return to Europe this year after a two year ban, they will compete in the Europa League.
MSK Zilina (100m), AS Trencin (50m), Spartak Trvna (50m)

Slovenia (Lou) - With Maribor and Olimpija retaining very high bank balances (approx. 100m each), Lou took the opportunity to shore up his league by investing the whole 200m Euros into NK Domzale. His thinking was that the league is stronger now, he needs a third team to get some coefficient points in order to move into the top 10 leagues. He also won the 50m bonus, this year it was given for the highest league ranking. He split that evenly between Maribor and Olimpija
NK Domzale (200m), Maribor (25m), Olimpija (25m)

HUNGARY (Me) -
I took the same tact as Mike here. With Debrecen boasting a strong bank balance I saw no reason to invest heavily in them this year, instead I gave Videoton (who I'm quickly losing patience with) 65m, another 60m went to Ujpest for the second year in a row, 50m went to MTK because they seem to produce the most talent, and then the remaining 25m went to Debrecen. Gyor will have to wait another year. In retrospect I made an error here by investing in a couple teams that were not in Europe and no Nyiregihaza Spartacus, who were in the Europa league for the second year in a row, I think from now on, my money will go only to teams in Europe.

2024/25…baby steps

I had the best European campaign of the three of us, with a 6.300 coefficient, but my league still dropped a spot to 20th. I'll have to wait a few years until my poor results is 22/23 and 23/24 come off the board, but on the whole things are looking up. Debrecen are looking strong as the top ranked team and the Hungarian National team is on the rise also. The 50m investment bonus this season was for highest ranked team, that went to me, with Debrecen at 51st, up two spots from last year.

League coefficients
View attachment 177354

Slovakia (Mike)
National team ranked 60th (2nd)League ranked 17th (2nd)
Highest ranked team : Slovan Bratislava 92nd(3rd)

View attachment 177353View attachment 177352View attachment 177351

Domestically, Slovan Bratislava won the title on the last day of the season from MSK Zilina who slipped up against a poorer team. Mike was actually hoping it would go the other way as he always wants Bratislava in the Europa League, more chance of going further according to him.

And then there was this….
View attachment 177350

MSK Zilina, who finally got some money last season (100m Euros worth) tried to expand their stadium, with no public money, and were blocked by the local planning commission. Mike was not happy at all and has vowed to never give MSK any money ever again. Let's see what he does next season.

Internationally, it was a poor year for Slovakia. They were drawn into the same Nations League group as Slovenia and were absolutely pummelled, losing all 4 matches in the group while Slovenia won them all. So, next time out, Slovakia will be competing in the D league.

Slovenia
National Team ranked 27th (1st)
League ranked: 12th (1st)
Highest ranking team: Olimpija 55th (2nd)

View attachment 177349View attachment 177348View attachment 177347

There was a changing of the guard in Slovenia this season. Olimpija not only ended Maribors incredible 55 game unbeaten run in the league, but also toppled them in Europe to become the highest ranked team in the nation. Maribor went on to lose 4 times in the league, while Olimpija signed the most expensive player of the save so far, 35m for French striker Maxime Pinto.

No change for the league ranking, but the National team had a good year. First they made it to the knockout rounds of the Euros before losing out to Ukraine, then they topped their group in the Nations League, moving up to the B League.

HUNGARY
National Team ranked 67th ​(3rd)…down 8 spots
League rank: 20th ​(3rd) …down 1 spot
Highest ranked team: Debrecen 51st (1st) ...up 2 spots
View attachment 177346View attachment 177345View attachment 177344
It was a good year? I think? Europe started off really well, with 4 Hungarian teams strolling through the qualifiers before they fell off one by one, but Debrecen did manage a first ever Champions League group stage win, 3-0 at home over Galatasaray. Despite dropping a place in the rankings, the league had a strong year with many teams upgrading their facilities, which is something I really like to see. On the downside, another of my money teams was relegated, MTK Budapest. I'm not too worried about this relegation though and I'll still be investing in them this year, they have a really good academy and I'm counting on them for good regens.

Hungarian teams are rising in standing!
View attachment 177342

The National side managed to unimpressively top their UEFA Nations League D group, despite losing a match to Estonia. It's starting to dawn on me that this may take quite a while to get through this save if the progress is this slow. Then again it's only been 1 season since we doubled our investments to 200m, and I did win the bonus this year, which was for highest ranked team, so that will help too.

June 2025 investments

Slovakia (Mike) - After the local board blocked a proposed stadium expansion for MSK Zilina, Mike vowed never to invest in that club again. Instead he upped his investments in AS Trencin and Spartak Trvna to 65m each, and gave 70m to Slovan Bratislava, now that the financial situation there is a little less cloudy.
AS Trencin 65m, Spartak Trvna 65m, Slovan Bratislava 70m​

Slovenia (Lou) -
Trying to add a third team to his two powerhouses, Lou gave another 100m to NK Domzale. His strategy has really looked the best so far and it;s really making me doubt my decisions. I'll keep my eye on how things go here and if I need to, I'll switch things up in my league. The other 100m was split between the two top clubs.
NK Domale 100m, Maribor 50m, Olimpija 50m

HUNGARY (me) -
Going a different route here, I invested in, not one, not two, but THREE teams that are currently in my second division. I split the 50m bonus between second division sides MTK and Farencvarosi. I know, I said that I'd never give Ferencvarosi another dime after their relegation, but they did spend a lot on their facilities this past season so a reward was in order for them. I spilt the 200m evenly amongst 4 teams, another second division side in Budapest Honved, Debrecen, Videoton, and Ujpest. In Honved, I'm thinking that maybe a team in the lower league won't be able to attract expensive players so it'll be difficult to spend all that money so maybe, just maybe, they will invest in infrastructure? Time will tell.
​Debrecen 50m, Videoton 50m, Ujpest 50m, Budapest Honved 50m, MTK 25m, Ferencvarosi 25m

I������������������������

Last edited by a moderator:
this is an interesting idea will definitely follow! Have started something like this as well but with Bulgaria/Romania/Belarus/Israel

No investment in Gyor this time?

No investment in GYOR, no. The reason for that is twofold.

1) I was confused and didm;t know that there were two teams, GYOR and Gyirmot FC Gyor. I mistakenly gave 50m to the wrong one, but as it turns out it doesn't matter because

2) I looked at their facilities and they are both terrible. Gyirmot Gyor produced an excellent regen out of pure luck it turns out. So, I took out the old pen and paper and went through all the teams, bank balances and facilities and will be smarter about where my money goes, I'm starting to fall behind in this and I'm worried.

Inspired, I tried sonething like this with Israel and Belarus. Currently in 2027. No continental threats at all, but Israel actually made it to the 2026 WC final without scoring more than one goal and progressing three times on penalties. That put them at 8th in the rankings though!

Wow, that's a lot sooner than anything in this save. Originally, we thought this wouldn't go any longer than 2030, but it might be a bit longer than that!

2025/26

More progress being made, teams are routinely making the group stages of both European competitions. That's a long way from where we started back in 2015 when it would have been unheard of for Slovakian, Slovenian and Hungarian teams to all be in the Champions League group stage, but here we are!

Slovakia (Mike)
National Team ranked 84th (3rd)…down 24 spots
League ranking: 17th ​(3rd) …no change
Highest ranked team: MSK Zilina 72nd (3rd) up 20 spots

View attachment 176843View attachment 176841

There's no question who's running last in this competition. Mike's strategy of loading up on one team (Slovan Bratislava) worked for the first few seasons, but that has crashed and burned big time. Slovan Bratislava is such a mess that he may as well start fresh with new teams. One thing that none of us counted on as Financial Fair Play. Slovan has not played in Europe in 4 years due to financial mismanagement and because of that, they can't attract big players that other teams are getting. Mike hasn't put any money into the team either because he sees it as a waste as long as the team can't play in Europe. And while no money is going in, the team still has a massive wage budget so they are leaking money. In the meantime, the team that he vowed never to give money to, MSK Zilina has taken over as the dominant ten in the league, winning the last two championships.

View attachment 176840View attachment 176839View attachment 176838

Slovenia (Lou)
National Team rank: 28th (1st) down 1
League rank: 16th (2nd) down 4
Highest ranked team: Olimpija 51st (1st) up 4

View attachment 176837View attachment 176836

There's no question who's winning here, either. It's almost like Lou's done this before. He started with two teams evenly splitting the money, then slowly added a third, and now he's dominating. He's even got three of his regens into the National side, one from each of his three teams. Olimpija is the dominant team of the 3 leagues despite Maribor, Debrecen and Slovan Bratislava receiving much more money. On top of that, the National team has been promoted to the A League of the UEFA Nations League so they are potentially a few games away from knocking off that portion of the challenge. It's not likely, but it's now possible.

View attachment 176835View attachment 176834View attachment 176833

HUNGARY (ME)

National Team ranked: 55th (2nd) up 12
League ranked: 15th (1st) up 5
Highest ranked team: Debrecen 56th(2nd) down 5

View attachment 176832View attachment 176831

Finally achieved the highest ranked League, hopefully I can improve on that even more. I've had some teams really surprise in Europe, specifically Ujpest, but also Nyiregyhaza Spartacus FC (say that 5 times fast). But by far, the highlight of the past season for me has been the breakthrough of regens into the National side from all the different teams, but mostly Ferencvarosi. They've really turned out some good players, as well as Debrecen, obviously. MTK is another club that has produced a lot of talent, so I'll reward those clubs in the future.

A few posts ago, I vowed never to give Ferencvarosi any more money, but obviously that has changed. I don't know too much about how chairmen work in FM but it seems that every offseason Ferencvarosi have spent money on improving facilities while other teams that receive large sums still have poor academies.
I've taken an in depth look at the facilities in Hungary (Yes, after 10 seasons I finally did that) and determined that Debrecen and MTK have the best, then Videoton, Ujpest and, surprisingly, Ferencvarosi.

Nationally, Hungary have been promoted again and are now in the B League of the UEFA Nations League. Being 2026, there was a World Cup, it was played in Canada. Argentina won and none of our countries qualified.

2026 Investments

There was a lot of debate about Financial Fair Play and whether or not we should have it. I vetoed any attempts to get rid of it because I like the challenge of it. All the rules we put in place to avoid us just pumping money into clubs and sitting back. Mike wanted to put 600 million Euros in the bank balance of a random club and then 'buy' players from the clubs we want to invest in, thereby injecting the cash as profits, circumventing FFP rules. I thought this was genius, but still didn't like it. One rule change we did approve for next season, just to try and speed things up, was to provide one Sugar Daddy owner to a second division side of our choice, this will go into affect for 2026/27

Slovakia (Mike) - Still, stubbornly, not giving any cash to MSK Zilina, Mike went 100m to Trencin and 100m to Spartak Trvna. No cash for Slovan Bratislava either. "Why should I give money to MSK when they won't expand the stadium?" Is his logic. He hasn't given up on Slovan Bratislava, but none of us really know how to check FFP status so he's avoiding them until they play in Europe again. And, Deja Vu all over again, AS Trencin were 68 million Euros in debt(!) before receiving the 100m, so they only have 32m in their balance. What are these Slovakian teams doing with their money?
AS Trencin 100m, Spartak Trvna 100m

Slovenia (Lou) -
He's also worried about running afoul of FFP so he scaled back his investment on Olimpija, giving them only 50m. Maribor and Domzale each received 75m.
Maribor 75m, Domzale 75m, Olimpija 50m

Hungary (me) - I decided to take a year off from giving Debrecen cash. They have a hefty bank balance so I didn't want to go overboard after what I saw with Slovan Bratislava. Instead I gave 80m to Ujpest, they had to longest run in Europe so hopefully they can build on that. I also gave 40m each to Videoton, MTK and Ferencvarosi. So, the 4 best academies in Hungary (Not including Debrecen) got lots of cash, hopefully they will use it to pay top coaches.

I also received the 50m bonus for the
highest league and I used it to strengthen my entire league, I gave 5m to each of the top 10 teams, I won't list them all, because it would take a lot of letters, but I didn't want any teams in financial problems
Ujpest 80m, Videoton 40m, MTK 40m, Ferencvarosi 40m, top ten teams in top Division 5m each

Almost forgot, the Sugar Daddy clubs we chose.

I chose Budapest Honved for Hungary
Mike chose Partizan Bardejov For Slovakia
Lou chose NK Ankaranfor Slovenia

2036 - Hungary Eyes

Over the weekend, we did 10 seasons. What happened was, Financial Fair Play pretty much caught up to us all. Oue method of just adding funds to the team via the In-Game editor was, apparently, not the way to go. As all of our big teams were banned from Europe, our top players fled the coop and we were unable to attract big name players coming back in, so our leagues basically dropped down into the 20's, almost where we started.

So, we were forced to make another change. Instead of editing the money into our teams, we added the French League and add the money to random French teams, and then we bought 16 year olds from our leagues for hundreds of million dollars. This way the money came in as profit for the club and we were not punished by FFP rules. This, as it turned out, was huge for us. Not only were we free from FFP, but the teams actually spent more of the money on transfers and we started to see big superstar players coming to Hungary, Slovenia and Slovakia.

So, here we are, in June of 2036 and I'll pick up the story here.

The Hungarian league is 7th in coefficient, I need only to pass Portugal and France to make the top 5. Slovakia and Slovenia are also close to the top 10, they sit 12th and 16th

On the club side front, Debrecen have just made it to the knockout rounds of the Champions League, 3 other Hungarian teams have made it to the knockout rounds of the Europa league and Hungary was actually the 4th best nation in Europe for 2035/36.

Hungary and Slovenia have qualified for the 2036 European Championships.

Slovenia is back in the B division of the Nations League, while Hungary and Slovakia are still in C

This season I'll focus on the European Championships, the league coefficients for Hungary, Portugal and France (I'll track all teams from those nations to see how close Hungary is to the top 5) and I'll summarize the rest. We're really speeding through the seasons because we're starting to realize that we've bit off a bit more than we can chew here. We're all good at managing teams to the top, but with no control over anything except where the money goes, it's a lot tougher!

EURO 2036 - PORTUGAL

GROUP C - Croatia, France, Ukraine and Hungary

View attachment 175929

Well, we scored a goal?

GROUP F - Spain, Slovenia, Turkey and Poland

View attachment 175927

Slovenia made it to the knockout rounds! Another first for this save. Just 4 wins away from the hardest of our 3 targets….

View attachment 175926

…aaaaand they're out. An 86th minute goal from Italy ends that dream.

On to the club teams!​