brian laws SACKED! by Burnley.

Eddie Money

Reaction score
Burnley manager Brian Laws has been sacked by the Championship club.

Brian Laws has stepped down as Burnley manager after being asked to do so by chairman Barry Kilby.

A large number of supporters called for Laws to be sacked after Tuesday's 2-0 defeat at home to Scunthorpe left the Clarets two points beneath the Championship play-off zone.

Burnley had hoped to mount a much stronger push for promotion after being relegated from the Premier League at the end of last season but have been inconsistent throughout the first few months of the campaign.

The Burnley board admitted that talks were planned over the future of Laws and he has now left his post after less than a year at the helm.

Kilby will now start the search for a successor as the Clarets look to get their season back on track against Sheffield United
spacer.gif
on New Years Day

"I have telephoned Brian today and have asked him to step down as manager of Burnley Football Club," Kilby told the club's official website.

"Everyone is naturally disappointed and frustrated that recent results have not gone as we would have hoped.

"The board of directors has therefore decided that we need a fresh approach in order to achieve our goal of returning to the Premier League."

Laws took charge at Turf Moor in January following Owen Coyle's
spacer.gif
switch to local rivals Bolton.

They were still in a competitive position at that stage but struggled during the second half of the Premier League season and could not avoid the drop.

Last edited by a moderator:
well they arnt doing bad or anything?

dont worry mfage i linked it straight away when i realised i forgot :)

was a pretty poor and strange appointment in the first place.

still suprised me, they are just outside the playoffs and not doing bad or anything, even if hes not the best manager

It's a very tight Championship this year where a couple of good or a couple of bad results can shift your position massively. I guess the Burnely board thought that they should be nearer the top, especially since they're a recently relegated club.

I was surprised with the appointment of Laws as he had been sacked by Sheff Wed. earlier in the season. It was quite a burden given to him and he failed epicly. Phil Brown could do a good job there though. They desperately need to improve their away form.

sorry that was what the yellow bar on bbc sport said at first, please change the title of the thread if poss?
Yes it does say he stepped down, but when he has been told to step down by his boss then surely he's been sacked. Thats what i call it anyway.

I was surprised with the appointment of Laws as he had been sacked by Sheff Wed. earlier in the season. It was quite a burden given to him and he failed epicly. Phil Brown could do a good job there though. They desperately need to improve their away form.

home form as well i think we beat them 3-2 after being 2-0 down and then losing at home to scunthorpe really isnt good for a team like burnley who have come down from the riches of the premier league debt free and with more or less the same squad.... they should be doing better.

Don't know how Burnley is doing. So I hope they find a better manager like Ian Holloway :)

Not surprising tbh, they have one of the best squads in the league yet they aren't in the play offs. Strange appointment in the first place.

Sacked not stepped down. He should never of been given the job in the first place. Cheap option.

JP Woody prediction: Phil Brown next boss.

Brown is apparently a strong favourite for the Rovers job ? I haven't checked the odds for a while though :$

SSN were saying all the talk is about Phil Brown, would be a class appointment after the job he did with Hull.

ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

can we have lee grant back please ?? he can sit on our bench