Bring Glory to the World's First Football Club, Sheffield FC

jhchia5

Reaction score
View attachment 363192

After a bunch of research for a team that is interesting to do a story on, I came across Sheffield FC, the world's first football club. I know it'll be difficult but I love this kind of challenge and so here I go.

Sheffield FC is currently playing the Northern Premier League D1S. Seeing that them being the first football club in the world, they never had the luck to achieve much glory.

Honours:

Transfer:

View attachment 363187

There wasn't much signing due not wanting to go over the wage budget, however, I did went over the budget by about £151/w.

Current Squad:
View attachment 363183
View attachment 363181

As you can see my GK, Jamie scored one goal. It was a pretty freak goal actually, it was similar to how Begovic scored against Boruc. (H)

I'm pretty happy with the squad actually while not caring much about the ratings. For me, it's all about the stats instead of the ratings.

Formations being used:
View attachment 363179
View attachment 363178

Since I've already played the first few matches, here's the fixtures and table:

View attachment 363175

The preseason friendlies did went well for us actually cause there were matches that we were supposed to win but did not. But i'm happy that those preseason result didn't really have much of an effect on the games.

View attachment 363174

So far, 9th position for us after 5 games but I'm hoping to try and push for playoffs if possible depending on injuries and bans.

I will be posting every half of the season and I hope you guys will have a good read.8-|

Northern League Cup 2nd Round: Prescot Cables v Sheffield FC

View attachment 362839View attachment 362837

Andy Gascoigne started off the game with a long range shot which drove past Prescot's goalkeeper at 40th minute. However, 5 minutes after halftime, our captain, Wooley scored a blood own goal which was pretty embarrassing. At this moment I thought we were going to throw the game away.

At about 8 minutes after the restart, Littlejohn scored his first goal for the club at close range! It was pretty boring after that which shots taken missing the target or saved by the opposition's keeper. Until like 81st minute, Littlejohn scored an absolute screamer from the edge of the box towards the top corner of the net!

I decided to not take any chances so I changed the team mentality to defending but, another counter from our team allowed Dave Burtoft scored a poacher's goal after coming off the bench for Spittle due to a slight knock. Just at the end of match, Littlejohn scored another goal to get his first ever hat trick at his full debut!

Jonny Spittle

View attachment 362830

I've decided to sign this young and versatile prospect since the team doesn't have enough depth in the team. It's not just depth but some of my central defenders aren't... quick. The minimum acceleration of central defender in the team is just 2. A crazy 2 for acceleration.

The team doesn't even have enough midfielders too, hence why I had to sign him in. Since he can play in the defensive midfielder and midfielder position, it's good cause I can now play McCready on the right midfielder instead of a defensive midfielder which is quite a waste of his abilities.

He got great physical abilities, being able to run fast and even leap higher, despite being 1.76m tall. Great determination and I got him for free. And the club doesn't have to pay high wage for him at all! I would say this is a great catch for the club!

Northern Premier League D1S: Newcastle Town v Sheffield FC

View attachment 362828View attachment 362827

So I really have not much to say about this game, but another great goal from Andy in the first half to get us a win. Maybe it's lucky, maybe it's not. But since it's a win, we'll take it!

The bad news is....
View attachment 362826

Andy will be out for 6-7 weeks... This will be a sucker punch to our face now! All I hope is that the team will still do well even without our star player on the pitch.

I like this idea, starting from the bottom and recapturing the history of a club, hope you can stick to it and find success

Northern League Cup 3rd Round: Sheffield v Kendal

View attachment 362727

I had to replay this game due to the crash dump going into the next game, but nothing's changed, the same result as before.

This time, the goal came from a free kick. I have to say, it's a great free kick though. Littlejohn and Cooksley got injured during the first half unfortunately. This caused a lack of firepower up front but we just have to suck it up.

View attachment 362726
Cooksley got injured in the last game due to broken jaw, so he'll be out around 4-5 weeks. Luckily, we've signed Jonny Spittle for covering the back so it's all good!

View attachment 629500

I had to replay this game due to the crash dump going into the next game, but nothing's changed, the same result as before.

This time, the goal came from a free kick. I have to say, it's a great free kick though. Littlejohn and Cooksley got injured during the first half unfortunately. This caused a lack of firepower up front but we just have to suck it up.

View attachment 629501
Cooksley got injured in the last game due to broken jaw, so he'll be out around 4-5 weeks. Luckily, we've signed Jonny Spittle for covering the back so it's all good!

Going to follow, looks such a good idea!

FA Cup 2nd Qual. Round: Tonbridge v Sheffield

View attachment 362662

2nd loss in a row, not quite sure if I'm happy with the result against a Skrill South side or not. But Roney did well in the match scoring a free kick and also, a really weird goal.

The first half was horrible, we conceded four goals. I shouldn't have played Burgin right from the start, since he just came back from a 3 match ban. But at least, we played better in the 2nd half. At least losing by 2 goals is way better than losing by 4. We now just need to put our focus on the league since we're out of the league cup and FA cup.

Northern Premier League D1S: Sheffield FC v Mickleover Sport

View attachment 362642

Finally back to winning ways! Littlejohn scored two goals in this game to bring his goal tally to 5 goals in 4 games. Euclid George made his debut in this game.

The first goal was made by Fereday. His pass went past the defender's side in which Littlejohn broke the offside trap and swerved the ball over the keeper. The second goal was made by Burtoft which he lay the ball from the edge of the box towards Littlejohn for him to blast it into the net which gave the defender no time to react against it.

Euclid George

View attachment 362641

I decided to sign this young RB for the first team and the current RB will be starting on the bench from now on. What made me wanted to sign him is because he's a speedy full back with decent determination and work rate. Although crossing can be quite a bit of a problem, but I think he'll be good for the club.

Northern Premier League D1S: Sheffield v Loughborough D

View attachment 362637

Another home win for us. However, i can see complacency is still lingering around the team. Despite winning, we need to reduce the fouls committed.

Loughboro's CB Pheasant tripped Hadfield in the box during a corner which led to Steve Wooley scoring that penalty to give us the lead in the 2nd half. However, a free kick from Burgin once again gave them the chance to score in which they took and scored. Liam Bryan came off the bench and scored a decisive header which gave us the win.

Northern Premier League D1S: Goole v Sheffield FC

View attachment 362635

3 league match unbeaten run came to a halt after losing to Goole by 2-0.

Embarrassing lost actually, even the medias were shocked at the result due to prior speculation of easy win for us. We had possession but no finishing, again. We didn't even have much time for a shot and only 1 shot on target. Comparing to Goole's effort, they deserved to win this game. I gotta say again, EMBARRASSING LOST.

Again, another set piece given the opposition a goal. That's how dumb the defenders are, they kept giving set pieces away. Their second goal came from the unmarked Liversidge which cleaning placed the ball on the corners.

As long Wooley doesn't play well, everyone just gave up without trying anything. So, does he deserved to be the leader here? I don't think so. I know there might be quite a lot of outbursts from the other players but I will take the chance to see how it goes.

Northern Premier League D1S: Sheffield FC v Bedworth

View attachment 362634

Back to winning way after the last disappointing game! A 1-0 was enough to down Bedworth. A lucky goal though.

Wooley scored an absolute screamer to give us the win. I'm thinking I should take back what I said about Wooley. However, I will still put my eyes on him. I really don't like an off-on game type of player. Even though players are going to have bad games, they should be able to bounce back soon. That's why I'll be checking him out constantly regardless of him being captain or not.

Next Match Odds:

Sheffield FC 5-4
Draw 11-5
Sutton Coldfield 7-4

Northern Premier League D1S: Sheffield FC v Sutton Coldfield

View attachment 362631

Another win for us at home! Feeling good about this game, and it happened. It's good to see us not committing too much fouls and also, we had more possession while shooting more. The more they shoot, that means they're putting more effort to get the win.

Waddle placed the ball into the net after McCready through balled to him outside the box to the left side of it. The same thing happened to Littlejohn as well but this time pass made by Burtoft. I'm glad Littlejohn is back to scoring form again!

Next Match:

Sheffield FC 4-7
Draw 5-2
Chasetown 4-1

Northern Premier League D1S: Sheffield FC v Chasetown

View attachment 362623

A big win for us again at home! The match between the two teams didn't have many difference, the only difference was our finishing. Even though we only had 3 shots on target, i think we should have scored more though.

As usual, we started the same routine of placing the ball into the net. Then Littlejohn put the ball in via his head in the center which gave the keeper no chance at all, putting his tally to 7th goal of the season. Wooley scored from the spot after a mistake by Chasetown's CB.

Next Match Odds:

View attachment 362622

FA Trophy 3rd Round Qualifying Match draws:

View attachment 362621

We drew Leamington. They are from the Skrill North. This will be a difficult since we once lost to a Skrill South side already. Despite them being a bigger club than us, we will be trying to cause an upset!

Last edited:
Northern Premier League D1S: Scarborough v Sheffield FC

View attachment 362620

Unfortunately, our winning run came to an end as we couldn't be Scarborough. We didn't take much of a chance of shooting as you can see. We only had 4 shots... 4! We were lucky to get out with a draw, they could have beaten us easily.

Reece started the scoring when Scar's LB made a mistake of clearing the ball to Gascoigne. Oh yeah, you just read that, Andy Gascoigne is back from injury, I decided not to play him last game due to fitness. In this game he made an impact, he got that mis-cleared ball and made a sharp pass to Littlejohn for his goal which gave the defenders no time to block Littlejohn.

However, less than 11 minutes to full time, they got one back. This time, Burtoft made that mistake of passing the ball to their midfielder, which did the same thing to us. So I guess... what comes around, goes around right?

Next Match Info:

View attachment 362619

So we're playing against Gresley... I guess we're gonna play defensively for this game, or maybe we can go counter them... But so far, I haven't seen much of a success at all for us playing away. We rarely win at away games, we usually lose. Unless lady luck smile upon us, we could at least get a draw.

League Tables After The Month of October 2013

Northern Premier D1S:

View attachment 362618

We're currently topping the table. We had quite a lot of home games, that's why we aren't conceding quite a lot of goals, but I do hope the month of November would be good to us! I need to investigate why we aren't playing well at away though!

Premier League:

View attachment 362617

La Liga:

View attachment 362616

Bundesliga:

View attachment 362615

Serie A:

View attachment 362614

Liga Zon Sagres(Portugal):

View attachment 362613

Eridivisie(Holland):

View attachment 362612

Northern Premier League D1S: Gresley v Sheffield FC

View attachment 362264

Finally, our unbeaten run came to an end after beaten by Gresley. Our first half was horrible, we didn't have a shot taken at all and conceded two goals. The second half was alright, just that we made too much fouls and we paid the price for it even though they didn't score at all in the second half.

Both goals scored by Gresley was simple placing into the net. But we didn't do well at all until after half time. After subbing Zeph Thomas out for Littlejohn, he made an instant impact by scoring a consolation goal. It's better than not scoring any goal though.

Next Match:
View attachment 362258

Another away game for us, even though we have the higher chance of winning, we have to stay focus since we have lost 3 matches out of 5 away games so far.

Northern Premier League D1S: Coalville v Sheffield FC

View attachment 362257

Second loss in a row for us. I really don't think we could do well when we're on the road. Another game where we didn't take a lot of shots. I guess it's time for a tactic change.

The first goal scored was a mistake from Wooley, he could have head the ball away but instead letting it go over him to Hutchinson which he scored easily by placing the ball at the far post. The second goal scored was caused by Burgin as he failed to clear the ball away.

Next Match:
View attachment 362256

Yet another away game and this time, Brigg is the clear favourite to win this game. Let's see what can my tactic change can do for this game.

Northern Premier League D1S: Brigg Town vs Sheffield FC

View attachment 362255

Goal galore! Amazing tactic change did a bit of the magic, and I hope our 3-4-3 tactic will do us great in the other away games. Equal shots, Equal Possession but different foul count where we only committed 4 fouls as compared to their 12 fouls.

We conceded 2 goals in the first 7 minutes which I thought it's over. However, Liam and Zeph scored finally and made the scoreline 2-2. I am happy that Liam finally broke his goal drought and also for Zeph, who finally scored his first goal for the club and season. Took him long enough though cause I was planning to release him on free after the month of November.

By 84th minute, I thought their player came off the bench to scored the winning goal, which they thought it was the winning goal. At the final time, Tom scored from 6 yards, after the opponent's GK couldn't keep it far away.

FA Trophy Cup 3rd Qual. Rnd: Sheffield v Leamington & Replay

View attachment 362254

Amazing match! We have similar possession even though, as you can see, we were more likely to lose after all, they were a better side than us especially with the amount of shot taken.

They started the scoring after Lee Moore broke the offside trap and scored a poacher's goal. It was until Liam Daly got sent off due to bringing down Littlejohn at a goal scoring opportunity. So I decided to push most of my player to the front which led to Ben Algar scoring a wonderful placing which allowed us to play a replay at home!

View attachment 362253

Amazing win at home against a bigger side! Even though the match was quite boring especially the first half where I didn't even see any highlights at all. We committed way more fouls than them due to our passion to win the game.

The goal came from Littlejohn after Algar lobbed the ball over the central defender which allowed Littlejohn sped up and dribbled the ball past the goalkeeper and scored a simple placing to keep us in the FA Trophy Cup!

FA Trophy Cup First Round Draw:

View attachment 362252

We drew Cambridge City in the first round! Cambridge City is from the Southern Premier Division which is just a level above us! Can we do any more upset?!

Northern Premier League D1S: Sheffield v Romulus

View attachment 362251

Unexpected loss. Disappointing. Not really sure what happened, but as you an see, we held the ball for too long in the middle instead of trying to attack them. Once again, if we don't score, we can't win.

Again, we conceded goal early which caused us to lose the match. I can see a bit of controversial penalty given to them. But oh well, what can we do? Even if the replay shows the truth, it's useless. Then the same player again placed the ball for his 2nd goal. We managed to get a goal back which was too late and there was only one minute additional time.