Bring the crystal to Crystal- A crystal Palace story

mellosa96

Reaction score
I wanted to go with Crystal Palace as i wanted something small for the time being as FM14 is just around the corner.
my aim is to win the PL Title and the CL and trying to have as many Great Britain players as possible.
I just returned from a 9 hour drive so i don't know if i will upload the first update today or sometime tomorrow.

And please comment from time to time so i see that at least some people are reading this :D

July 2012

View attachment 373643
We played a couple of friendlies and made some signings.
(will take screenshot when the league begins.)

Friendlies

Crystal Palace-Crystal Palace reserves

4-0

Damien Delaney x2,
Stephen Dobbie x2

A game against the reserves and our CB Damien Delaney got two goals but we should have scored a couple more.

Crystal Palace-Oldham

2-1

Reise Allassani, Hiram Boateng

What i will probably have as a back up squad got the job done here. Glad to see two 16 year old score a goal each.

Crystal Palace-Doncaster

3-2

André Monitz, Jon Williams, Aaron Wilbraham

Good win we used the best eleven but we don´t have a good keeper so i will look into that.

Crystal Palace-Peterborough

1-1

Yannick Bolasie

Horrible game a new goalkeeper is top priority.

Crystal Palace-Sporting (POR)

2-2

Federico Macheda, Kagisho Dikgacoi

Despite drawing this game i am actually pleased drawing with a team like Sporting is good but we can do better and our signing which i will tell more about soon. scored his first goal after just 18 minutes in the club.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Signings

First player in to the club was
Federico Macheda who joins on a season long loan to help stabilize our squad.
View attachment 373648

Second signing is a decent Center back that has some age to it but he has some Premier League experience and his name is Titus Bramble who joined on a free.
View attachment 373649

Third signing and the biggest taking half of our transfer budget but he will hopefully be worth it. and that person is James Husband! He is an 18 year old who joined from Doncaster for £5 million.
View attachment 373650

Fourth signing is a small signing to get some half decent players on the bench.
he is
Richard Chaplow and is our fourth man in the midfield
View attachment 373651

And i have made a signing to solve the Goalkeeper problem. at least i hope so as im not sure what he can do because he dosent get much playing time but it is Ben Amos and he is only 22 so he can become alot better at least i hope so.
View attachment 373652

Monthly Review

i think its overall a good month made a couple of signings and played some games and we are yet to loose with two friendlies and two league games next month so im looking forward to it.

Player Of The Month
Jon Williams
View attachment 373653
Jon Williams gets the POTM as he played all four games and was top in every one of them. i hope he will keep it up when the league starts.

Last edited:
August 2012

View attachment 373666

More signings but weak start in the league.

Friendlies

Crystal Palace-Bromley

3-0

Jon Williams,
Yannick Bolasie, Aaron Wilbraham

we were better and the result shows just that.

Crystal Palace-Malaga

2-2

Federico Macheda, Jonathan Parr

I see this as a good result because they are a team that where in the ending stages of CL last season and they had roughly the same squad on the field so that's a good result.

Premier League

Crystal Palace-Liverpool

0-2
View attachment 373667
it was on Andield so i am dissapointed but at the same time glad we didn't concede more.

Crystal Palace-Aston Villa

1-2

Federico Macheda
View attachment 373668
We had the game but then under 6 minutes my defense fell apart and we lost.

Capital One Cup

Round two draw
View attachment 373669
We got a good draw and we should go on to the third round without problems.

Crystal Palace-Walsall

3-1

Federico Macheda x2, Steve De Ridder
View attachment 373670
I thought this was going to be an easy game despite playing my reserves to rest the star players but oh so wrong i was and i didn't even score until i subbed Macheda on to the pitch but it was horrible and it went to extra time were the men outshined Walsall

Signings

I signed young center back Sam Hutchinson from Chelsea and he is going to be part of the team that gets playing time in the cups.
View attachment 373671

Then i went on and Loaned Steve De Ridder who isn't interesting to Southampton. fun fact as you now can see the only scorers for me so far is on a loan spell at us so we will hope for or own players to start producing.
View attachment 373673

After De Ridder joined us on loan i looked to strengthen our Midfield a tiny bit more and i found Sean Murray who plays for Watford and i didn't have the money to sign him but the board listened to med and signed him for a new record breaking deal here at Crystal a whopping £6.75 million!
View attachment 373675

And how it looks right now this is thew last signing if i don't sell anyone and the new signing is Keith Fahey who joins on a free
View attachment 373676

League Table & Monthly Review
View attachment 373679
so not the best start but only letting two goals in against Liverpool away is a good thing for a newly promoted team. I am pleased with the teams performance in 1 /3 games so something will need to change quickly if some players wanna keep their playing time.

Player Of The Month
Federico Macheda
View attachment 373682

Federico Macheda scored 3 goals in 3 games and was named MOTM against Walsall so he is the one who deserves this month POTM​

Last edited:
September 2012

View attachment 373747
an medium month could have gone better could have been worse.

Premier League

Crystal Palace-Manchester United

1-3

Sean Murray
View attachment 373748
Great performance by Ben Amos in this game as he saved two penalties versus his old club.
other than that it was a poor performance and Ben was the only thing stopping them from getting 5 past us.

Crystal Palace-Hull City

0-0
View attachment 373749
We were the better team and had more opportunities and more possession but we couldn't score.

Crystal Palace-Cardiff

1-0

Federico Macheda
View attachment 373750
Federico is a beast for us or best i mean he is the one banging in the goals and Ben Amos with another beautiful game here and some super saves.

Crystal Palace-Norwich

1-2

Damien Delaney
View attachment 373751
They were the better team and we deserved to loose the team seems to have problem scoring without Macheda in the games.

Capital One Cup

Round 3 draw
View attachment 373752
well we had an easy second round but an horrible third round. we will have a though time against United but we will give it all!

3-5

Peter Ramage, Aaron Wilbraham,
Yannick Bolasie

View attachment 373753
A good performance thinking of facing team with little to no rest. Ben amos did a great job saving over 10 shots.

Transfers & Monthly Review
View attachment 373754
i loaned out some youngster and young players and i sold of the old Goalkeeper who just was a restrain on our wage budget. i sold my left back as well as he wouldn't cope with the fact that James
Husband was keeping him out of the team

View attachment 373755
For once Arsenal is spending a little money.

This month had its ups and downs but we moved out of the relegation zone and hopefully we can start moving up in the table which currently sits like this.
View attachment 373756
so im pleased that were out of there but its only been six rounds so we gotta keep this up otherwise we will be there again.

Player Of The Month
Ben Amos
View attachment 373758
Despite letting 8 goals in two games versus united i think he did good and he deserved this Month award.​

Last edited:
October 2012

View attachment 373818
0 goals forward and 11 back. pure **** month.

Premier League

Crystal Palace-Swansea

0-5
View attachment 373819
do i need to say anything. I thought Ben Amos was the savior on our Goalkeeper problem but oh so wrong i was.

Crystal Palace-Fulham

0-0
View attachment 373820
they had 0 shots on goal and we had 6 so the Fulham fans need to thanks Maarten

Crystal Palace-Arsenal

0-6
View attachment 373823
Goalless for over a month now. its horrible we better need to turn it around. i have changed tactic now so we will see if it makes the team better.

Transfers

i signed 36 year old Thomas Sörensen from Stoke apparently Ben Amos isn't up for the challenge.
View attachment 373826

View attachment 373827
**** month. lets turn this form around.

Player Of The Month
Jon Williams (second)
View attachment 373829
nobody was good but Jon was better than the rest.​

Last edited:
Palace easily have the worst squad out of all the promoted teams so you do have a challenge. Wish you the best of luck. Hard to say that to someone playing as palace...yuck.

If I was you I would start buying players in their prime who have the determination and consistency to keep you up. You've spent all your budget on 2 18 year olds, one of which is a left back. It's a problem almost everyone has (me included) but you have to balance out thinking of the future and buying for the present season. Look on the transfer list, always some gems who should be available.

Palace easily have the worst squad out of all the promoted teams so you do have a challenge. Wish you the best of luck. Hard to say that to someone playing as palace...yuck.

If I was you I would start buying players in their prime who have the determination and consistency to keep you up. You've spent all your budget on 2 18 year olds, one of which is a left back. It's a problem almost everyone has (me included) but you have to balance out thinking of the future and buying for the present season. Look on the transfer list, always some gems who should be available.

Yeah ive have noticed that some if not all of my signings haven't been the best oh wait :D just remembered Titus Bramble has been good and actually the 18 year old LB has been okay averaging 6.70 for a team fighting to stay in the league. but i will definitively look on the transfer market for some gems. but do you enjoy it? even do you are not a fan of Crystal Palace :D

Just two Quick Question.

Should i upload the november month directly when i am finished or should i wait till tomorrow?
(answer in the comments fast you have like 30 minutes or so)

Should i sign a new striker? and if so should it be Luke Moore he is valued at £1.8 million but they are asking for £500K.
his stats aren't so high on determination but he is in my heart because when i used to play fm07 on the xbox he was a signing that would banging 50+ a year.
View attachment 373883

November 2012

View attachment 373928
We do a little better this month but still horrible run in the league.

Premier League

Crystal Palace-Newcastle

1-2

Jon Williams
View attachment 373931
Two goals from Cissé seals the win for Newcastle but it should have been a draw as the penalty was no way near being a penalty but then second goals was a beautiful chip from outside the box.

Crystal Palace-Everton

3-2

Peter Ramage, Sean Murray, Richard Chaplow
View attachment 373933
a good win because we were the better team but we are still struggling with the scoreline.

Crystal Palace-West Bromwich

0-1
View attachment 373935
i was happy that we were going to draw but then in the 94th minute they scored but the worst part is that it was only three minutes of overtime.

Crystal Palace-Southampton

0-3
View attachment 373936
we were played out of the park in this game. Southampton deserved this win.

View attachment 373937
we got a win so we still have a connection with the rest of the teams fighting for survival.
But we really need to start taking points now.

Player Of The Month
Titus Bramble

View attachment 373939
played all the games and played very well hopefully he can keep this form up.​

Last edited:
December 2012

View attachment 373958
many games this month. dosent mean good games.

Premier League

Crystal Palace-West Ham

0-0
View attachment 373959
no one should have won and no one did so it was a fair result.

Crystal Palace-Stoke City

0-4
View attachment 373961
Embarrassing do i need to say more.

Crystal Palace-Manchester City

0-5
View attachment 373962
yeah this tactic isn't working out so i switched it.

Crystal Palace-Chelsea

0-3
View attachment 373963
this tactic didn't work but i will keep at it as i just picked it out.

Crystal Palace-Tottenham

0-4
View attachment 373965
this marked the 7th game without a goal from our team. and i have four players that are my attacking side that hasn't scored for over ten hours. i think De Ridder is at something like 15 hours now. In these seven games we have scored zero and let 20 goals in.

Crystal Palace-Sunderland

1-3

Jonathan Parr
View attachment 373967
some good and some really bad. We scored to kill our 7 games drought but we lost to the team that was in 19th and now we are all alone in 20th and i think we are going to get relegated.

Crystal Palace-Liverpool

0-1
View attachment 373969
good game but we didn't score any goals.

Transfers

As you have read we have trouble scoring. so im spending the last of the transfer budget to hopefully save the team from relegation. And the saviors name is Tony Watt
View attachment 373970

View attachment 373971
18 games to go so its not over yet but were sinking and no one is here to save us accept Sörensen and Watt coming out to rescue us. other then the signings this month will go down as the worst in history.

Player Of The Month
Titus Brumble (2)
View attachment 373974
he is the only one keeping this team together right now played all game accept one and all the games he played he had the highest average of the team.​

Last edited:
January 2013

View attachment 374008
one of our best months so far.

Premier League

Crystal Palace-Aston Villa

0-4
View attachment 374009
Sörensens and Watts first game. cant say that it went well.

1-3

André Moritz
View attachment 374011
a okay game thinking of the games last month.

Crystal Palace-Hull City

1-1

Federico Macheda
View attachment 374036
Macheda finally scores for us again! it took him 16 hours. Last time he scored was against Cardiff on September 22nd which was 129 days ago.
View attachment 374037

Crystal Palace-Cardiff

1-1

Yannick Bolasie
View attachment 374038
a bore draw. nothing special

Crystal Palace-Norwich

2-1

Steve De Ridder (2)
View attachment 374041
Steve De Ridder picks up two goals to seal us the victory and he also stops his embarrassing goal drought
View attachment 374043
i don't know if i calculated this right but i got that he hasn't scored in 24 hours before this.

FA Cup

Round 3 draw
View attachment 374045
We got AFC Wimbledon in the third round.

Crystal Palace-AFC Wimbledon

1-0

Yannick Bolasie
View attachment 374010
we won but it should have been more.

Round 4 draw
View attachment 374049
We got West Ham in the fourth round.

Crystal Palace-West Ham

1-3

Owen Garvan
View attachment 374046
They were aggressive and were also the better team.

View attachment 374047
a good month that helps us tie with Cardiff with one more game played it dosent look good but it looks better.

Player Of The Month
Thomas Sörensen
View attachment 374048

we have significantly improved with him in goal. so far we haven't put in as with Amos put it was a close call as Owen Garvan just as well could have got this one.​

February & March 2013

View attachment 374071
two short months so it will be one part instead and it was one of the better.

Premier League

Crystal Palace-Swansea

1-0

Steve De Ridder
View attachment 374072
A Great performance by the lads who sealed the deal.

Crystal Palace-Fulham

0-1
View attachment 374073
They were dominating us but Thomas did a good game.

Crystal Palace-Arsenal

0-1
View attachment 374074
What a difference from the last game versus Arsenal. Much better!

Crystal Palace-Newcastle

2-3

Tony Watt, Yannick Bolasie
View attachment 374075
Tony Watt with his first goal for the club. lets hope we can keep this up and score more goals. (and maybe start winning)

Crystal Palace-Everton

3-1

Tony Watt (3)
View attachment 374076
Tony Watt has now 4 goals in the two latest games and has already taken over the top scorer spot in the team.

Crystal Palace-West Bromwich

0-1
View attachment 374078
bad result hopefully we can bounce back.

View attachment 374079
seven games to go and we can still get out of the relegation zone. even though it dosent seem so likely our form is actually going up!

Player Of The Month
Tony Watt & Titus Bramble
View attachment 374080View attachment 374081
both of the m played good and since this post is two months Titus gets the February POTM and Tony the March POTM

although u aint doing the best its nice to c some-one fighting for survival and not spending millions that they havent got with the 48 month trick all i can say is u have a good player in tony watt and if he starts scoring you should be able to get out of the current state u are in and survival mate

although u aint doing the best its nice to c some-one fighting for survival and not spending millions that they havent got with the 48 month trick all i can say is u have a good player in tony watt and if he starts scoring you should be able to get out of the current state u are in and survival mate

Thanks mate and we will hope that Tony start scoring.

April 2013

View attachment 374117
Many shockers this month

Premier League

Crystal Palace-Manchester City

4-3

Steven De Ridder (2), Jon Williams (2)
View attachment 374118
What a beautiful result too bad that we cant play like this all the time absolutely wonderful.

Crystal Palace-West Ham

1-2

Owen Garvan
View attachment 374119
Following our win against City i am devastated that we lost this match.

Crystal Palace-Southampton

0-6
View attachment 374120
Southampton is always the team that is super human against me. they have scored 9 on me during this seasons two games.

Crystal Palace-Stoke City

0-0
View attachment 374121
a good result was Stoke is 5th overall in the league.

View attachment 374123
well im saying it now. we are going to be relegated as we still have a game against Tottenham, Chelsea and Sunderland. But we should beat Sunderland at least and then we have one season in the Championship because i believe that we can get right back up with this team and some smart signings.

Player Of The Month
Owen Garvan
View attachment 374126
Owen gets this month POTM as he was a good team player this month plus putting one goal home.

such a shame really but if u relegated u only need a couple of experienced championship players and u should be in the hunt for promotion tony watt scores for fun in that league

Season ending 2012/2013

View attachment 374148
Championship...

Premier League

Crystal Palace-Tottenham

0-3
View attachment 374150
There is not much to say this lost meant we are going to be relegated.

Crystal Palace-Chelsea

1-2

Steve De Ridder
View attachment 374152
We got a goal and Sörensen saved a penalty but it wasn't enough.

Crystal Palace-Sunderland

3-2

Tony Watt, André Moritz
View attachment 374154
a good game but we still end up in last place as Cardiff beat Newcastle 3-1

Premier League Table

View attachment 374155
United won for the second year in a row and Manchester City didn't even make it in to the Champions League.

Season Stats
View attachment 374157
well nobody did really good and the team look liked ***** through and through.

Season Review
I am not pleased overall and the only game i am proud about is the game were we beat City.

Player Of The Season
Titus Bramble
View attachment 374160
By me picks (most POTM) Titus is this season best player and i do think so to. He has the highest average in the club and have been generally good.

Fans Player Of The Season
Titus Bramble
View attachment 374160
of course they choose him too.

Team of the season

View attachment 374161

Transfer

View attachment 374162
i didn't see that he had a buyout clause so he was sold Southampton the team that i hate on FM

What do you guys think of the story so far? and please reply if you have any player i should sign. looking for a new CM as we are missing Williamson

such a shame really but if u relegated u only need a couple of experienced championship players and u should be in the hunt for promotion tony watt scores for fun in that league

Yeah just started the second season. sadly as you can read i lost Jon Williamson to Southampton which i now officially hate.