Bringing back the Dynamo days! A Colne FC story...

Reaction score
Coates Steps Down....

View attachment 205640.

Long serving Colne FC manager Nigel Coates today stepped down as manager. Coates had managed the club for almost ten years joining in august 2002. And it's with a heavy heart that he leaves the role. 'It's one of the hardest things i've had to do, but i think it's time to let someone else to take over and take this club to the next stage'. Colne enjoyed great success under Coates. His first full season in charge in the 03/04 season they were promoted from the then North West Counties Div 2 to the 1st Div.As of 2008 it was then named the North west counties Premier Division. The same year they recorded a famous semi final place in the FA Vase, and also lifted the NW Division 2 cup. Coates also played for the Colne's former team Colne Dynamos. Who famously ran through the non league in the late 80's to win promotion to the fooball league. But after failing to upgrade the holt house stadium or find a new sight for a new ground, were denied promotion. The next season the club folded. The now former colne manager told us he will be in talks with the colne board to advise on the appointment of the new manager. 'I still want to help the club in any way i can, which includes my thoughts on possible applicants to managers vacancy'. The Colne chairman Dave Blacklock refused to be drawn on who is on the list of replacements.'We have a list drawn up and will be arranging interviews. We're looking to have a new manager appointed before the pre season starts'. Speculation is rife but with no solid names it's a waiting game for reds fans to find out who could be the new Colne FC manager....

Coates Says farewell to Holt House

View attachment 205641

Colne hand rookie coach job

Young coach Andrew Monaghan has been hired as colne manager in what some see as a shock move earlier this week.
It's the 25 year old's first post as manager since earning his badges. The news have been meet rather mutedly with fans, with who? being the most popular response In his first interview with the Colne times Andrew appeared excited rather than daunted at this first appointment.He shrugged off the apathy towards his appointment with a modest grin.
'I can completely understand where the fans are coming from and naturally you want somebody with experience to guide your club'.
The ambition in his eyes was clear to see as when on to explain why he applied for the role and what he what aims he had for the club.
'Well not just the fact that this is my hometown, this town has a great history to build upon. I want to bring this town the glory days of the Colne Dynamos. This town had a great team once.. it could have it again. Lessons have been learnt from those days. My biggest wish (apart from seeing Burnley back in the prem haha) is to see this team go one better than the dynamos and actually play league football'.
Bold claims from a young manager, but a list of high praise has come from a lot of corners, including former manager Nigel Coates.
'He's very young, young enough to be my son lol but he has a great knowledge of the game'.
Asked about other people in football he'd learned from Andrew named a few of his hero's from the game.
'Managers such as Nigel Coates at colne, and at the club I support myself Burnley, Jimmy Mullen and Stan Ternent are big managing heros of mine'
With a busy schedule Andrew had to excuse himself earlier from the interview, but had these last words.
'I have some big shoes to fill but i honestly think i'm the right person to take this club to new hights, and a great new chapter in it's young history. I'm hoping i can count on the fans support in the coming season. I will do my upmost to deliver the results and football to earn that supports'.

The club released this statment.
'After working through our list of managers and interviewing all successful applicants. The board at Colne FC have decided to appoint Andrew Monaghan as the new manager. After a very successful interview and many references, it was decided that Andrew fitted all the criteria for this club to acheive it's short and long term goals. We would like to take this time to thank Nigel Coates for his many years of service and wish him the very best in the future.'

So Colne have appointed a new manager. But what are the new managers plans for the coming season....

Monaghan in total revamp of Colne squad

New Colne manager Andrew Monaghan starts as he means to go on this week bringing in a raft of new players, as part of a whole new look Colne FC.

Tuesday 5th July
Two new players arrive at Holt House:
Dean West : A free transfer from Lincoln Moorlands. The veteran RB will bring a wealth of experience to colne. With terms at (Lincoln 123 apps), Bury (110 apps) and Burnley (158 apps) the 38 year old brings plenty of league experience with him. He also brings plenty of non league knowledge with spells at boston utd,Kings Lynn, Corby, Stamford and Lincoln moorlands.

Jamie Harwood : Free transfer from Shilden
The 26 year old who recently joined shilden on non contract terms from BSN Gateshead, Before Monaghan convinced hin to join the Colne revolution. His experience in the blue square north and his great crossing ability will certainly be a big asset to Colne.

Thursday 7th July
Taser Hassen: The 20 year old winger had been released by huddersfield in th 09/10 season. He now finds a home in lancashire. He could prove a real coup as he shows real potential to grow along with the club. Another skilled player with the ball and crossing can provide the chances for colnes attacks.

Leeroy Chinthengah: Former Oldham youth player and zimbabwe under 20. The 18 year old is great with his footwork and also has a great finish.

Jason Mok : Former dundalk and sheff wednesday reserve. After being out of the game a few seasons, the 20 year old LB welcomes the chance restart his career.

James Humphreys: 16 year old who was discovered by Monaghan after seeing his videos posted on youtube. The promising youngster has been handed his first youth contract at Colne.

Friday 8th july

Sam Maude: 21 former Northampton trainee CM Great passer and control

Craig Stephenson : 18 released Morcombe youth keeper. Great aerial and good overall

Shaun Goodall : 20 relesed Northampton reserve striker. Good all round striker

More players arrive before pre-season starts..

More players join the fold at colne on the start of colne's pre-season.

Adam Dougan: 19 Former queen of the south trainee Great young CB or RB

Sam Christianson: 18 Ex Port Vale youngster, Great young CB prospect

Sean Pike : 20 Another not to make the cut at Port Vale, talented young LB

Ben Johnson: 15 Young unknown who caught monaghan's eye while earning his coaching badges

The pre-season will begin shortly but how will this newly brought together squad fair?

Reds Pre-season Report

First Fixture
Colne Vs Amthorpe Welfare 9th july

On a typically wet lancashire day Colne played hosts to Northen counties premier east side Amthorpe welfare. To say this was the first match most of this colne side had played with each other they didn't let it show. Thought to be a close game before kick off it proved to be anything but, as colne put Amthorpe to the sword in a 5-0 drubbing. They dominated the match constantly keeping the oppostion on the back foot. This told as on the only the 4th min striker goodall pounced on a defensive mistake to put the reds in the lead. Then West put away the second from the penalty spot after goodall was brought down. The second half Colne carried on as before with goals from Colne other two new strikers. Chinthengah netting on 50 mins and young johnson in added time. The other young prospect 16 year old Humphreys netted on 55 mins. All in all it was a dominating and promising start for the reds. 'The players went out and showed what the new colne are capable of. I don't think I could have asked for a better start' Monaghan beamed.

More new arrivals

John Seaton : 20 Former Carlise reserve. Good young CM Great passer of a ball

Nicholas Barret : 18 Released West Ham youth. Young CM with plenty of potential

Lewis Marr: 22 Former Newcastle youth and motherwell reserve. CB who has been with a club for a few seasons but still has plenty to offer.

New Staff Join Monaghan

New arrivals have not ended at new players. Monaghan has now started on plans to form his own backstaff folowing the rest of coate backroom departing.So here is the first of the new back room staff..

Paul Gibbs : The 38 year old Leaves his role as player coach at Gorleston. He enjoyed spells at Colchester, Torquay,Plymouth,Brentford,barnsley and Ebbsfleet, before returning to the club he started playing his career at to start his coaching one.
'It wasn't easy to convince him to move here over a club he started out at, but that's a testament to the ambition this club has'. Monaghan said about the appointment.

Dean Williams : The 38 year old Scout has moved from maidenhead to take up his very first scouting role at Colne. He has been brought in the further colnes reach in securing young talent.

Second Fixture

Colne 3-0 Aston town 11th July

Colne travelled to Edge green street to player lower league opposition, NW counties league 1 Aston Town. Colne continued their good form with another solid display. Goudall scored his secoond of the pre-season, with well placed effort from the edge of the area. !6 year old Humphreys also carried on his good form putting away a rebound in the box calmly. New signing seaton then put the game beyond all doubt when he stroked a close range shot in the bottom corner.

Pre season report

As we prepare fot the new season to finally kick off here a lokk at the rest of Colne's pre-season.
Firstly with the more new arrivals tot he club.

Jack Hazell - 16 CB/LB Young trialist who earned a youth contract.
Anthony Ebili - 21 ML Former Gillingham youth left wlaton and hersham been out of the game a few years.
Dale Mason - 16 CB/RB Another young trailist took in.
Ian Smyth - 16 GK Young applicant given a youth contract.
Lewis Robinson - 20 RB Released Eastleigh youth.
Jay semper - 20 ML Let go by Millwall a few years back looking to get back into the game.
David Lee -28 ST Had terms Shelbourne, Monaghan utd,Kilkenny city, Longford and mt merrion looking to acheive some success at a club while he still has some years left in him, was convinced that Colne could be that club.
Steven Lozano-Calderon- 19 ML Charlton youth who didn't make the grade.
Jim Provett - 28 GK experienced keeper signed from Norton and Stocktn ancients, has played for Harlepool,Bury, Harrogate and Gateshead.
Ger Rafter- 21 CB young irish defender started out at st francis got a move to sligo rovers that didn't end up working out. Now has headed to England and Colne to make his mark from the bottom up..
Tom Rutter- 34 RB veteran Full back stared out at swindon and has worked for numerous non-league clubs here and in the U.S.A
Jack Brierley- 20 ST former Blackburn Rovers youth, has moved around lancashire playing at Rossendale and Clitheroe now finds his home at Colne.
Wayne Purser- 31 ST a striker who brings experience into the striking team, Worked at QPR, Barnet,Leyton Orient and Peterborough most note.
Josh Mcclory-Cuthbertson- 16 CB Another young player taking in.
Steve Christie- 16 CB/LB Another young player starting out given a youth contact.

Aswell as new players flooding more backstaff joined at Colne.
Greg Challender- The 38 year old joins inhis first coaching role. During his playing days he playeed for Preston,Northwich,Hyde and Telford aswell as numerous other lower non-league teams.

Derek Payne-
The 44 year old has previously been assistant manager at Bracknell and Player manager of Egham.Had a long and varied playing career with stints at Barnet,Southend,Watford and peterborough being highlights.

Mark Palmer- Colne is the 25 year olds first job in football since gaining his qualifications.

The rest of colne pre-seaon involved playing hosts to welsh side Connah's Quay. Colne then had to travel to northen counties east division1 side Eccleshill. They then had to host welsh side Hawarden and North east counties premier team selby.

Colne 3-1 Connah's Quay
Although Colne conceded they put on a great show of attacking football. With Jamie Harwood, Shaun Goodall and Anthony Ebili all getting on the scoresheet.

Eccleshill 0-2 Colne
Eccleshill definately gave Colne a harder time the other teams of the pre-season. But they could only hold of their tireless attacks until half time. Some hard work through the whole game saw Shaun Goodall net two goals in the second half to give Colne the win.

Colne 5-1 Hawarden
Another victory for Colnes wonderfull flowing football. Wingers Harwood and Ebili showed a great partner ship creating goal for each other and two of colnes strikers including new arrival David lee. Ebili's cross found harwood at the far post to gran the lead on 25 mins. In the second half Maude hit a screamer from the edge of the area for his debut goal. Then Harwood return to favour supplying Ebili with a carbon copy of his goal on 53 mins. with Hawarden leaking 2 goals in 3 mins they managed to take a breather for a while until ebili crossed a ball the lee who gratefully headed in at close range on 75 mins. Chinthengah then completed the route by striking on a rebound from david lee to score an easy goal. Craig breeze put the only dampener on Colne day with a greatly take strike on 65 mins.

Colne 4-0 Selby
Colne Ended the pre-season in style with a super showing of attacking football and defending in a four goal thriller.In fact the only dampener to the day was the early depature of Shaun Goodall due to injury, the young striker had enjoyed a great pr-season until the unfortunatly time injury, which will see him miss the start of the season. The new striker Chinthengah prove he could take up the slack scoring soon after coming on on 7 mins. David lee was in a mood to hit the ground running at colne and after creating the first goal ran rings round the defence to score two himself at 37 and 41 mins. Chinthengah then finished the scoring on 75 mins heading in a cross from harwood.

Monaghan seems to express the feelings of the colne camp 'To be honest I don't think the pre-season could have gone much better. We have a wonderfull set of lads here and I think with confidence running high, I think we're going hit the ground running and go into every game thinging we can win'.
Well the manager, team and the fans who came to watch the pre-season games all seem super confident it's going to be a good year, Now they have competitive games will they deliver the goods week in week out all season?

August Report

Well the season is finally underway!. Reds fans will be hoping the first season under the leadership of young managing prospect monaghan, will build on the efforts of the previous manager Nigel Coates.

6/8/2011 Colne 3-1 Bacup Borough
A good start for colne,but a great start for irish striker David Lee who's man of the match turn out and hat trick, saw him gain rave reviews.Winger Harwood and cbs rafter and dougan also put on impressive displays.

9/8/2011 Atherton LR 3-6 Colne
Goals galore as colne came from behind twice to secure another home win. Amazingly lee went one better than his last games netting four goals!. Captain Ger Rafter and Striker Leeroy chinthengah added to the goal haul.

13/8/2011 Colne 4-0 St.Helens
David Lee appears to be in the form of his life as he put away yet another hat-trick.This puts his tally at and amazing ten goals in three matchs. Chants are already being made for the dubliner and is well on his way to being a fan favourite. Jack Brierley also bagged his first league goal in stoppage time to complete the scoring.

20/8/2011 Barnoldswick 0-3 Colne
It's been a good start for Colne as the winning ways continue. Goals from lee,Brierley and a first goal from Jamie Harwood.

27/8/2011 Colne 4-0 Runcorn Linnets
Colne and David Lee completed and incredible month after a four goal win. Lee score another 2 to bring his tally to 14 after just his first month. Shaun Goodhall marked his return from injury with a goal, before Lewis Savva completed the route putting the ball in his own net.

Star performers

David Lee
No prizes for seeing his name here star turn outs all month and 14 goals.

Ger Rafter lead the defence suberbly and also chiped in with a goal.

Jamie Harwood The winger set up a great partner ship with the strikers and other winger ebili. His crossing set up some great goals.

Thanks for the feedback, i was thinking that myself might fleshout the story a bit as i go. Was thinking of restarting it

Colne Times Online

Seeing red..the times talks to New Colne boss

Questions were asked when Colne hired local lad 25 year old Andrew Monaghan as new manager. A month into the new season and with the team top of the north west counties premier, and with a hundred percent record, the doubts are being answered in stunning fashion.

Turning up at Holt House the home of Colne Fc we were greeted with a warm welcome by andrew, as we turned up to find out more about him.

How did you get into coaching football? A. "well I started out playing in the local youth teams and at school. I always knew i wanted to be involved in football. I played as much as i could my dream was to get signed up by the team i support Burnley. After basically bugging the youth set up into having a look at me i got my big chance with the burnley youth set up. They invited me to come along and train with them and a few other lads they wanted to have a look at. Sadly after having a look at me with the youth team they said I wasn't quite up to the standard of the other lads. It was a big blow and it knocked my confidence, but i thought i'm young and could train harder try again at burnley or another local teams. And i did get trails but i just didn't seem to catch my break. I started a local program coaching football to young children. It was then that i thought i made a better coach than a player!.

"After leaving school i did my level one coaching. Then coached at a couple of local youth teams for a year while taking my level two. After finding a local team to coach at i completed my level 3. After gaining experience coaching various clubs around the country and making contacts with various clubs. I returned to the area i grew up in to look for a job. while searching i actualy did some coaching for Colne and met Nigel Coates, who i'd already talked while gaining my badges for advice. Finally when the job came up i had to go for it. I didn't think they'd go for someone as young as me, but they must have seen something there because here i am!".

So what are you plans for Colne? A. " Firstly go gain promotion from this league it's as simple as that."

That's quite a confident aim. Do you think it's a bit too ambitious for you first season?. A. "No, you have to aim as high as you can and with the squad i've brought in i've every confindence the team can achieve that. You got to do the best you can in any competition, the liverpools and uniteds didn't win leagues aiming for mid table.."

You've brought a lot of new faces to Colne how easy was it to bring in these players, and will it be a struggle to get the team to gel? A. " It wasn't easy!" andrew laughed. " Convincing some of these players to join a team in this league on the money we could offer them was no mean feat. A lot started out at league teams, so convincing them to play at this level was hard. Once they heard my plans though and a few other players joined it became easier. I wanted to give these lads a chance to achieve something in football, maybe its not a big league club but these players have a chance to become part of this town and club's history. And either at this club or another be playing in the higher levels in a few seasons. Luckily they've bought into it and the team spirit hasn't really been too hard to forge, they're all here for the same thing to prove they came achieve something in football..."

You mentioned Colne dynamos when you first signed up. Have they inspired you a lot?. A. Absolutely a small town team like them almost playing in the football league, it's something to look at and aspire to. It's been done once why not again i say, i know there was money being spent that lead to the clubs downfall, but it could still be achieved on a budget there are plenty of players out there with the drive."

What are the finances like at Colne have pursestrings been stretched with the influx of players? A. " The finances are ok at the moment the chairman gave me resources to build my own squad. I don't have a problem working with a budget. Plus the chairman has been looking to secure some further investment, partly as part of the new stadium plans and partly for the future of the club, i.e improving training facilities. Having a stadium not up to standard denied Colne a league team, we don't plan to let it happen again if we get another shot at it in the future!".

Finally what are your long term plans? A. "I'm here for the long haul. I signed up to take this club as far as I can. I'm keen to repay the faith shown in me by Dave and the rest of the Colne board. I'll try my upmost to make this team play at the highest level possible, until the board change their mind I'll be happy to stay here and do all I can for the club."

Thank you for talking with us it was a pleasure to finally talking with you in more depth. " Your welcome, remember to come and support the team, a better team depends on it's fans aswell as it's team!"

keeps it going just do what you where doing and add some of this and you got an amazing story.

September Report

Unbeaten Colne go into September with confidence running sky high. Colne boss monaghan has not been resting on his laurals, as the start of the month saw him reveal three more recruits. The boss told us most of the deal were sorted out at the end of last month, and that he'd waited until he knew they were all done deals and had settled in before bringing them to attention.

"Sometimes deals can look done then you can hit a snag and it can fall apart. Happily I can tell you all three players have signed deals with the club and have already joined training with the rest of the lads." Monaghan said.

The Players Are Former Burnley trainee goalkeeper Stefan Ritchie,ex Fulham youth fullback Lewis Thomas, and 26 year old midfielder Ross Gardener, who joins on a free transfer from Shilden.

"I'm very happy to be able to welcome these lads to Colne FC. Stefan and Lewis are both cracking young players who have been out of the game for a season or two. I saw Stefan when i watched Burnley youths so i've seen him in action,Once he got the games under his belt and the confidence he'll be a fine goalkeeper. Lewis was brought to my attention, He'd been release by Fulham last season so his confidence has taken a big knock but he has the tools there and i'm sure he'll do well here. Ross is going to bring some experience to the centre of midfield. He came froma great academy at Newcastle,played for league clubs Notts forrest and Port Vale, and also non league Ilkeston and Easton Town.I think he'll be good for the younger centre mids he's got a bit more experience behind him and I think that'll help them come on."

3/9/2011 Winsford 1-6 Colne
Season slow starters Winsford fail to break down colnes solid defence and were hit by Colne's deadly finishing. John seaton and Anthony Ebili got their debut league goals. David lee put up where he left off with a brace. Goodall finished the scoring for Colne. Mullineux was left red face as he put the ball past his own keep and lyndon campbell saved windford a little face with their only reply.

Recruitment drive goes on
Another younger player joins the Colne fold as Former Pompey trainee bayen Fenwick signs on the dotted line. After leaving portsmouth in 2008 he has had spells at Eastbourne Borough and Lewes, with out much luck. " Hopefully the move north will be go for me and i have a better time up here. "The gaffer seems like he's prepared to give you a chance if you put in the effort and that's all I ask." said Bayen on his Move.

10/9/2011 Colne 4-0 Bootle
Comfortable win for colne. A hat-trick for david lee as he carrys on his jaw dropping scoring form. Nicholas Barret grabs his debut league goal.

17/9/2011 Colne 5-0 Glossop
A bad day for Glossop as they picked up two injuries and a red card. They held on under pressure until almost half time, until who else but david lee made the break through. After half time the dam broke, with John Seaton, Jamie Harwood and Nicholas Barret all getting on the score sheet. Captain Ger Rafter Completed the route with a unstoppable header from a Harwood corner in stoppage time.

21/9/2011 Stone Dominoes 1-2 Colne
Dominoes league stragglers proved to be colne's sternest test so far. They took the lead on 21 min witha fine strike from Lewis Cooper. Colne kept calm and stuck to the plan, and were rewared on 32 mins with a leveller from Winger Jamie Harwood. Talisman David Lee powered home the winner on 37 mins, and Colne held on to keep the streak going. A bitter blow came for young full back Sean Pike who will be out for over a month with a knee injury.

24/9/2011 Colne 5-0 Shirebrook FA Vase 2nd qualifing round.
NE countie div 1 team Shirebrook were Colne's first FA Vase hurdle. One that was overcome with ease. Some of the players waiting for a chance were given a chance to show their stuff to the Reds fans. Leeroy Chinchengah didn't take his time scoring on 3mins. Ger Rafter was showing his talent at scoring from set pieces with another well took header. Veteran wayne purser added the third, And ex millwall trainee winger taser hassen had a dream debut scoring on either side of half time. The only sour note was Lewis Thomas's fine debut at LB being cut short after being force off due to a poor tackle beore the break. The injury is not as bad as first feared lucky.

Colne Records have been smashed as Colne Now go ten games unbeaten since the start of the season. The manager letting the plaudits go to his head.But that does not mean he isn't confident " Well the players deserve most of the praise, they work hard on the training pitch and it's showing on match days. I can't see why this run cannot go on longer still. We're going into every game thinking we can win, each win bring us that bit more belief that we've got what it takes to rise from this level."

Colne is a small town near Burnley in lancashire. Colne Fc has been the main club in the town since 1990. They Play in the North West Counties Premier division. The former Club Colne Dynamos had the backing of a millionaire owner and almost gained promotion to the football league when they won the conference, but the ground was not up to standard. Unable to gain planning permission for a new ground added to high players wages marked the end. The club folded before the start of the next season.

October Report

1/10/11 Colne 9-0 Bridon Ropes FA Cup Qualifing round
The bumper 766 crowd at Holt House had no reason to feel short changed,as Colne recorded one the their biggest wins in record against the kent invicta league Bridon Ropes. The strength this team has showed straight away as Colne left Bridon reeling going two nill up in only five minutes. Leeroy Chinthengah and David Lee with a quick double fire. Colne didn't let up putting in another two in two mins when Sam Maude hit a stunner on 11mins, and Chinthengah got his second on 12 mins. The visitors gained their composure and were looking a little better before a Ger rafter header and David lee tap in, left them six nil down at half time. David lee bagged yet another Hat-trick on 68 mins. The spotlight was taken of prolific Lee for a few moment when young 16 year old James Humphreys Bagged his first ever Competative goal after coming off the bench.Captain Rafter placed the exclamation point with a strike Even the strikers would envy.

4/10/11 Colne 4-1 Ashton Town NW Counties League cup 2nd round
Monaghan rested most of the regular's in this match against NW Counties league 1 opposition. Like in the pre -season match Colne had too much about them to be trouble by Ashton town. A hat-trick from Shaun Goodall and what is now becoming a trademark header from a set piece by Ger Rafter. Jimmy Hope got the only consolation for the visitors.

8/10/11 Colne 2-1 Ramsbottom
After three cup games it was back to the league campaign. David Lee and Shaun Goodall carried on the good form with two goals. Ramsbottom made sure the reds were on their toes when Matthew Williams brought the lead down to only one goal.

12/10/11 Flixton 0-1 Colne
After four straight home games Colne made hard work of their trip to manchester. It was a bloodly fought match in three tree players left the field picking up knocks. Shaun Goodalls wonderstrike from the edge of the area into the top corner was what sealed the three points on the day.

15/10/11 Solihull Moors 0-1 Colne FA Cup qualifying round
Colne faced a tough away fixture at Blue Square North Solihull Moors. Monaghan shouted, cheered, ranted and cojoled his team into a fantastic performance.Solihull were just as commited both teams closing down and challenging for every ball. Colne more then held their own in the match and could have been happy with a reply at Holt House. But then a true roy of the rovers moment. The fourth minute of four minutes added time,Buswell gives away a silly free kick on the right wing. Jamie Harwood plays a lovely ball in the box towards the far post. Ger Rafter leaps like a salmon to beat the collective jump for the ball to deliver one of his thumping headers..But broadhurst leading with an elbow knocks the irish centre back off his feet. The ref poins tot the spot straight away.. There no discussion as david lee places the ball on the spot...And with a spot kick alan shearer would have been proud of launches the ball into the top right corner...Colne claim the win with literally the last kick of the game. Boss Monaghan beamed as he applauded his players.

"We're playing some brilliant football, training hard, and we're getting our just rewards. This result just shows how together as a team we are, all the lads did their part i can't fault anybody just brilliant..." said a breathless Monaghan.

19/10/11 Colne 5-0 Ashton Athletic 0
Still on a high from claiming their Blue square north scalp, Colne Hammered Aston Atheltic to carry on their 100% league record.Winger Harwood and Striker Lee each bagged a brace. Rafter claimed another goal to add to an amazing goal haul for a centreback.

23/10/11 Steyning 1-1 Colne FA vase 3rd qualifying Rd
The sussex county division 2 team almost pulled off big win themselves hosting colne. Steyning winger mullhollend grabbed the lead was an outrageous strike from past the d. After having a quite game hassen switched up a gear to give colne another change finally getting a leveller on 86 mins.

26/10/11 Replay Colne 3-1 Steyning
Infront of the Holt House fans and with some first choice players back in the team,the reds found the second easier going. It doesn't hurt to have you opponents lead a had though lol, with derek courney putting the ball in his own netted from a probing cross for the opener. Ger Rafter extended the lead just before half time. Young James Humphreys got his second goal for the reds in his first competitve start for the club. Jack Rowlands saved some face with a well struck effort on 67 mins for steyning.Chinthengah picked up a injury to leave him out for a few games.

29/10/11 Chorley 1-5 Colne FA Cup
Colne finished October in style with a another classy performance at local team Evo stick Premier Chorley,two tiers higher than Colne. David Lee turned the Chorley defense inside out while putting away yet another hat-trick. Harwood and Centreback Dougan added the others. Ex charlton trainee Steven Lazono-Calderon picked up a nasty knock after a miss-timed tackle.

Last edited:
November Report

Colne go into November on the crest of a wave, unbeatable in the league and still going strong in all cup competitions. Will Colne be able to keep up this blistering pace all season especially with all the cup games to contend with?......

2/11/11 Runcorn Town 1-2 Colne
Prehaps alittle jaded the Colne players didn't shine quite as brightly in Runcorn. Still they played some good football and defended well. David Lee got and early goal. The quiet game strang to life with trysten tshabalala leveling on 81 mins. It fell to young winger James Humphreys to score his first league goal and secure all three points.

5/11/11 Congleton 1-6 Colne
Colne provided all the fireworks on this 5th of November at Congleton. The under-achieving Congleton were touted as promtion contenders, but with woefull defending, they showed why they sit 13th in the league and falling. A whole host of scorers, captain Ger Rafter got a brace,Chinthengah scored on return as did Humphreys, Lee, and Lazano-Calderon.

9/11/11 Padiham 0-0 Colne
The trip to Local Rivals Padiham didn't go aswell as at heated rivals Barnoldwick earlier in the year. Colnes first league draw of the season was also the first in which they had failed to score. The only upside was they can claim a moral victory in the fact that Padiham did not have a single all game, Compared to Colnes fourteen! of which only to were on target.

12/11/11 Colne 4-0 Squires Gates
Back in familier territory colne made light worth of 4th place Squire gate. The familiar sight of David Lee scoring a hat-trick once again occured. Bayan Fenwick Score his first ever league goal for Colne in an excellant performance from the former Pompey youngster.

16/11/11 Aylesbury 0-2 Colne FA Cup
A slightly easier draw for Colne although still one tier higher than Colne. you wouldn't have guessed that though,as not only did Colne again hold their own but had the better of the play.Veteran Dean Westpicked up a bad knee injury which will see him out for many weeks Two Goals from David Lee carry the reds on still further into the FA cup..

Ex Liverpool trainee becomes a red again..
Former Liverpool youth Jack Metcalf has signed on at Colne which many see as a major coup for the Ambitious lower league club. After being realeased by liverpool Metcalf was taken on at Wolves but finding it hard to adjust to life in the midlands. Again without a club young metcalf has taken a punt with dropping way down the football pyramid in order to get games and build his confidence .

" Andrew sold the club to me really. He showed me around and made sure i was made to feel very welcome I even stayed at his house while i held talks!. Being in the north west again and only an hour or so away from liverpool is ideal for me. I think I can learn a lot here and that I'll grow up a lot as a footballer here" Metcalf said about the move.

19/11/11 Brislington 0-5 Colne FA Vase 4th qual Rd
Another cup trip this time to western league premier Brislington. Plenty to talk about for Colne fans as David Lee continues to gain Legendary status notching up four goals. Taser hassen added the other goal. Meanwhile Ex liverpool and wolves trainee had an unlucky start to his Colne career being shown a red card on 71 mins after two fairly harsh yellow cards. The win was soured by the knowledgethat young starlet James Humphreys who went of after a nasty challenge will be out fot quite some time. With Anthony Ebilil having gone on loan to Hallem in late October this leaves Monaghan light on left wing options...

Veteran Reunion player Make the move to lancashire
Experienced reunion player Eric farro has made the dramatic move after a quick set of phone calls from manager Andrew Monaghan.A Reunion international 34 year old farro started his career on the island of Reunion, before moving to france to play in the national league,spending several years in the french lower leagues. Fans of USS Tamponnaise were shocked of his sudden decision to leave the former french ruled african island, where many thought he would retire.
Monaghan had this to say.
" I've seen him play a few times and he has some real skill. I'd already given serious thought to asking him to come and play for us in England. The unfortunate injury to James just meant i had to bring my plans forward. I think he will be a wonderfull asset to this club and a fantastic influence on the clubs younger player Eric is a real pro."

When asked if the fact Eric's grasp of the English langauge would be a problem with him fitting in and being able to play to effectively. Andrew had this to say. "Eric is a real pro as i've said and football is a universal language.We have a great set of lads here and i'm sure they will all help him settle in. I've learnt the basics in a few languages so it'll just give me a chance to better my french!."

Colne players go out on loan
Young ex morcombe trainee Craig Stephenson joins thetford on loan who are fly high in the Eastern Counites league 1. Also former Eastleigh youth who is not long back from his loan at Glasshoughton is again going out on loan. This time to familiar faces Ashton Town. Both will out on loan for 3 months. Rmours also persist that veteran striker Wayne Purser is preparing to leave Holt house after failing to secure a place ahead of david lee and the talented youngsters...

26/11/11 Colne 3 Blackpool AFC 0
The reign over the rest of the North west counties premier continues with another fine win. Jamie Harwood opened things on 29mins. Then Under pressure Jamie Greenway put the ball in his own net defending an Eric farro cross. Faro finished a fine debut by losing his marker and recieving the ball from Lee in the box promptly placing the ball the bottom left corner.

Purser Leaves...
After reports of his unhappiness Wayne purser has left Colne FC. He joins Eastern Counties League 1 Swaffham where he hopes to get more first team football and help in their promotion push.
"It was a mutual decision and he goes with all our best wishes. I can understand why he wanted to go naturally you want to play as many games as you can, and he was not getting that chance here. It was hard because he is a good player but the other strikersare playing well so there was no opening for me to say there you go you've got your chance. He understood so I let him find the right club where he felt he'd be most happy. That's footballsometimes things just don't fall right for you, but i'm sure he'll do well at swaffham and goes with only best wishes from me." Monaghan Commented.
Also young defending prospect Jack Hazell has joined local Rivals Nelson on loan in the NW Counties Div 1. "It's a move that suits both partys. Nelson are rivals but they've fallen on hard times, money trouble and the drop into Div 1 have hit them hard. But this way they get a fresh player, and jack gets some good experience and is only a few minutes away." said Monaghan.

29/11/11 Colne 3-1 Ashton Athletic 1 NW Counties League cup 3rd Round
It was a NW Counties Premier match up. Colne proved they were taking all the cups seriously and won this match in the usual slick fashion. In the 1st minute Leeroy Chinthengah signal Colne's intent waltzing through the defence and stroking the ball home beyound the keeper. Ger Rafter made it 2 meeting farro's cross on the far post,heading it across the face of goal and rolling in to the opposite corner.James Bower then pegged one bagged right on half time. The second half was slow in starting But young 16 yr old striker ben Johnson got himself noticed, with a wonderful half volley from a Harwood cross. That was his first competitive goal for the reds. The fans gave him a great ovation as he ran to celebrate with them...

Last edited: