Bringing Scotland Back - A Kris & djh1878 Story

Great start both of u...can see a ****** amazing story in the making

Call me Bill

William Martin arrived at Moor Park, Lanark roughly around 12:15pm, 15 minutes late. Kris Jackson had arrived at the ground around 11:40 to avoid any chance of being late. He was always very **** when it came to timekeeping and his new boss late arrival did not help with his anxiety.

William Martin or Bill to those who know him well was a 58 year old, retired construction worker who went onto run his own firm, WMC Ltd. A local construction firm with a strong reputation in and around the South Lanarkshire area, Martin has made quite a name for himself over the years, he is a Lanark patriot and Lanark United proudly wear WMC Ltd on their jersey’s.

Now of course the business was in the hands of his oldest son, Stephen. William still offers part time assistance as well as running Lanark United.

His hand gripped Jackson’s like a vice as they exchanged pleasantries. Martin pulled out set of old rusty keys to open the one main gate into the ground. Moor Park was no different to most parks at this level, with many ways for people to sneak in and out of the ground with minimal effort. Young children and even the odd group of adults have been found having a kick about in the ground.

Both let out a cold shiver as they opened they entered the main office, this broke into two small desks and an office that the junior accountant in his own office would not have been remotely satisfied with. As he took a look around his new chairman grabbed his shoulder.

‘Welcome to Lanark’

Last edited:
Great comination of writers.
Interesting story, I'll follow.

Looking forward to following this one Kris. As you probably know, I love the lower league management stories.

Far too many of the junior teams are in the wrong leagues! Kelty and Tayport in the Caledonian league and Hill Of Beath in the south league? Wrong!

Good idea though!