Bristol City sign David James

• Thread starter Thread starter Mally
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 56
  • Views Views 4K
He has guarenteed wages at Bristol City.
Funny. He has guaranteed wages at Portsmouth, we're only still in admin because creditors rejected a deal. All players are being paid and have been for quite a few months straight now.

I must be the only one who remembers "Calamity James" :P I know he's a good shot stopper, I just don't think he looks safe when he's the one stood between the posts.

Bristol City, since when did you have the funds, let alone a good team!?

bad move for james, good move for Bristol city
how is it a bad move?

1) He has the chance to end his playing career as a hero, not 'Calamity James'
2) Bristol City will be able to pay him week in week out (No disrespect to Pompey - 2 of my clubs have had serious cash issues recently)
3) You thought that he may not want to play for a club he couldnt stop getting relegated?

Arsenal should have signed him for a year IMO

He didn't want to be back-up he wanted to be number 1. Or are you saying sign him and actually play him as Arsenal's number 1?

I must be the only one who remembers "Calamity James" :P I know he's a good shot stopper, I just don't think he looks safe when he's the one stood between the posts.

Nearly all keepers make mistakes in there early parts of there careers but David James has been one the best keepers in England over the past few season and is more than capable retaining the England number 1 even if he is playing for Bristol City.

Really bad decision imo, he should of gone to Arsenal :P. Nah, jokes but I think Tottenham, Newcastle and Wolves could do with his experience and skill :)

It's almost as if he was paid to do this XD (Just proving a point that he didn't just **** up in the early part of his career)
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PuZm-53v96k&feature=related"]YouTube- David James Blunder[/ame]

Fair enough for his family reasons but for football is quite bullshit tbh. He no doubt would of been first team here, we offered him a contract before the World Cup and then withdrew it around half a week ago because he said 'he wanted to go to a bigger team', and then he went to Bristol City who are in the same division as us and arguably aren't a bigger team.

We offered him around £10-20k a week, so god knows what Bristol City offered him..

But yes, the bitter taste will leave my mouth soon Andy. ;)

You are not the only Pompey fan with a bitter taste in the mouth right now Max!

Pompey isn't exactly a big commute from Devon and didn't seem to have been a problem when the club were successful. GL to James but just like when Redknapp went don't expect us Pompey fans to still think you are some sort of hero.

You are not the only Pompey fan with a bitter taste in the mouth right now Max!

Pompey isn't exactly a big commute from Devon and didn't seem to have been a problem when the club were successful. GL to James but just like when Redknapp went don't expect us Pompey fans to still think you are some sort of hero.
The only 'hero' at Pompey is someone we still have, King Kanu. ;)

Oh, and Richard Hughes :wub:

Really bad decision imo, he should of gone to Arsenal :P. Nah, jokes but I think Tottenham, Newcastle and Wolves could do with his experience and skill :)

Why? oO)

Gomes...Cudicini?

The only 'hero' at Pompey is someone we still have, King Kanu. ;)

Oh, and Richard Hughes :wub:
You're forgetting Sol Campbell :P Jokes...don't you like Ashdown though, he's been loyal!

---------- Post added at 04:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:39 PM ----------

Why? oO)

Gomes...Cudicini?
Gomes isn't the best keeper and Cudicini? Are you joking? That man is nowhere near Premier League level. Anyway, 'Arry said he wanted James in January :S

Bad move,but I dount there were many other suitors for him due to his age......I cant see him in a England shirt anymore now

Gomes isn't the best keeper and Cudicini? Are you joking? That man is nowhere near Premier League level. Anyway, 'Arry said he wanted James in January :S

Don't diss Gomes, probably the best keeper in the league :wub:

Back