Brothers In Arms; Enemies On The Touchline

Very nice start to this mate, liking the layout and the writing is good. This has potential to be one of the best if you keep it up :)

I'm following!

​Alex's Update Roundup
It's been better. Much better, in fact.
View attachment 241746View attachment 241745
[Note at this point I have deleted the image with our recent results on so I will have to recite them as best as I can].
4 wins and a loss isn't a bad return after that early season form, and we've beaten some decent sides. AA Gent, Cercle Brugge, KV Kortrijk and Anderlecht were the teams to be beaten, with the former three all coming on our current spell heading into our Europa League tie and then the international break. A 3-0 win against high flying Kortrijk on their patch was excellent, plus the 4-1 derby win and a narrow 1-0 victory against Gent, puts us back in the title race with a nice game in hand (which would put us top should we win, we play Lokeren on December 3). Obviously we went into the Liege game on the back of our Europa League play-offs against AEL Limassol (which we won 4-4 on away goals (2-1, 3-2)), and we struggled towards the end, dropping our lead twice before a late strike saw them victorious 3-2.

In the Europa League, we played our first game against the big boys from Spurs, fighting well at the back to register a 1-1 draw at White Hart Lane. I'll take it!

So overall, a pretty good month. We play Oostende next month, so hopefully they'll drop some points beforehand and then we can properly capitalise on it and take the top spot and then hold it.

[This update was very short and a bit dull because I lost the image, will be improved for future updates :)]

Last edited:
View attachment 241373
I have to tell you, I've never felt better. I feel fit, loose and ready to kickstart my career again. Some would call me stupid to leave such a great job in Belgium, but this is what I was born to do. And nothing replaces it.
So here I am. At 31, I'm no pacey centre-half anymore, but I never was. But I have the intelligence on the pitch to make a difference.

Nicolas came through at PSG with me and he's a good friend, and when I spoke to him on the phone the other day it just seemed like fate when he offered me the chance to come over. I'm looking forward to it.

But maybe it was a bit cowardly the way I left. Leave on a high, you've just beat your brother. Seems like a get-out clause. But I will come back. Sometime.

So arriving late, just ten days before the season, I missed training and all of the warm-up games. I can't do much about that. Our first game is up against FC Goa, managed by Zico and featuring the likes of Robert Pires and Lucio. Luckily for us Pires is out injured, so defensively I imagine we won't be too troubled.
The boss seems a bit, well, English. He's got his old-fashioned, motivational ways and I don't really think he's making an impact on me and Nicolas, maybe more on the rest of the lads.

'Good afternoon folks from the Fatorda Stadium in Goa for one of the four opening fixtures of the inaugural Indian Super League, a short-term competition set up to promote football in the country. Goa are without marquee star Robert Pires but do have Brazilian international Lucio in their ranks, and Nicolas Anelka will have his work cut out to get past a man of his experience.

As for their opponents, Mumbai City, they have the aforementioned Anelka plus a late addition in fellow former French international Alex Bouvier, younger brother of the former Manchester United captain Francois.

We're underway!

16': Chance here, it's Nadaya down the right, Anelka late arriving - and it's there! Anelka opens the scoring, cutting the ribbon of the spectacle in the Indian Super League! Goa nil, MUMBAI ONE!
23': Miguel Herlein squares one up, dummies Friedrich, on the curler! Great strike, no movement from the 'keeper, Goa back level!
29': 29 minutes gone here, if you're just tuning in it's Goa one, Mumbai one - Nicolas Anelka with the strike just outside of the first quarter of an hour, cancelled out seven minutes later by Herlein. Corner here then, Kottayil to take - OH, scramble in the box - GOOOLLLLLLLLLL! I think Alex Bouvier got the decisive touch! Debut day goals for the Frenchmen, Mumbai back in front!
32': Poor restart from Goa, Bouvier holding picks out Nadaya, it's through to ANNNELLLKKAAAAA! 2 to the good again, Goa in pieces now!
36': Another corner here, poor marking, free header at the back post - ANNHILATION. That's the only word to describe it here. It's Pollalis at the far post, textbook header slammed into the ground and into the roof of the net. 4-1, what an opener here!
55': Hang on, Haidar's seen yellow already here, and in my book that's worthy of another - and the ref thinks so too! Goa's day goes from bad to worse!
82': Herlein is through again, inside right channel - oh what a finish! Once again, 'keeper grounded, smashed in to the top corner. Herlein thinks they can claw this back, probably too little too late now. 4-2.
91': Oh dear, that's poor, very poor in fact from Pollalis - oh and he's gone. Both down to 10, two yellows the deciders in both.
94': That's it then. 4-2 on the day for Mumbai, great start for Peter Reid's boys!
View attachment 241363

So yeah, bit of an unexpected turn to the say the least, a bit of a reverse but what I think I'll do is play this, sim season by season onwards (will upload brief, less frequent updates) to see where he goes and when he retires, and then he will be the basis of a FM16 story alongside his brother. Just thought it would be for the best and something different to follow :)