Bugged Libero role for testing/having fun

• Thread starter Daz2205
  • Start date
  • Replies 15
  • Views 7K
D

Daz2205

Start off by saying this tactic is not mine at all, credit where credit is due i think its the Vertical Tikka tactic, but...

Figured id share something that happened to me on my save where I now have a Libero role in a two man defence. My assistant suggested i play my central def in his more suitable role, that being a Libero but I'm playing a 4 man defence not a 3 where you mostly find the role in the middle of a three

I will note that if you click on the player on the tactics screen it changes it back to CD so best just literally not touch it, unless in game where you can switch from Support to Attack on the "Make Sub" tab. It certainly spices up the ME and displays some nice football. He is such an attacking threat!

I've also reported the bug but i figured why not let others see how a new role works in the ME! Enjoy!

Attachments

• Broken Libero.fmf
    42.8 KB · Views: 434
I noticed this hadn't got a lot of notice yet so I've spread the love around and told a few more people about it. There has to be a way to exploit and use it to break the game!

1575925816546.png

How have you found it play so far? I tried it for around 15 games towards the end of an abysmal season knowing the title couldn’t be defended (oops). I went on a 10ish win run averaging like 60/70% possession with the Libero controlling the games against weaker teams stepping up into midfield. I did however find that when he stepped up, opposition lone strikers targeted him with the space he left but the ME being what it currently is didn’t make those chances count (1v1, or simply just defended easily). I changed the tactic up a tad dropping to a 4man midfield with the widemen as Playmakers on Attack adding that more control and possession.

Genuinely feel the libero role “could” evolve in to a possible BPD (A) option and do rid of the ‘stopper’ role and change it to the mentioned ‘Attack’ minded role in a two CD set up.

To expand on this further, Perkunos from discord done the same method to get 3 Liberos at the back now.

Perkunos said:
To change the players instructions for the libero on the left and on the right, stay in the tactic overview panel (not the player specific one) and the small arrow on the right side, it will open a box and "edit instructions" is on the top-right corner. (If you try to edit them with the player instructions specific panel, they will revert down to normal central defenders)

That way you can also play them with a support duty

Attachments

• Liberos_Everywhere.fmf
    44.7 KB · Views: 292
I had a feeling this would somehow get broken even more, ha! I'm gonna test a possession tactic with this.

I'm sure someone will eventually break it fully with it or potentially other roles in different positions.

How have you found it play so far? I tried it for around 15 games towards the end of an abysmal season knowing the title couldn’t be defended (oops). I went on a 10ish win run averaging like 60/70% possession with the Libero controlling the games against weaker teams stepping up into midfield. I did however find that when he stepped up, opposition lone strikers targeted him with the space he left but the ME being what it currently is didn’t make those chances count (1v1, or simply just defended easily). I changed the tactic up a tad dropping to a 4man midfield with the widemen as Playmakers on Attack adding that more control and possession.

Genuinely feel the libero role “could” evolve in to a possible BPD (A) option and do rid of the ‘stopper’ role and change it to the mentioned ‘Attack’ minded role in a two CD set up.

I do not think it will make a much of a difference with the current ME. Si forums tagged "ball over the top" as in overhead passes behind the defence where defenders almost always in bad positioning and are not able to catch their man with 16-17 speed stats. It will happen with or without Libero.

Nevertheless, I remember amazin tactics (i think in 2018) using Libero in attacking role, hope ME gets patched quickly to try this out.

and @Danwolf please do not spread the word too fast to get patched :D

I do not think it will make a much of a difference with the current ME. Si forums tagged "ball over the top" as in overhead passes behind the defence where defenders almost always in bad positioning and are not able to catch their man with 16-17 speed stats. It will happen with or without Libero.

Nevertheless, I remember amazin tactics (i think in 2018) using Libero in attacking role, hope ME gets patched quickly to try this out.

and @Danwolf please do not spread the word too fast to get patched :D

Ah I doubt this will get patched, if it does we have the FMF files for it already :p. Would just have to see how they patch it.

I am trying to set up a tactic utilizing a back 3 with 2x liberos on the left and right hand side but it only offers libero in the centre - I followed the instructions on the earlier post in this thread via Perkunos but the option was not available................