Building a new Ukrainian Powerhouse: Dnipro

Nice work Fontanslb, id suggest a Centre back to partner Rusol, Dmytro Nevmyvaka or Vitaliy Vernydub :)

If I did any Ukraine save, I'd do it with dnipro for their viking logo (me thinks) and their colors (love me some blue!)

I Started a Game With Dnipro.
Sold a few Players and Fringe.

Tymoschuk was Transfer Listed £2.5m so I Bought Him.
I Bought Lugano for £3m
I Got Morimoto on 2 Year Loan
And Bought Marko Devic for £2.6m

Play 4-2-3-2 and So Far Played 26 W 23 D3. The 3 Draw's Were against Dynamo Kyiv Away and Shakhtar Home and Away. In The Europa League i Won My Group.

Top League. Top Club to be and very enjoyable.

I Started a Game With Dnipro.
Sold a few Players and Fringe.

Tymoschuk was Transfer Listed £2.5m so I Bought Him.
I Bought Lugano for £3m
I Got Morimoto on 2 Year Loan
And Bought Marko Devic for £2.6m

Play 4-2-3-2 and So Far Played 26 W 23 D3. The 3 Draw's Were against Dynamo Kyiv Away and Shakhtar Home and Away. In The Europa League i Won My Group.

Top League. Top Club to be and very enjoyable.

Very good, Lugano should be a top player for you. Instead of Morimoto you should have got someone like Balashov or Laercio. Devic is a good player, but where will you play him? Konoplyanka on the left and Giuliano on the right I suppose? So where do you play Devic?

Great guide . I know who i am starting with once i get bored of my Sunderland save. ;)

Great guide mate, I can't believe the progress Dnipro is making lately. I'm on a Dynamo save atm, but I've always wanted to give them a shot.

Great guide mate, I can't believe the progress Dnipro is making lately. I'm on a Dynamo save atm, but I've always wanted to give them a shot.

Nice, I managed Dynamo on fm10, even had a story about it. :) But I love Dnipro more ;)

i started a save recently with them...was deciding on only making a team of prospects and/or cheap signings..but then ended up spending big on Donovan and T. Ribeiro..They did win me the league in the 1st season itself and got me to the final of the Ukranian Cup..Now going to start the second season, with not much of a budget due to my lavish spending in the first season..and what I'm looking for are some Ukranian players to back up some players or even start..But sadly, most of the local talent and prospects are either in D. Kiev or Shakhtar, so they won't join me...So in a bit of a pickle atm..I have a very strong attack, so that's one area i don't need to worry about much

i started a save recently with them...was deciding on only making a team of prospects and/or cheap signings..but then ended up spending big on Donovan and T. Ribeiro..They did win me the league in the 1st season itself and got me to the final of the Ukranian Cup..Now going to start the second season, with not much of a budget due to my lavish spending in the first season..and what I'm looking for are some Ukranian players to back up some players or even start..But sadly, most of the local talent and prospects are either in D. Kiev or Shakhtar, so they won't join me...So in a bit of a pickle atm..I have a very strong attack, so that's one area i don't need to worry about much

Sorry for the late reply mate, here are a few Ukrainian gems which dont belong to Kiev or Shakhtar ;)

Roman Bezus - Vorskla
Vitaliy Vernydub - Metalurg Zp
Dmytro Nevmyvaka - Metalist Kharkiv
Vitaliy Balashov - Chornomorets Odesa

yeah...know all of em...these guys are pretty good for the league..but i wanted to build a Champions League winning squad..because i won the league 3 years in a row, so that kinda got boring...thanks anyways mate :)

I have recently started my new game with Dnipro, and when I found this thread it was interesting to read how other people are doing with Dnipro.
In my first season I finished third, but not far behind Shakhtar and Dynamo. Actually, I beat Dynamo heavily twice, and had much better goal difference, just to find out that in Ukraine main league sorting rule is number of games won.
Main acquisitions if first season were Rafael Toloi for 6m euros, Renan 1,8m, and two players for the future - Dennis Appiah 2,7m and Gianni Bruno 2,8m.
Somehow I lost in final qualification round for Europa league, but generally first season was satisfying.

Before the start of second season I decided to spend all the money available (. Much more high profile names wanted to come in second season.

I got Neymar for 26m, Raphael Varane for 8m, and Lucas Digne, Thorgan Hazard and Felipe Anderson among others.
I have qualified for Europa league, and enjoyed amazing start - 5:1 away win against Genoa.

My main aim in last two months in FM is improving league reputation. I tried to do that in Scotland with Hibernian, but Celtic and Rangers were letting me down all the time in Europe, so it was almost impossible. Here in Ukraine Dynamo and Shakhtar seem to be doing the same.

They bought no one in second season. They are still doing quite well in Europe, but without new players I don't think they will make much progress.

Very interesting. Ukraine is quite a different kettle of fish from western European leagues. I had a turn in 2010 with Olexandria. The big break in the middle of the season is very handy for injuries!