It's even funnier due to the fact you are Ra*gers.<)

I know wait a minute who won the league oh yeah we did GIRUY!!!!! Timothy

---------- Post added at 05:14 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:08 AM ----------

Yeah thanks i always thought my tempo was too high maybe 15 -18 lol although i would love to score nearly every shot like them! Anyway thanks habler will try taking most off long shots!!!!

I know wait a minute who won the league oh yeah we did GIRUY!!!!! Timothy

---------- Post added at 05:14 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:08 AM ----------

Yeah thanks i always thought my tempo was too high maybe 15 -18 lol although i would love to score nearly every shot like them! Anyway thanks habler will try taking most off long shots!!!!

Aye the first in 4 years..
The firesale will be starting soon at Mordor
That 30 Million pund of debt could rise and rise and rise.....|)

Ok had this kinda thing happen many a time ok obv you will miss chances except the cpu players but pro players aint that bad plus my players have better finishing and composure how can this be justified all the time i can show at least 10-20 games this has happened love this game but get frustrated with things like this especially when your kpr haredly saves a shot if the get a shot on target it goes in aaargh lol annoying.

i know wht u mean it is incredibly annyoing. the amount of time the opposition no matter who they are score with their first shot or first shot on target is ridicilous.
another thing i have noticed is quite often my players will get booked for their first foul even if it is just a trip in the cpu half. check at next game 4 it, look at ur fouls

2 theirs and bookings.
or when u get the best left back in the world(ashley cole) conceding 2 pens in 5 minutes. he rarely gives away a foul never mind a pen( or 2!)

yeah, i get yellow cards ALL the time for NOTHING?!:mad: but the opposition? nope... not a single... :p

---------- Post added at 05:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:16 PM ----------

Another thing i have noticed , i specifically buy CBs with minimum 14 pace and aceleration and yet i sometimes see their striker skinning them for pace regardless what stage of the match. The reverse is true for me , i buy strikers with incredible pace and acceleration 17 plus and yet they cant beat the opponenents CB who has 10 pace for speed.
I find if they have a fast winger or striker he will score or set up a goal - no matter what i do - if i push up he will skin the defence , if i drop back he will roll around my world class CB and have a clear cut.

---------- Post added at 05:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:16 PM ----------

Another thing i have noticed , i specifically buy CBs with minimum 14 pace and aceleration and yet i sometimes see their striker skinning them for pace regardless what stage of the match. The reverse is true for me , i buy strikers with incredible pace and acceleration 17 plus and yet they cant beat the opponenents CB who has 10 pace for speed.
I find if they have a fast winger or striker he will score or set up a goal - no matter what i do - if i push up he will skin the defence , if i drop back he will roll around my world class CB and have a clear cut.
I think your strikers speed with the ball, is not only defined by pace and acceleration, but also by his dribble skill and technique. Sometimes even first touch plays a role...

Yeh thats true but even if you factor all that in , my world class strikers still cant run past an old hoofer.

---------- Post added at 06:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:49 PM ----------

All my strikers have high pace , acceleration , technique , anticipation , off the ball ,dribbling, first touch composure and sometimes flare. They dont score as many as they should.

The OP also mentioned clear cuts - if u hit the inside of the post or the underside of the bar ( as seems to happen alot :p )the game doesnt register it a clear cut.

Lads there are plenty of people here able to dish out criticism to this fella.

Ok here are a few tips may or may not be any help to you with Rangers. Im the kind of FM manager who generally has a good defense with lots of goals from set pieces and midfield rather than a striker with a great record but its better than laughing at you conceding own goals.

- Your players are taking too many shots. Turn down Long Shots from your midfielders. They havent got the skill to take them and this will get them passing more and creating new chances.

- Sort out your own set pieces defensively and offensively. Ideally you'll have 4 men in the box (2 challenge keeper and a near post flick on and stand on back post), a winger taking the corner, the other winger offering a short option, two fullbacks in defense, a midfielder lurking outside box and your other midfielder going in attack/defense depending what way you need it. It wont solve your problem here but it will get you more goals.

- Think about the way you are using wingers. Are they crossing or not. In my current game I have 1 winger crossing a lot and one never. Its best option for my team. The guy who never crosses will instead look for a square ball or a shot himself while other winger likes to cross. Play about with it.

- With your strikers maybe have them run with ball and less long shots. They will make a beeline for a better goal scoring position. If you have a pacy striker try that with a good bit of creative freedom.

Sorry if these tips are a bit vague. Without seeing player ratings etc its hard to know what exactly will work. You just need to play around and you need to be willing to change from a winning tactic. Yes you beat Milan 3-1 but Milan play a different game to ICT. I know you should expect to win but you underestimated them, their manager didnt. You had 30 shots but they were probably hasty shots from range after being closed down by a good defensive system and then punished by a counter or set piece.