Buying you know who on FM 12 - the proof.

mccollio09

Reaction score
Just to confirm, and to let you know it is totally pointless considering how much and the fact he is 29... IT IS POSSIBLE:

View attachment 235576

I know what you're thinking. Yeah right, no way any club can afford that from a transfer budget:

View attachment 235577

This is not a cheat. It is ridiculous though and IMO not worth it. I only did it cos I had an absolutely mega huge transfer kitty, had won everything there is to win and had nothing else to do with the cash. End of the day I'm only going to get what? 3 quality seasons out of him.

So, let me just tell you how to mix this magic recipe together so that you can do it yourself.

You will need:
  • 1 decent team to start with, capable of challenging for the title and champions league after one season
  • To be extremely, extremely good in the transfer market, I probably averaged around a -50 million euro net spend per season until that 2016 date you see.
  • Re point 2: Do this by selling your top players at peak age (I did mine at 28/29 for most of them)
  • Get the biggest possible scout network you possibly can. Wait until trial day comes out, unclick unrealistic transfer targets and search players below 16. Filter search every attribute at about 13 and then ask for a match of say 13/56 (or however many it is) possible attributes. You'll find the best regens immediately. Grab the ones that want to come on a tribunal minimal compensation fee, the ones who aren't interested yet will be after around 3 months so create a shortlist.
  • To win a lot of trophies. In saying that I was pretty useless with Spurs for first two seasons (in comparison to some of the mods and members on here). I managed a Europa league first season, Carling cup second, but admittedly thereafter I did back to back prem and champs league doubles.
  • To get as many expansions of youth and training facilities as possible to either excellent or state of the art standard.
  • Increase junior coaching and youth network to their limits.
  • Expand your stadium as much as possible. The Spurs Perryman arena now holds a 65k capacity.
  • Make all your youth and training facilities at least 4.5 stars for fitness, attacking, everything.
  • I also got Masherano on a free and have bought Pedro in the past (although sold since), dunno if these help as they are amongst his preferred people.
  • Agree to as many feeder club deals as possible around the world for extra sponsorship (think by memory I have 5, a few in Japan, China and USA)
  • By following the majority of these steps, you'll have a club worth circa a billion euros in value and minimum third richest club in the world, which is where I was at present.
  • If all steps are followed, you'll get a massive takeover. Mine (If you go to funny random things thread, I just posted a screen) was bought by a Greek for 707 million and gave me a very nice 392 million transfer kitty. I'm also operating at 1 mill and a half below wage budgets so Messi's salary is peanuts.
So there you go. If you can be arsed and have a spare quarter of a billion... it is possible.

If anyone does question this and think I've cheated... I would hope that my honest reputation as a member on here would serve for something and if not... ask me for the save and give it a good examination if you like :)

Feel free to ask for advice. Just to clarify a few inevitable questions:

My assistant manager and scouts said he wasn't a realistic target and wouldn't be interested in signing at this time.
Barcelona wouldn't negotiate on price. The one time they did was for said contract release clause.
I didn't need to negotiate salary with Messi at all. he asked for 275k a week, I accepted and his agent came back to me with a yes a few days later.

I got him on a free transfer one time when he was 30, I have no idea how that happened.

When he hit 31 he went down hill so fast it was amazing, he couldn't get in my team after 1 season, still don't understand what happened.

Who's in your team?

Also, what was the agent fee?

Half are them are young regens now (like I said I scouted regens as early as possible extensively). From the orginal spurs team I still possess Bale, Walker, Sandro.

Real players include: Niang, Fierro, James Rodriguez, Eden Hazard, Jack Robinson, Ross Barkley, Vertongthen, Mascherano (old but good tutor), Danny Wilson, Andrea Consigli, Keisuke Honda, Kevin Stoger. Out of those, I only paid big money for Hazard and Barkley. Rest were below 10 million or end of contract deals.

Agent fee (I think - should have taken a screen on contract negotiations in hindsight) was 4.7 million euros.

Looks great, took a lot of effort by the looks of things, fancy uploading the save? I would love to try him outside of Barca

Ive never been able to buy him, but I have seen him move before. I remember on FM10 I saw him move to Spurs when he was like 35, and Ronaldo was at City

Half are them are young regens now (like I said I scouted regens as early as possible extensively). From the orginal spurs team I still possess Bale, Walker, Sandro.

Real players include: Niang, Fierro, James Rodriguez, Eden Hazard, Jack Robinson, Ross Barkley, Vertongthen, Mascherano (old but good tutor), Danny Wilson, Andrea Consigli, Keisuke Honda, Kevin Stoger. Out of those, I only paid big money for Hazard and Barkley. Rest were below 10 million or end of contract deals.

Agent fee (I think - should have taken a screen on contract negotiations in hindsight) was 4.7 million euros.

I would have thought that the agent fee was higher tbh, I've seen worse players have massive agent fee's.

Also how does Barkley tun out? I've got him on my United save.

Amazing that you got him, shame it was for Spuds though. Ross Barkley was immense for me at Arsenal. He was averaging over a 7.3 his first two seasons I had him.

Will upload the save tomorrow. Barkley is a first teamer for me. Think Gerrard's stats in the first season. He's 23 and pretty much already looks like that.

Also, how does kyle walker turn out? I'm thinking about signing him

I got him and Mascherano for free and very low wage! played him 1 season and sold him for 50M and Mascherano for 46M

you look like you got a good set up there, can you post a screen shot of the search filters for the Regens please

I bought him with Dortmund for 125M, but he was 31 already...Plus i didnt have a takeover, and my club is worth exactaly 1B. I also have only 140M to spend, dortmund is so cheap ¬¬

His contract with Barca is running out, he refuses to sign a new contract, so in the summer i'm throwing everything at him, in what will be a crazy bidding frenzy! Wish me luck

I got him in 2016 for 66m with hayes and yeading after a europa league and prem win.

To get Messi is hard, but getting a Greek to buy your club, seems like cheating to me.

Lol at comments, not in front of laptop but will post relevant screenshots. Bear on mind I got bored of being spurs on this save so now manager of mk dons on same one.