FM2011 Leaked info!!

SI have lost there way over the last three-four years. They need to listen to the old fans instead of trying to bring in new ones (like half the forums,these days)

The tactics engine is flawed, they should be so much simpler, tactic's should be formed around the players you have, there strengths and weakness' yet the game seems to be more about finding the flaws.

Most of the formations that work on this FM and even the last one are a bit 'out there' and would never be used in Modern day football.

Like Zeb has said, the media feature is boring and everyone hated it after ten minutes, Agents etc? please no.

So tempted to try fifa manager because I am fast getting sick of being ripped off by SI.

The same happened with pes, I lingered onto it for too long, nothing new was getting done and old problems got worse, then this years PES raped the life out of it.

FM peaked at FM 2007 for me, the best version ever. Going down hill now.

Kris dont buy FIFA Manager it is a joke, I bought Football Manager 2010 and FIFA manager 2010 on the same day last year, so far to date I have played FM10 for 947 hours and FIFA Manager 2010 for 24 hours it is a shocking waste of money, the main reason I bought it was for the online play but the only people ever online are a group of germans who wont allow you to join their game. Offline the game is extremely flawed and unrealistic too.

- More complex module for searching new players

I hope by complex, they mean more specific options to find the players with the right attributes.

SI have lost there way over the last three-four years. They need to listen to the old fans instead of trying to bring in new ones (like half the forums,these days)

The tactics engine is flawed, they should be so much simpler, tactic's should be formed around the players you have, there strengths and weakness' yet the game seems to be more about finding the flaws.

Most of the formations that work on this FM and even the last one are a bit 'out there' and would never be used in Modern day football.

Like Zeb has said, the media feature is boring and everyone hated it after ten minutes, Agents etc? please no.

So tempted to try fifa manager because I am fast getting sick of being ripped off by SI.

The same happened with pes, I lingered onto it for too long, nothing new was getting done and old problems got worse, then this years PES raped the life out of it.

FM peaked at FM 2007 for me, the best version ever. Going down hill now.

I see both of your points, and I agree with both to an extent. I agree that SI should focus on improving the game instead of implementing new features, but then again I suppose we would be moaning we would just be paying for a newer database if these new features weren't put in every year. So I'm undecided on this.

id say 2007 or 2008 where the best, but basically what kris said, they are making it look better for newer users, and not really improving on the more football side of it and just doing graphics... :/

Championship manager 01/02 was the best management game ever

It's sad Kris to be honest.

Paul came on the official forums after 10.3 and said "yeah, we know there's a corner bug which triggers from even default settings and you have to work around, but, we only do 3 patches a game so won't be fixing it until FM11". How's that right? "Your bug fix will cost another £30". I mean will they fix the problem of the centre backs being too easily parted positionally (known now for about three years) for 11? Or will they continue to rely on the 'super keeper' fix for that issue? Not saying it's an easy fix, but I'd rather they spent a year just nailing the match engine as it is into as close to perfection as they can get with existing code without adding stuff which doesn't actually work (like a lot of the PPMs which were removed for 10).

Made me think - this is the EA model isn't it? This isn't what the Collyers used to be about. I'd happily pay full price for essentially a season update if they hammered the code into shape and took on existing problems - just for one year, sit down and tweak the **** out of the game. But they're locked into this cycle now where they fear that sales will drop if they don't keep adding on bells and whistles. There's been a few on the official forum who've made the same point - there's no point looking for ways to drag in new players of the game if your existing base are leaving in droves because they want something which they can play over a longer term.

Personally, I'm convinced that a lot of the problems with long term career games aren't fixed because they aren't profitable for SI to fix. If I'm still playing an 09 career game when 11 is released, what money's in that for SI if they're releasing a new version every year which they want me to buy?

Tired of bug reporting stuff and having them ignore it or being told that it was something wrong my side. The graphical issue I posted a pic of above was a problem in February 2009 with the radeon 9.2 drivers for some cards, and it's still an issue even with FM 10.3 - but made worse by the fact that from FM 10.2 there is no workaround solution of using older radeon drivers. Issue their side now after two years of flagging it up and numerous people reporting it, but still not fixed - and it won't be because ultimately people like myself upgrade.

*shrug* I'm drunk and an old fart, but they're going to lose those who can afford to pay £30 a game and have been along for the ride from the original CM if they keep heading down this road.

/rant off ;)

Kris, if you want to stop buying Football Manager games, then by all means do so, but if your reasoning is that you're sick of feeding the corporate machine and being ripped off, then replacing it with a game created by EA is not a good way to go.

I completely agree with Kris, the games tactic engine relies purely on the player being able to find flaws in the system. The game is practically impossible to play unless you know some form of 'glitch' which can bag you unlimited goals. The game needs to rely a lot more heavily on the individuals within the squad.

I'd rather they just actually tried to make the game feel real like they used to, without adding unnecessary features that just waste my HDD. I'm slowly getting sick of FM and the way it's treating FM/ original CM fans in an attempt to bring in casual gamers. I mean maybe it is a FMrevolution, for example take this forum - most of you who have been here long enough will have seen the massive transition the forum has taken over the past 12 months maybe that is the future for FM and the new type of gamer is has reached, a pick up and play football simulation game that you anybody can be good at as long as they download the right tactic.

I hope they've taken this year to fix the bugs and try and get this back on track rather than trying to charge us £30 for the same dodgy game with a few new features. FIFA manager is starting to look appealing however my only problem with it is the price tag, now FM is just as expensive maybe I'll take a punt on it, at least there it won't crash after 18 months of playing.

Last edited:
Reading the rants make me miss the old CM days, there is one idea to get rid of the new users who only want the winning by banning uploading tactics and only supplying guides so less people come online use a pre made tactic and claim they are the greatest and their man city team is unbeatable. I won't happen but I feel it's the fact people aren't really playing and more downloading I don't see how people get fun out of winning by someone elses tactics. I guess that's the new player coming through. Ok new features are fun at the start but it's the core that is the game. I too would pay for the update for new season with no extra if they sat down for a year I went at making the game how it use to be. They need to stop going for the young " mum I want that game" Market for just one year, ok the money is there but if your not careful they'll end up like pes forgettin what made it great and losing the respect which made it

I believe it's kind of cheating to download pre-made tactics,but it's useful for players who don't have an idea about managing.I think fm shouldn't concetrate on 3d that much now and to do their best in match engine first,it's not the best idea to have cheating bugs and to see a st score 70 goals/season.Second,the game needs an improvement to new game creating and reckon that not all the pcs that have the new fm in their hard disks are powerful.The agents introduction idea is great,it takes a very important role in football transfers nowadays.

fm2011.jpg

I iwll proberly get for christmas. :S

Nothing new is there? Just the little updates for the graphics and this and that.

Update to the databse and BAM you pay more money.

I wanted a more revolutionary thing where more was changed, such as player reactions and dirty tricks like cheating to get since it happens right?

All these small background things to make players more realistic and interviews not as repetitive.

I completely agree with Zeb.

Just tweak the match engine and all that they have at the moment to make it as good as they can and build from there.

Obviously, they'd have to add in a couple of new features though.

Kris, if you want to stop buying Football Manager games, then by all means do so, but if your reasoning is that you're sick of feeding the corporate machine and being ripped off, then replacing it with a game created by EA is not a good way to go.

Sigh, another person who has some sort of vendetta against EA?

My reason is that I am sick of paying £30 for a game which adds shiny new features but won't fix the previous games faults.

I hope this isnt true!

Only adding in two things that really change the gameplay (Improved training and Agents) seems to me to be a bit weak really.

Especially when developers have forums like this in which to ask for feedback or even do some beta testing.