FM2011 Leaked info!!

Kris, if you want to stop buying Football Manager games, then by all means do so, but if your reasoning is that you're sick of feeding the corporate machine and being ripped off, then replacing it with a game created by EA is not a good way to go.

That's a bit of a harsh statement, EA practically have a monopoly over all sport games, however they produce good games, admittedly they do try to sponge as much money as possible through add-ons however it wasn't too long ago that gamers were crying out for more DLC so it's a vicious circle for EA, a lose, lose situation..

Just reading Kris' comment up there..

I do agree, first of all they should concentrate of the current Bugs & Faults.
Make the game more Realistic,
And then add new features.

Release date is the day after my 19th birthday. A little present to myself I think :)

---------- Post added at 11:24 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:22 AM ----------

Oh lol, AidTheBoss. I'm pretty much best friends with one of the 2 guys that do the site :)

Is it just me or on the front of the ball on the game cover does it have the EPL logo? Prehaps they've got the rights for the Premiership this season?

Is it just me or on the front of the ball on the game cover does it have the EPL logo? Prehaps they've got the rights for the Premiership this season?

It certainly looks like it.... Is that the official front cover for the game though?

Wasnt there mention some time ago of EA and Sega teaming up at some point to bring out a manager game?

Firstly just to clear up some of the rumours about FM 11. Miles Jacobson (Studio Director at Sports Interactive) has said this...

"some of it is accurate, some of it is not. We will not be making any further statements at this time."

So please take the info with a pinch of salt as some it is bullshit.

Now, onto my bit...

I think that fact that the Tactics section on FM-Base is the most visited, by far, says a lot about the FM series. It is too difficult tactically and, like Kris and a few others have already mentioned, tactics rely too much on breaking the match engine.

For me the only thing FM has going for it is the player database and player development. For myself there's nothing more I like than scouring through the thousands of useless players and finding a rough diamond who I can nurture for years to come and hope he turns out well. If it wasn't for that I wouldn't even play FM.

The graphical look of the game isn't great either. The default skin for FM 2010 was a huge leap forward though and I hope they continue improving the look of the game. FIFA Manager 11 is just a totally different sort of game, but I do prefer the way they present the game in some areas..

fifam11pcscrnofflineplayerinfoparkeng.jpg

It's still essentially a lot of data but they present it in a much more user friendly way. I'm looking forward to seeing the new skin on FM 2011 and will be very disappointed if nothing has improved.

Last edited:
The tactics set up is a bit weird, I mean how many tactics do you see that would actually work in real life. Mr Hough's tactic (no disrespect) would get ripped apart in real life simply because there is no width to it.

I would love to see a game where more motivational skills are needed rather than having the perfect tactic. How many of us use a standard 4-4-2 in the game nowadays? A number that is a lot lower than it should be I feel.

The tactics set up is a bit weird, I mean how many tactics do you see that would actually work in real life. Mr Hough's tactic (no disrespect) would get ripped apart in real life simply because there is no width to it.

I would love to see a game where more motivational skills are needed rather than having the perfect tactic. How many of us use a standard 4-4-2 in the game nowadays? A number that is a lot lower than it should be I feel.

Well alot of the top clubs have played a 4-3-3 this season..... I play a 4-5-1, changing to a 4-4-2 if i need another goalscorer.

Well alot of the top clubs have played a 4-3-3 this season..... I play a 4-5-1, changing to a 4-4-2 if i need another goalscorer.

But it is more of a 4-3-3 with wingers / Wide strikers.

I feel there is alot to sort out with the game, but alas, I shall still be buying it when it comes out.

I hope this isnt the end of the road with FM, each year ive looked forward to it, wanted to see what happens. Hoping they would update something massive... And really all what they have give us since 05 is press confrences, Better transfer market, New skin, 3d view and few other tiny things...

Each year FIFA comes out they give us a brand new feature.. Eg, Become a pro.. Makes you think WOW. Were as FM give us like a new skin and it makes it look massive difference... I stopped buy pro evo, as someone said, because it couldn't keep up with fifa. I hope i dont have to stop buying FM because it cant keep up with CM or FIFA manager.

RIP FM ? :(

If FM was in the hands of EA, FM10 would require 200 GB hard disk, 12 GB RAM, quad core of 12GHz each. I have other motives of grip against EA, but they're too long, including demos with heavily reduced requirements from full game.

FM09 and FM10 have a performance much better than that of FM05, for one.

And yes, bells and whistles, that's what happens for asking 3d graphics for a game of managerial type that is suppossed to be about tactic and theoretical football knowledge, rather than seeing Gerrard's balls shifting under his shorts.

And now asking 3d stadiums that one can design. Blerg.

I do agree with the request that the new versions should focus heavily on solving the match engine flaws than anything else (the corners, my centrebacks running to mark on the half of the rival's half of pitch even when set to minimal close down...) and that maybe too much focus is given to the casual gamers that just want pretty colors (get rich fast scheme: make a keleidoscope game); and I also expressed somewhere else that I would like more if each year SI would sell at the right price a bug fix patch bigger than that of mid season along with a database update, to keep new full games with full price for the years where they have enough new features to add as to make it be enough improvement as to be really a step forward.

And yes, it can go a slope down in the future and, as everything, sooner or later FM will decay, but I wouldn't think the fall is now. Maybe it's began? Can be, in the moment the updates are yearly, I'd say it's a sign.

I will buy it, because as I said more than once, the FM programmers are the only I know that seem to improve performance and seem to care for clean and elegant code, while most of the rest seem to consider increased computer power as increased room to absorb bad code and less need to care to make it efficient and working in the least amount of lines, judging by some cases of what was done with much weaker computers and is done later needind way stronger ones. And that virtue of the SI programmers make me hold hopes that the fall is not yet to come.

As for the download of tactics I can understand them when done in two ways: for those who haven't yet got a hold of the game and uses them as a means to see how something that works works, and see the effects of changes to that (I thought at my start with the game to do that, though I never did take that path), or for those is that they want to play the technical director, and since you can't hire a coach to do the coaching (taking vacations don't just get the team in your assistant's hands) they go to hire tactics they download. The later in turn makes me understand the player section and who's best as the other way for those who would want to have the staff handle the signings but instead would choose to use forums. The flaw of both is that it's not as much as getting the opinion that could be wrong for something that has been tested to be superior, which takes off from it. I've not used either, because to me the tactic creation is the core of what a managerial game is, so taking a team to success with my tactics is what I seek. On the section, I will say I was disppointed the first time I visited it, since I expected it to be akin to one subforun in another site, a place to discuss and analyse tactics in FM and real football.

But what I really really hate, is the every year November-January flooding of "this game sucks, it cheats, short it out because I lost, thousand shots no goals and lost, guuuh graaaaaa huuuuu". It reminds me of a Quino's comic strip of his Mafalda series, when a small kid watches his sister's friends playing chess, he asks about the game and is told the player that does checkmate wins, one will win, so the kid goes to ask "So for what does the other play?". So I would apply it here: if you don't want to admit defeat, then don't play.

Last edited:
the tactics thing ******* ****** me off. i spend months trying to make and play a real life tactics, whihc the game cant even implement properly and thus you get punished for it, when someone else makes a game breaking tactics and achieves perfect success. you can get away with ridiculous 4-1-5 formations, but you cant even make zona mista. what the ****????

i dont want new features. i want a game that works. i want an ai that isnt completely useless at corners

all i want is new skin.. return to your roots SI... this white skin for me isn't good at all

But what I really really hate, is the every year November-January flooding of "this game sucks, it cheats, short it out because I lost, thousand shots no goals and lost, guuuh graaaaaa huuuuu". It reminds me of a Quino's comic strip of his Mafalda series, when a small kid watches his sister's friends playing chess, he asks about the game and is told the player that does checkmate wins, one will win, so the kid goes to ask "So for what does the other play?". So I would apply it here: if you don't want to admit defeat, then don't play.

YouTube- I Will Survive (Football Manager 2008)

Like the addition of agents as it will make the game much more realistic although could create a lot of bugs and make it more difficult to buy players.

On the section, I will say I was disppointed the first time I visited it, since I expected it to be akin to one subforun in another site, a place to discuss and analyse tactics in FM and real football

this bit i do agree with you, death ball. when the season i might start doing thing where i pick a match from zonalmarking.net and use their analysis to try and replicate the real life formation into FM, with input from everyone else

I completely agree with Kris, the games tactic engine relies purely on the player being able to find flaws in the system. The game is practically impossible to play unless you know some form of 'glitch' which can bag you unlimited goals. The game needs to rely a lot more heavily on the individuals within the squad.

I'd rather they just actually tried to make the game feel real like they used to, without adding unnecessary features that just waste my HDD. I'm slowly getting sick of FM and the way it's treating FM/ original CM fans in an attempt to bring in casual gamers. I mean maybe it is a FMrevolution, for example take this forum - most of you who have been here long enough will have seen the massive transition the forum has taken over the past 12 months maybe that is the future for FM and the new type of gamer is has reached, a pick up and play football simulation game that you anybody can be good at as long as they download the right tactic.

I hope they've taken this year to fix the bugs and try and get this back on track rather than trying to charge us £30 for the same dodgy game with a few new features. FIFA manager is starting to look appealing however my only problem with it is the price tag, now FM is just as expensive maybe I'll take a punt on it, at least there it won't crash after 18 months of playing.
when i first started playing FM(i started with fm09)i was trying to use real life tactics to win games and i kept losing although in theory when i analysed everything i noticed i should of been winning games.I mean lionel messi one on one with celta vigos very average kepper five times in a row and he misses them ALL.some people say sometimes no matter what you do the game somtimes goes against you and it does.after i realised the flaws i started to play absolute joke tactics that would normally woud be ripped apart and i was winning.SI need to sort the engine out