Can Barcelona Tactics really be emulated in FM11?

Thanks for the comments...I believe Barca made a grave mistake in letting go of Ibra....he gave them more options in attack and gave them a sort of 'Plan B'

Reading Reggaezal comments I'm of the believe that the attributes that are the least effective in the game is Decisions, Anticipation, Positioning and versatility, these attributes should be telling the match engine that the players are capable or not of such technique to switch roles when needed. maybe SI should create a roaming attribute to link with the others.

A good read, when trying to make my own Barca-like tactics I also had problems in balancing the midfield, I struggled to find a system whereby all the 3 midfielders played well, no matter what I did I would always have one of the midfielders averaging less than 7.1 and a specific problem of Xavi and Iniesta playing too close together. Any ideas on this?

Reading Reggaezal comments I'm of the believe that the attributes that are the least effective in the game is Decisions, Anticipation, Positioning and versatility, these attributes should be telling the match engine that the players are capable or not of such technique to switch roles when needed. maybe SI should create a roaming attribute to link with the others.
sorry i have to strongly disagree with that. to play the kind of football barca play those attributs are vitally important. the roaming attritbute you talk about comes from the players off the ball, anticpiation, decisons, work rate. i play a fluid passing game not too dissimilar to barca and its theses kind of intellgent players that are vital, in fact i go for mental stats more than anything else

A good read, when trying to make my own Barca-like tactics I also had problems in balancing the midfield, I struggled to find a system whereby all the 3 midfielders played well, no matter what I did I would always have one of the midfielders averaging less than 7.1 and a specific problem of Xavi and Iniesta playing too close together. Any ideas on this?

In a typical Barca Tactic, Iniesta is given way more attacking freedom than Xavi....u will have to tweak their settings to get the best out of all 3 Midfielders...Make Iniesta Mentality more attacking I should think

I dont believe they can possibly be emulated in FM 2010, people may come quite close but you just cannot make the freedom occur.

We will have to wait for the FM11 demo to see if we can improve on it for the next game and I will help if anyone wants it :)

I dont believe they can possibly be emulated in FM 2010, people may come quite close but you just cannot make the freedom occur.

We will have to wait for the FM11 demo to see if we can improve on it for the next game and I will help if anyone wants it :)

No chance of emulating it in FM10 and after the announcement video I am not too confident of doing it in FM11 either:S

it's a nice thing to aim for. maybe you'll never get there, but that's not really a problem. the aim keeps existing which is actually quite nice

sorry i have to strongly disagree with that. to play the kind of football barca play those attributs are vitally important. the roaming attritbute you talk about comes from the players off the ball, anticpiation, decisons, work rate. i play a fluid passing game not too dissimilar to barca and its theses kind of intellgent players that are vital, in fact i go for mental stats more than anything else

What I was trying to get across is that these attributes are vital for for this type of tactic but the match engine doesn't or cant use them effectively hence the idea of a roaming attribute to piece them all together for the type of style of play required.

What I was trying to get across is that these attributes are vital for for this type of tactic but the match engine doesn't or cant use them effectively hence the idea of a roaming attribute to piece them all together for the type of style of play required.
im my experience it does, but its not the roaming thats the problem, its the type of roaming, ie lateral movement, that isnt replicated in the game, thats something that is flawed regardless of attributes. ie you have no way of controlling where your players roam, which is vital in barca's tactic. i think we are looking at the same point, but from different viewpoints?

What i would really like to see is that when a player swaps position he can adopt a different Role and Duty...for eg. when Messi swaps position with Pedro he becomes an Adv Playmaker instead of being an Inside Forward

What i would really like to see is that when a player swaps position he can adopt a different Role and Duty...for eg. when Messi swaps position with Pedro he becomes an Adv Playmaker instead of being an Inside Forward

This is very common in real life, for example in United, Nani/giggs often swapped flanks with ronaldo, and no matter which side ronaldo was at, he was more of an inside forward rather than a winger. Having evra on the left meant even if nani/giggs was on the left, theyd continue to cut in because evra being a very dependable wingback could handle the flank on his own.

If fm2011 manage to get this going, its going to be really interesting.

This is very common in real life, for example in United, Nani/giggs often swapped flanks with ronaldo, and no matter which side ronaldo was at, he was more of an inside forward rather than a winger. Having evra on the left meant even if nani/giggs was on the left, theyd continue to cut in because evra being a very dependable wingback could handle the flank on his own.

If fm2011 manage to get this going, its going to be really interesting.

I agree...but really implementing all this would require too much processing power aswell as they would have to write all this somehow into the system which is really not possible with our current technology

What they can do is---

1.Allow players to have different roles and duties when they swap positions

2.Somehow merge the classic witht he wizard way of doing this

busquettes plays best as a deep lying play maker behind iniesta xavi. i

---------- Post added at 04:05 PM ---------- Previous post was yesterday at 09:59 PM ----------

Your tactics to 4-3-3 4-1-3-2 ... villa 34goli 21 matches ... messi 54 goals 23mecz

busquettes plays best as a deep lying play maker behind iniesta xavi. im unbeaten in first 2 seasons in my barca game playing attacking 4-5-1 messi advanced playmaker on the right, pedro inside forward on the left. ibrahimavic advanced forward. xavi supporting, iniesta attacking. play with width and quick tempo high up the pitch. man marking and you will be near enough unbeatable

busquettes plays best as a deep lying play maker behind iniesta xavi. im unbeaten in first 2 seasons in my barca game playing attacking 4-5-1 messi advanced playmaker on the right, pedro inside forward on the left. ibrahimavic advanced forward. xavi supporting, iniesta attacking. play with width and quick tempo high up the pitch. man marking and you will be near enough unbeatable

You misunderstood the whole point of the Thread probably cos u could not be arsed enough to read the OP.....we are trying to emulate Authentic Barcelona Tactics here not your winning Tactic

Admitedly I haven't read every post in this thread but i just wondered if anyone had tried deploying busquets as part of a 3 man defence in an attempt to replicate the tactics used against Athletico Madrid a couple of weeks ago. I was thinking a formation something like:

Valdez

-------- Puyol --- Busquets --- Pique --------
Alves ------------------------------------ Maxwell
-------------- Iniesta ------- Xavi ----------------
Messi ----------------------------------- Pedro
---------------------- Bojan -----------------------

With Busquets set as a Ball Playing Defender with his mentality changed to make him more attacking than both Puyol and Pique, and roam from position on so that he drifts out from the defensive line with the ball. Pique/Puyol should also have thier wing play set to 'move into channels' to try and replicate that aspect.

Gonna try and test this later on btw.

---------- Post added at 07:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:40 PM ----------

Gonna try and test this later on btw.

This didn't work too well tbh, I just played the Spanish Super Cup against Athletic and overall won 6-5 but they 2nd leg(home) i lost 4-2.

I used the first leg to test all kinds of things, I didnt go for more than like 5 mins without changing something significant and eventually got it down to something I though worked preety well.
I had to deal with injurys to Messi and Iniesta so Henry and Toure came in. The basic changes were;
- the two wingers came more central, playing behind Bojan.
- Pique and Puyol moved outwards to Full-Back, thier mentallity was set very defensive and generally they behaved well
-Maxwell/Dani Alves moved up beside Xavi/Toure and were set to defensive wingers.

Analysis;
--The shape at the back with Pique and Puyol wide with Busquets dropping in was achieved and worked quite well when I had possesion however it left me quite susceptible to long balls.
-Most of the long bals played however were either cut out by Busquets or cleaned up by Valdez/Pique/Puyol which I was pleasently suprised with.
-However all 4 of thier goals came from balls over the top which Llorente got to first.
-The 4 goals they did score were the only oppurtunities they had which weren't speculative long range efforts though.
-The front 3 were preety innefective going forward but defended well
-Dani Alves/Maxwell were too willing to get down the line and cross the ball, which wasn't likely to come off considering who was playing upfront.

I am going to try and fix this a little bit, If I can get my players to look long less and for Alves/Maxwell to look to pass inside more then I think this may be able to work against lesser teams. I don't think it will work against teams who play 2 strikers or who have very quick wingers though :(.

BUMP.

I'm trying to make a series of Barcelona tactics, the standard and the alternate 4-2-4, and although I'm getting the success, i.e the goals and the possession, Xavi is still a SOB, i got close on FM10 to getting him his passes, but this year, he's at an all time low, only making 27 passes at times.

I thought with the new, improved ME, that using similar tactics and such would've got me there, but this year it's just not happening and i dunno how to sort it :/