mantorras77

Reaction score
What a great World Cup overall so far! In the spirit of this World Cup fever i've decided to see if I could take a tactic plug it in to Portugal and see if I could take this squad that Paulo Bento assembled and lead them to glory in Brazil!

Tactic
Eliminated
CallamityWIN ovr Germany
TYLERBODE: BLITZ TACTIC 14.3*WIN ovr Germany
FetishFinal to England
4-4-2 back to basic by andrichbrandFinal to Germany
ValentinoFinal to Holland
Bincia - VOLANTESemis to Italy
ReadyGo14.3.0Semis to Spain
RIKI-TIKI-TAKASemis to Italy in pks
5-3-2 CrackdownQtrs to Nigeria
Arturo SP IIQtrs to France
Danilo w/Diavolo1992Qtrs to Switzerland
JuggsQtrs to Switzerland
L 4-2-3-1 RSAQtrs to France
Lokito - Strike Back (14.3.1)Qtrs to France
Mourinho Chelsea tenbaek counterattack tacticsQtrs to France
Mr L 7-2-1 Counter-Ninjas (14.3.1)Qtrs to Argentina
Shots GaloreQtrs to Switzerland
SoareleRasare Barcelona `09 v14.3.0Qtrs to Argentina
Supreme Tottenham 4-2-3-1 - tweakQtrs to Bosnia & Herzegovina
TFF_UNREAL_V4Qtrs to France
van Gaal BetaQtrs to Argentina
1.0 FdB - Tactical Genius - By Koen1st rd to Russia
343 Killer by Veez v31st rd to Belgium
Danilo1st rd to Belgium
GengenV31st rd to Belgium
Home (fm-korea)1st rd to Belgium
Lokito - Breaking Bad 14.3 (Reg)1st rd to Belgium
Nezza's New World Order ( V.1 )1st rd to Belgium
Teen Titans1st rd to Algeria
3-2-3-2 SP ED 3412 Vodu by cragswfcgroup stage
4-2-3-1 Balancedgroup stage
4-2-3-1 Art Arsenal LIFgroup stage
0 Emirates 14.3.1group stage
3-5-2 HSV v12group stage
4231 Benfica Caponegroup stage
4-2-3-1 crazy attackgroup stage
4-4-2 Capone Weird Transitiongroup stage
Ancelottis Real Madrid (433)group stage
ART OF FOOTBALL v2group stage
bagdadcowboy 2.0group stage
Bumblebee 2014group stage
Exterminatorsgroup stage
From Nothing To Somethinggroup stage
its a mariolicious xmas tree 3-4-2-1group stage
Jespers 3-5-2group stage
JP's Blitz tactic (overload)group stage
Locksmith MrH Tweakgroup stage
Magic Box by Artisangroup stage
Mourinhogroup stage
NuevaDevi 4321W v1.1group stage
PPP HOME 14.3.1group stage
Steatons Donny Roversgroup stage
Steatons Invincible 4-2-3-1 Marcello Tweakgroup stage
Steaton's Invincible 4-2-3-1 v2group stage
Steatons Total Annihilation v2group stage
Telsagroup stage
TFF_Perfection _V2group stage
The Man Utd Way by andrichbrandgroup stage
TheFinalCut Tweaked SPgroup stage
TIKI TAKA ALA PEP GUARDIOLA V2group stage
Triple H's 4-2-3-1 Deepgroup stage
Wingers Paradise!group stage

NOTE: This doesn't mean that any one tactic is better than the other. The goal here is to see if it was possible if I could lead Portugal with its original squad to a World Cup win using downloadable tactics. All tactics used were far from being fluid.

After spending the last week testing it wasn't until last night where I first plugged in the tactic 4-4-2 back to basic by andrichbrand and this tactic so far is the only tactic that allowed me to win all 3 group games and then took me to the Final beating Brazil in semis 2-0. It was heart break in the Final as I lost to Germany 2-0. They got their revenge after i beat them in the Group Stage. I had an unfit squad for that final which didn't help. C.Ronaldo finished runner-up for the Golden Boot.

The last tactic of the night I plugged in was Callamity. Now those who follwed my Tactics Testling League are very familiar with Callamity as his tactic was consistently good patch after patch after patch. It delievers once again becoming the first tactic to allow Portugal to win the World Cup beating Germany in the Final 2-0. Now was there luck along way , of course!!! You don't win witout luck.

View attachment 367950 Had some luck needing only one win to advance out of the Group Stage

View attachment 367949 Had some luck with the nations I was drawn against

Luck was on my side vs Nigeria and especially vs Italy
View attachment 367948View attachment 367947View attachment 367946

but in the Final it was all Portugal!
View attachment 367945

and all that mattered was this:
View attachment 367944

Let me also add that the only tactic that allowed C.Ronaldo to win Golden Boot was RIKI-TIKI-TAKA.

July 8, 2014 UPDATE

Just finished testing Tylerbode Blitz tactic-14.3 (best) and happy to report that it becomes only the 2nd tactic to allow Portugal to win the World Cup beating Germany 2-0 in the Final.

I will mark it with an asterisk tho as it wasn't with the "original" squad as I "chose" to call-up Danny for the injured Vieirinha after the USA game and that proved a difference maker as Danny made a big impact. None the less this is not the first time i've done this in testing these tactics but never really made a difference.

View attachment 631857 View attachment 631860 View attachment 631865 View attachment 631868 View attachment 631870

This is how I lined up: Nani started the first 2 games for me I then replaced him with Danny as I felt Danny better fit the role.

View attachment 631866

Great individual stats from some of my players as you can see from the World Cup stats above.

Last edited:
Try the fetish tactic, could suit Portugal (Ronaldo in particular)

Thanks for the test. And once again you did a good job mate. Keep up the great work!

Very good idea indeed, quite surprised we won haha some of those tactics vastly out performed mine in other tests.
Thanks for the test and complete agreement with andrichbrand

Very good idea indeed, quite surprised we won haha some of those tactics vastly out performed mine in other tests.
Thanks for the test and complete agreement with andrichbrand

I know I expected to have much better results with some of the other tactics. I don't know know how to explain it. I mean you only have 3 games to work and tactics are far from fluid. It just is what it is.

any chance you could upload this database mate? would be great to play the world cup, something different.

any chance you could upload this database mate? would be great to play the world cup, something different.

Sure can!

I downloaded the save file which had the groups and managers fixed from Sortitoutsi.net so credit to that site for it. I then just fixed all the rosters and also tried to fix all the formations as best I could.

Also, some players just weren't in the database (or I couldn't find them) so I couldn't add them to their respective rosters. They are:

Cameroon
Should be Cédric Djeugoué instead of Benoit Angbwa

Ivory Coast
Should be Sylvain Gbohouo instead of Vincent Angban

Uruguay
Should be Diego Forlán instead of Sebastian Fernandez

South Korea
Should be Kim Chang-soo instead of Kim Do-Heon
Should be Yun Suk-young instead of Ko Yo-Han
Should be Hwang Seok-ho instead of Yeom Ki-Hoon
Should be Han Kook-young instead of Lee Seung-Gi

Enjoy!!!

Download

Great idea Mantorras, France really is our "besta negra" :D, as it always eliminate us in the competitions !! Hehe

Isn't it obvious that Portugal can't win the WC with this tactics or with anyother....? :)

Just tested Portugal with the FETISH TACTIC. OP table updated. Made it to the Final beating France and Holland along the way. Fell short in the final to England losing 2-1. CR7 finished tied with Drogba in the Golden Boot race each with 5 goals.

View attachment 365727

Hey! Wanna give my tactic a go? I think it will be perfect for Ronaldo! But you have to use my mirror version, so Ronaldo is the IF on the leftwing. :)

View attachment 365703

Finished Testing The Final Cut by callamity but I didn't get out of the group stage with it.

Hey! Wanna give my tactic a go? I think it will be perfect for Ronaldo! But you have to use my mirror version, so Ronaldo is the IF on the leftwing. :)

View attachment 622569

Made it to the Qtrs. with this tactic but got beat by France 4-0. Interesting CR7 only got 1 goal in the AML position but it was my F9 Helder Postiga that netted 4 in the tourney.

View attachment 365665

Finished Testing The Final Cut by callamity but I didn't get out of the group stage with it.

Lol that's unfortunate, it is a bit more attacking, maybe the international scene prefers more defensive set ups. Would have expected it to perform better as it did in my own testing. Oh well.

Thanks for giving it a go mate

Lol that's unfortunate, it is a bit more attacking, maybe the international scene prefers more defensive set ups. Would have expected it to perform better as it did in my own testing. Oh well.

Thanks for giving it a go mate

Yea it could have been just a random result as well!

Finished Testing From Nothing to Something tactic by morshwartz but I didn't get out of the group stage with it.