Can Regan become the new special one? - Chelsea Story - 10.3

Status
Not open for further replies.
bbc.png

Chelsea wrap up Villa's U21 star, Nathan Delfouneso!

Delfouneso_1578623.jpg

Tonight, Chelsea confirmed the signing of England U21 star, Nathan Delfouneso from Aston Villa for an undisclosed fee. Sources believe the cost for the wonderkid is around £13 million. Despite the confirmation of the signing for the player, Villa will hold onto their man until the new year when he will officially become an illegible Chelsea player. Regan spoke about his new young signing to BBC sport yesterday,

I am delighted to sign Nathan who is capable of leading the line despite his young age. I have been watching him closely in his games, and he gives 110% all the time. His commitment is delightful and at only 18, he has still got a lot more to give. I believe that Villa will be sad to let him go, but Nathan will gain a lot of first team games when joining us.

Regan spoke highly of his new signing, and also answered,

I am also keen on one or two more English youngsters, and plan on offering money for a couple players. One of which is 18, Jack Rodwell. I am also looking at bringing in Mark Beevers from Sheffield Wednesday in January too.

LoL i thought the topic named " Can regen be the new special one" :p

good luck mate nice layout
ermm maybe you could sign rodwell

Nathan Delfouneso is a class striker well done on signing him :]

Last edited by a moderator:
good luck mate nice layout
ermm maybe you could sign rodwell

I've put in a bid for him, and I'm waiting for a reply from Everton.

---------- Post added at 06:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:11 PM ----------

Nathan Delfouneso is a class striker well done on signing him :]

Thanks, I'm happy to sign him. I've never signed him before, but his recent form caught my eye - and also, he's English! :D

---------- Post added at 06:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:11 PM ----------

bbc.png

Drgoba on form as Blues go unbeaten - October update

Didier+Drogba.jpeg

Chelsea began the month with a good win over Porstmouth, winning 3-1, all thanks to Drogba, who bagged 3 goals, evidently finishing man of the match. The blues then took a trip to Burnley, where the game looked like it was going to end in a bore draw, til Daniel Sturridge dribbled into the penalty area and hits in a wonderfully crafted move, shooting bottom left in the 86th minute. Chelsea were one up against 10 men Burnley, until, Carvalho fell asleep, letting Burnley hit back immediately in the 88th minute. Chelsea hit back in their Champions League match against FC Kobenhavn, beating them 3-0 away. Then a week later, the blues played Colchester in the League Cup at Stamford Bridge. Regan picked a light squad with Traore leading the line, Turnbull in goal, and the only first team players that started were Lampard and Alex. Sturridge came off early after Traore hit home in the first minute, and Drogba took Daniels place. The game ended 4-0 with Traore hitting his first Hat-trick of his Chelsea career. The blues ended nicely with an easy 3-1 victory over Bolton away.

The games in the month.

Match day 8
(HOME)
Chelsea 3-1 Portsmouth
Didier Drogba (x3)
MOTM: Didier Drogba

Match day 9
(AWAY)
Burnley 1-1 Chelsea
Daniel Sturridge
MOTM: Daniel Sturridge

Champions League - Group B - Match day 3
(AWAY)
FC Kobenhavn 0-3 Chelsea
Frank Lampard
Lacina Traore
Daniel Sturridge
MOTM: John Obi Mikel

League cup - Round 4
(HOME)
Chelsea 4-0 Colchester Utd
Lacina Traore (x3)
Didier Drogba
MOTM: Lacina Traore

Match day 10
(AWAY)
Bolton 1-3 Chelsea
Nicolas Anelka
Frank Lampard
Didier Drogba
MOTM: Nicolas Anelka

Month summary:
The month started off okay, but we slacked in the game against Burnley which I think we should have easily won with our qualities. It ended superbly with Lacina fitting straight into a squad nicely, grabbing 4 goals in 2 games. It was nice to see we reached the 5th round of the League cup, drawing a home game against London rivals Arsenal. I'm not massively bothered about this cup, but it would be nice to grab an early piece of silverware for the shelf. On another positive note, Chelsea need to gain 3 more points to take us into the next rounds of the Champions League. And to add to that, John Terry is on the mend, and looks to return to a reserve game towards the end of November, returning to the first team games before Christmas!

---------- Post added at 09:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:53 PM ----------

Due to this being so time consuming, and I need to revise for exams, I will write up a 'report' styled thing with screenprints of the whole season and how it ended up. Sorry :) I may resume with the detailed story, but at the moment, for the 2009/10 season, I will review it when the season finishes.

ahh mate :( gutted.
well done on delfouneso though, glad to see you took my advice.

Status
Not open for further replies.