Can simple mathematics beat Football Manager?

• Thread starter Thread starter stuieg1
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 48
  • Views Views 14K

stuieg1

Reaction score
Is it possible to work out what player instruction best fits each player?

Eg.Short passing

Shorter passing requires Anticipation concentration and first touch a maximum of 60 points 20 points for each

Short passing slider has 6 notches

60 divided by 6 = 10

Eg. Rio Ferdinand
Has 18 Anticipation, 16 concentration and 15 first touch add the together 49 divided by 10 =4.9 = 5 notches

hope it makes a bit more sense now

Last edited:
only way to find out is for you to test it, good luck!

i will do this formula for all player and all instructions. but would like to know if anyone has tried anything similar and what results the got. or if anyone would like to test this formula theirself

I think the grid exploit system in 12 was made from a logic (dunno if mathematical) basis.

By doing this you expect to have 2 things, i suppose: getting the minimum required for a player to be on your team OR to fit the best tactic to your players, am i right?

my aim is to adjust tactic so every player is using the sliders he is most comfortable with. do you think this could work or is there other factors which will throw this formula out the window?

Slide : what does it means ??? Sorry for my bad English

its just the number of notches on each individual instruction

its just the number of notches on each individual instruction
can you upload image about your setting in ex : Ferdinand and why you know short passing only need : anticipation, concentration and first touch. Sorry if it's stupid question but i'm really dont know that :D

Last edited:
im just testing at the moment, i found out the requirements for each instructin from guide to footballmanager.com

lol it is a bit jumbled. Basically i want to find a method which works out how many notches each player needs to have on sliders to best suit him

lol it is a bit jumbled. Basically i want to find a method which works out how many notches each player needs to have on sliders to best suit him

Haha it probably makes sense to somebody that can count above 20 to be fair mate. I just suck at maths and cant be arsed to work out what your saying ;) . I do get the basic jist though!

ive updated first post hope it makes more sense now. so some FM genius can tell me if its a good idea or if im wasting my time adding attributes to work out what best suits each player/ team

Mathematically it makes sense, the issue is that you aren't just trying to give each player their best settings, you need them to play together. This method has a danger of making each player play for themselves. With a few tweaks it could work, the grid system was similar but used positioning of the other players on the pitch in order to set passing lengths and a few other things (mentality etc.)

tl;dr has potential, the games code will be mathematical to an extent so there should in theory be a way to beat it.

I think will do this for all player and team instructions and take it from there and find out which instructions hinder each other and try find the best wat to adapt so it works as a team

I think will do this for all player and team instructions and take it from there and find out which instructions hinder each other and try find the best wat to adapt so it works as a team

IMO, you should to that for the position, as you want the team to play. Making it for the player can take the best of each, but could not be the best to create a team.

So, if you go for possession, the CBs attributes should be x, y and z. If you go to counter, they should be have w, t and V and so on.

After, making filters out of this would be the ultimate search for a specific player tool

like apvmoreira said, you can get every player playing the best way that suits them, but it doesnt mean they will play well as a team.

like apvmoreira said, you can get every player playing the best way that suits them, but it doesnt mean they will play well as a team.

The original purpose of the grid system in 12 was to put the team playing great. Adding that to top players for each position you would be invincible.

stuieg1, if you need help with anything, just PM me. I'm glad to help

I believe it could work. Could you link me the requirements for each slider?

Some problems though:
There are many sliders that you have to work out by yourself, like passing lenght, mentality etc.

i aint entirely convinced it would work, i think it could be like a logical explanation to links attributes and sliders but i think the game is a lot more in depth than to rely on this 1 method. i dont think i can take this any further but any FM tactical genius is more than welcome to pick up the pieces

Back