Opening Day

West Brom Vs Man Utd

View attachment 141015
What a perfect way to start our season! We thoroughly deserved this result and I am over the moon with the teams performance. It might have taken awhile for us to get the breakthrough, in fact it took us going down to ten men before we finally scored the winning goal.
We defended superbly, kept the ball really well for the most part and created plenty of chances, although our finishing could have been better. I am disappointed with Olsson's sending off but I am not going to let it ruin what has been a terrific opening performance.

Last edited:
August

Results

View attachment 140604
After the high from our opening day victory against Man Utd, we almost followed that up with another victory against Crystal Palace, only to allow Fraizer Campbell to score a late equalizer to send our fans home disappointed. We controlled and dominated in every department for the first 70 minutes but the pendulum swung late on when we lost Rondon to injury, from then on we lacked quality in the final third and Palace seized the opportunity.

We followed that up with an impressive victory away at Arsenal, holding our own for the first half keeping the score to 0-0 despite the Gunners dominance. The second half started much the same way with Arsenal continuing to dominate but our defence dealt with it well, that was until the 75th minute when Jonny Evans tripped Ozil in the box and gave away a Penalty, which Cazorla dispatched. Our heads didn't drop though, such is the team spirit and determination, we managed to turn the game around and carve out two great opportunities in the space of 3 minutes.

Next up was a break from the league where we faced Bolton in the Capital One Cup. I am not going to dwell on this match too much, the domestic cups are not important for me in this first season and to be honest I can do without the distraction as I plan to put all my focus solely on the League. I fielded a second team and our performance showed.

This defeat did hurt me a little bit on personal level as I am a Newcastle fan, but I am delighted with our performance today, everyone played out of their skin, James Morrison and Anichebe in particular put in a world class performance. We controlled the game, we carved out some great chances and our defence nullified their attack all afternoon. This result also rounds off an unbeaten month in the league.

League Table

View attachment 140591

Player of the Month

Gino Peruzzi
Appearances: 4
Goals: 0
Assists: 1
Average Rating: 8.13

Good read so far mate.. Will be following.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

September

Results

View attachment 140388
I was worried that the international break would hamper our form going into September, we didn’t have a great deal of players leave for international duty and it meant that most of the lads had 14 days in between games.
This showed for the first 25mins or so against Everton, we were rusty and they were really taking the game to us, once again we managed to make it to half time without conceding, our defence has been terrific so far this season. The clocked reached the 65 minute mark and I was starting to worry we would have a stale mate on our hands. Enter Solomon Rondon! After nearly 5 weeks out injured, Rondon walked on as if he had never been away, he was instrumental in the first goal, knocking down a header in the box from a Morrison corner for Jonny Evans to finish from 3 yards. He then went on to grab our second with a smart finish in the near post from a Sissoko cross. Proffessional display and once again an all-round good performance.

Going into the Leicester game we were sitting in the top spot, with the Foxes just 2 points behind us in 4th​ place. Both teams had started well and both were looking to continue their good form. This result was a hard one to take but it is fair to say that we suffered the same fate as many do when playing Leicester, we had 59% possession, 24 shots, 12 on target, compared to their 3 shots on target. They defended well, Schmeichel was outstanding in goal, including a penalty save and a world class stop in the 94th​ minute, they soaked up pressure and countered with a quick ball over the top, this time Okazaki was the beneficiary. I feel had Chris Brunt tucked away our penalty in first half extra time, we definitely could have pushed on and won this one.

I had a feeling the match at Swansea was going to be a tough one, both our teams style of play is very similar and they were unbeaten in four with 3 wins. In truth this game was dull, only 5 shorts on target between both teams all game, possession shared 51%-49% in our favour and very few real opportunities created, let’s just say we were last on Match of the Day. We defended well again, it was our attack that let us down for the second game running, with Sissoko, Brunt and Rondon all performing well below par. One positive was once again the performance of Gino Peruzzi, his energy and work rate done the right hand side is unbelievable, his performances so far have by far been the best in the league.

League Table

View attachment 140387

Player of the Month

Gino Peruzzi
Appearances: 3
Goals: 0
Assists: 0
Average Rating: 7.94

haha, no logo and facepacks? nice job against Man Utd(H)

Haha no, I it's something I keep thinking about doing but never get round to. Yeah we have started really well, although we have been unlucky in the last couple of games.

October

Results

View attachment 140074

We went in to October on the back of two defeats and our next opponent was Watford, who hadn’t got off to the best of starts but had showed signs of improvement in September, including a win against Man Utd in their last match. Unfortunately we encountered another drab performance from both sides, making us last on MotD for the second week running. This was the third game in a row we hadn’t managed to score, which is strange coming off the back of some great results at Newcastle and Everton. We cancelled each other out for the most part but we definitely created the better chances, I was left scratching my head a little after this game (and cursing Rondon’s name).

Next up was a trip to The Boleyn Ground against West Ham, who had not won in three and were also facing a turbulent start to their campaign. On paper they should have won this one, both Peruzzi and Olsson were out through suspension for accumulation of yellow cards, our main forward Rondon was struggling for goals and captain Darren Fletcher was at risk of being dropped due to poor form. I tinkered with the formation, dropping Sandro into a deeper role and bringing a second forward on to add more support for Rondon. It worked well for the opening stages, in fact Rondon grabbed a goal inside the first 15 mins courtesy of a good cross from stand in RB Gambao. From that point we played some good football but we struggled to stop West Ham from passing the ball around. Second half started the same and they started to put us under pressure, I made the mistake of bringing the second striker off for a third midfielder and that turned out to be our downfall. The pressure continued and Rondon was isolated, Lanzini tucked in a tidy finish and from then on it felt like it was a matter of time before we conceded again, luckily we held on and I could blow a big sigh of relief at the final whistle.

Just what you need when you are struggling for goals and confidence, a visit from an in-form Man City. We actually started really positively, grabbing the first goal of the game with a superb strike from the returning Peruzzi. I always feel slightly uncomfortable about getting the first goal in games like this, we clearly startled City and with that we awoke the beast as they proceeded to throw everything at us and got their reward just before half time with a stunning strike from Kevin De Bruyne. My words were not taken as intended at half time and the lads didn’t look like a team that was going to turn things around. We gave away a penalty within 5 minutes of the restart which was despatched, shortly followed by a third goal on the 60th​ minute from Yaya Toure to seal the nail in our coffin. I made some changes to very little effect after that, the teams heads were already down as we played out our fifth game without a win.

League Table

View attachment 140073

Player of the Month
Gino Peruzzi
Appearances: 2
Goals: 1
Assists: 0
Average Rating: 7.55

Next up..

West Midlands Derby

View attachment 140071

Looking good so far, looking forward to more. I signed Peruzzi on my L'OL save and he performed excellently.

Looking good so far, looking forward to more. I signed Peruzzi on my L'OL save and he performed excellently.

Cheers buddy. Yeah he is fantastic, him and Zeca have been a highlight of our season so far.

View attachment 139770
West Midlands Derby
Barclays Premier League
Villa Park
Attendance: 42,785

View attachment 139769

My first taste of the West Midlands derby was next up and to be honest I was feeling the nerves before this game. I think it’s fair to say there was no such thing as a favourite going into this one. Although we had started the season well, we were going into the game on the back of some poor performances and we were the away team. Despite Villa sitting in the bottom three for most of the season, they have actually accumulated four more points than us in the last 5 matches.

Villa started very well, their plan was clearly to attack from the first whistle in an attempt to catch us off guard, and it worked. A long ball over the top split our centre back pairing in two and Agbonlahor was always going to have the better of Chester and Evans, once he was through on goal he easily rounded our keeper to slot the ball home within the first 7 minutes.

It didn’t take long for us to pull things level again, we had started to get a foothold on the game after the early goal and we were knocking the ball about nicely. After a decent passage of play, involving Peruzzi and Sissoko on the right, it was the latter that whipped in a great low cross for Rondon to slot home the equaliser, the game was back on.

Not much else happened in the second half as both teams scarpered each other’s attack, both creating a few decent opportunities but on the whole we were just about the better team. My half time team talk was passionate and motivational, the lads come out all guns blazing and we really took the game to Villa, within 10 mins of the restart Rondon had grabbed his second, this time courtesy of a Morrison through ball.

Things started to get a little heated after that, with both sides throwing tackles in left, right and centre. Three yellow cards were brandished in the space of 90 seconds, with the a red card given to Gestede a minute later for a disgusting challenge. After that both sides calmed down a little and we stepped up our game even more, Villa found it difficult to break us down and we took advantage of the extra man as Morrison scored our third with a sublime volley in the box, once again Sissoko was the provider on the right.

Villa did come at us for the latter stages of the game, once again benefiting from a long ball over the top, this time it was Sinclair who got in behind our defence and coolly placed the ball past Myhill, who once again was found in no-man’s land.

The closing stages were tense and with the crowd behind them, Villa through everything at us. Agbonlahor even had one final chance to get the equaliser in the dying minutes of the game but the pressure was too much and he fluffed his finish.

All in all I was happy with the result after the game but there are still a few question marks over certain individuals, one of whom is the captain Darren Fletcher, who for one reason or another has been appalling so far this season, this performance in particular being one of his best since I have taken over.

Last edited:
View attachment 1064974
West Midlands Derby
Barclays Premier League
Villa Park
Attendance: 42,785

View attachment 1064975

My first taste of the West Midlands derby was next up and to be honest I was feeling the nerves before this game. I think it’s fair to say there was no such thing as a favourite going into this one. Although we had started the season well, we were going into the game on the back of some poor performances and we were the away team. Despite Villa sitting in the bottom three for most of the season, they have actually accumulated four more points than us in the last 5 matches.

Villa started very well, their plan was clearly to attack from the first whistle in an attempt to catch us off guard, and it worked. A long ball over the top split our centre back pairing in two and Agbonlahor was always going to have the better of Chester and Evans, once he was through on goal he easily rounded our keeper to slot the ball home within the first 7 minutes.

It didn’t take long for us to pull things level again, we had started to get a foothold on the game after the early goal and we were knocking the ball about nicely. After a decent passage of play, involving Peruzzi and Sissoko on the right, it was the latter that whipped in a great low cross for Rondon to slot home the equaliser, the game was back on.

Not much else happened in the second half as both teams scarpered each other’s attack, both creating a few decent opportunities but on the whole we were just about the better team. My half time team talk was passionate and motivational, the lads come out all guns blazing and we really took the game to Villa, within 10 mins of the restart Rondon had grabbed his second, this time courtesy of a Morrison through ball.

Things started to get a little heated after that, with both sides throwing tackles in left, right and centre. Three yellow cards were brandished in the space of 90 seconds, with the a red card given to Gestede a minute later for a disgusting challenge. After that both sides calmed down a little and we stepped up our game even more, Villa found it difficult to break us down and we took advantage of the extra man as Morrison scored our third with a sublime volley in the box, once again Sissoko was the provider on the right.

Villa did come at us for the latter stages of the game, once again benefiting from a long ball over the top, this time it was Sinclair who got in behind our defence and coolly placed the ball past Myhill, who once again was found in no-man’s land.

The closing stages were tense and with the crowd behind them, Villa through everything at us. Agbonlahor even had one final chance to get the equaliser in the dying minutes of the game but the pressure was too much and he fluffed his finish.

All in all I was happy with the result after the game but there are still a few question marks over certain individuals, one of whom is the captain Darren Fletcher, who for one reason or another has been appalling so far this season, this performance in particular being one of his best since I have taken over.

BAGGIESSSSSSSSSSSSSS! SOTV

November

Remaining Results

View attachment 138201

Next up in November was a home fixture against Tottenham. Spurs were the only team left in the league with an unbeaten record, albeit mostly draws, so I wasn't in the most optimistic of moods. I couldn’t have been happier with our start, we flew of the traps and they were in no way prepared for it. We took advantage within the 3rd minute when Rondon took his first opportunity, the ball breaking too him after a loose cross was deflected on to his head 6 yards out. After that the game fell flat, both sides were battling for possession and it started to get really scrappy. The game continued in this manner until the 43rd​ minute, when Olsson was caught ******* around with the ball and was easily dispossessed by Harry Kane, who went through on goal to grab the equaliser. Within a minute of the restart, we were on the verge of a dangerous attack, that was until we lost possession again, this time in their half, but their counter attack was so quick and precise and they hurt us again, a great finish from Dembele to make it 2-1 just before half time. The second half was all ours, we pushed and pushed for the equaliser, creating chance after chance, we just couldn’t hit the net. That was until the final attack of the game, Sissoko’s shot was palmed away by Lloris but only to the feet of Solomon Rondon who tucked it away with a composed touch. Overall I am content with the draw but really we should have done better, it was a stupid 5 minutes that cost us the game.

Next up was a trip up north to Sunderland, this was a game I wanted to win not just for the three points, but on a personal level (being a Newcastle fan). Our performance was frankly utter *****, we finished the game the better team in every department and bossed the entire game, that was except for the period between 13th-36th minute, when we let in four goals!! Now I am not a bitter man, but we had the joint best defence in the league before this game, they had the 2nd worst goals for, and they tore us apart. Comical errors, half-hearted tackles and some abysmal decisions were our downfall. Needless to say I gave them the hairdryer treatment at half time and with a few substitutions, we looked like a different side. We grabbed 3 goals in 8 minutes to set up a very interesting final 10 mins or so. Much like the last game, we created several clear cut chances, we just couldn't take them. I am distraught with this one and our great start to the season feels like it was a very long way away now.

Lastly for November was a visit from a Liverpool side who had also been suffering some indifferent form of late. The first half was extremely dull with no real goal mouth action, both keepers must have been incredibly bored. We come out the better side in the second half, we attacked with more purpose and after 4-5mins of sustained pressure we gained our reward, Driussi with a tidy little finish coming in off the left. It was a shame we couldn't hold on as Coutinho scored a 25 yard screamer on the stroke of the 90th minute. Gutted to have dropped two points but again it was a result I would have taken before the kick-off.

League Table

View attachment 138200

Player of the Month
Solomon Rondon
Appearances: 4
Goals: 5
Assists: 1
Average Rating: 7.93