Can you beat me...?

undertheray

Reaction score
This is a competition thread, where the basic idea is that a reigning "champion" posts their current first team squad on their current save, and then a "challenger" posts their own first team squad from their current save.
The next five posts are "vote posts" with the post containing the name of the team they think will win in a match. Most votes from the 5 posts wins, and becomes the "champion".

Be creative for the reasons you vote, maybe give a reason why the team you choose to vote for would win.......and the current champ/challenger cannot vote for themselves of course :)

Once you post a team you CANNOT EDIT the post - thanks to Shay Given for this idea, you will be deducted a vote if you edit the post - get it right the first time!!

An example:

1st post:
Champion posts their squad : GK DEF MID FWD

2nd post:
Challenger posts their squad : GK DEF MID FWD

3rd post:
Vote: Champ

4th post:
Vote: Champ

5th post:
Vote: Challenger

6th post:

7th post:

So the Challenger is declared the winner, and he becomes the new Champion and posts his squad again, for a new challenger to post their squad and the voting happens again.

I'll get the ball rolling.....

CHAMPION

View attachment 62063
View attachment 62079
Tottenham Hotspur in 2015

Who will challenge me??

****(NOTE: I used http://tozzel.webs.com/index.htm to create my formation)****

Last edited:
I'll give it a go. West Ham, 2013, only been there for 1.5 seasons.

Last edited:
I think the champion wins that but thats a pretty good team for 1.5 seasons with west ham

p.s. under the ray you sould add to the rules that editor arent allowed

I think the champion wins that but thats a pretty good team for 1.5 seasons with west ham

p.s. under the ray you sould add to the rules that editor arent allowed

lol thanks, I took over them in January 2012, they were in 18th, I came from Wolves. Zarate scored 38 league goals that season and I pulled them up to 8th, and won the FA cup. Want top 6 finish + good performance in EURO cup this season, CL next season.
And I didn't edit my post, I was trying to insert a formation like the original one, but it wouldn't work, just read that bit bout editing it now :S

Champion Wins it. But yeah, Zarate is an amazing coup for West Ham!

champion but have to say the west ham team did have some tasty looking non selected players

Champion Wins it. But yeah, Zarate is an amazing coup for West Ham!

Yes he is amazing, 38 goals last season :)
Now him, Diamanti and Lukaku fighting for 2 striker spots, and Lukaku has been great in my last few games, 14 for 2 against in 4 games, looking promising, but I agree, that Spurs side is quality

EDIT: and I forgot to add, the 2012-13 champions were.......Burnley lol

Last edited:
At the moment no one is on the field :) you need to set the first team squad, you can edit it once to post a new attachment containing the first team

Last edited:
I dont have access to that save game atm so Ill pull out for now I guess

Tough, challenger edges it. :)

Good idea, however are you doing it in relation to the team or just general first team, 'cause if Wolves have a great side for Wolves which would be **** for man united then.. you get what I'm saying?

Doesn't this mean that you only have a chance of winning if you go a good side? For example a manager of a League 2 side wouldn't be able to get as good a team as Man Utd's obviously...