Can You Really Emulate Barcelona Tactics in Football Manager?

gormo095

Reaction score
just a question off fm britain spelling wrong Can You Really Emulate Barcelona Tactics in Football Manager?

Yes, easily if you have players of a similar playstyle.
e.g. good winger and adapt his instruction to Messi-esque. Also have a good CM who playmakes and sits bck ect like xavi.

Im sure you could make your tactics similar to how Barcelona play but its not possible to make them exaclty like them because this is a game..not real life. :)

try my tactic its the closetst iv got to how barca play it has
goalkeeper
full backs support
cb cover
cb stopper
defensive midfielder (through ball often)
deep lying playmaker
advanced playmaker( forward runs and run with ball oten and cross and through ball mixed)
2x inside forwards
deep lying forward or advanced forward
hope this works for you!

short answer , no.

barca always has around 60-75% posession , this won't happen in football manager , or if it will it will be very rare , and not 75% , at least I never saw it.

No...
Barca in reality concede many cheap goals..but in FM, they never concede goals cheaply and it is tough to score against them :p

I found these two tactics on the FM-Britain forums so all credit to them.

(1) View attachment 63745

View attachment 63746

I had good success with this in the matches I tried it in. It the typical 4-3-3 Barca formation and gives good possession and high pass completion percentage.

(2) View attachment 63744

View attachment 63747

I personally prefer this formation even though it is not the conventional 4-3-3 formation. However, when you look at it IRL Iniesta tends to play slightly more advanced than Xavi or when Iniesta is injured Messi tends to occupy the AMC role. I had better results with this tactic than the above one.