phila001

Reaction score
After my first first season with Brentford

1st League One
Johnstone Paint Cup Winners
Quarter Final - League Cup
Semi-Final - FA Cup

Tactic - Mr Hough 4-2-2-2

Having got in the championship I kept a lot of my first season players. I manage to get Kadlec for 2m.
but after a great 6months lots of teams become interested (P23 G25) and I had an offer accepted by the board but I knew I had to keep him.
so I offered him to other clubs and got an offer from Newcastle for 8.75m
Knowing I wanted to keep him I made sure that Newcastle got him first
January 1st 2012
Kadlec set to sign to Newcastle (accept or decline)
decline
After doing that no more offers came in and manage to get prem with kadlec getting (P50 G61)
now valued at 13m

IT'S THAT CHEATING?
HAVE YOU EVER DONE IT AND WHO WITH?
OR IS THIS SOMETHING NEW?

PLEASE LEAVE COMMENTS!!!!

Just be told this in the wrong forum section!!!!!! SORRY!

Last edited:
No its not cheating mate. Its just a thing a manager ha to do to keep his best players. Good thinking

I've never even thought of trying that... I just put it down to the board being arseholes and try and replace the players they sell..

Good thinking phila! (I'm gonna remember that one ;) )

Note To All
As soon as you get an offer from the board accepted you much act straight away and make sure the teams you offer have a high rep than the team that the board accepted. and accepted the bid with the most money.

that is ****** genius mate, well done :)

It is a great piece of buisness mate

PS- Have a look at my story guys (link for it in my Sig)

Sticky !!!

Genius idea my friend :wub:

I'm surprised I've been doing it for years. :)

I once did something similar with a player who had a release clause, but it was years ago (probably in the CM series)..

I'd got the Huddersfield job but they were close to relegation from the champ, (would have been div1 then I guess?) and I was looking for players for the next season thinking we would stay up.

Signed a South African left-winger called Junior Kanye to join on a free at the end of the season. I gave him a 2 year contract with a 7mill release clause but then we went down on the last day of the season - absolutely gutted. The next season Kanye was immense, his average ratiing for the SEASON was over 9.4 - with shitloads of assists and goals! He was so obviously a different class, just danced through the defences of L1 (div2) like they weren't there. Obviously we walked the league...

So the end of the season comes and EVERYBODY wants him, I mean EVERYBODY... and I know I'm going to lose him for 7 mill cos he won't sign a new deal and I'd already turned down offers of 5m and 6m from various clubs. So I offered him to clubs at 12mill plus clauses... I got a 10mill plus clauses offer (inc a sell on/appearances/goals/etc) from Juve which I accepted and off he went.... the next season he went somewhere else for 20m+ and the sell-on clause was 20% of next fee!! (I think in total I made about 18mill from him. (would have preferred to have kept him though ;) ).

Nowadays I always try to make sure that any release fee clause is unbelievably high (although 7mill for a champ/L1 club isn't bad ;) )

If you have any problems then let me know?

---------- Post added at 10:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:04 PM ----------

I once did something similar with a player who had a release clause, but it was years ago (probably in the CM series)..

I'd got the Huddersfield job but they were close to relegation from the champ, (would have been div1 then I guess?) and I was looking for players for the next season thinking we would stay up.

Signed a South African left-winger called Junior Kanye to join on a free at the end of the season. I gave him a 2 year contract with a 7mill release clause but then we went down on the last day of the season - absolutely gutted. The next season Kanye was immense, his average ratiing for the SEASON was over 9.4 - with shitloads of assists and goals! He was so obviously a different class, just danced through the defences of L1 (div2) like they weren't there. Obviously we walked the league...

So the end of the season comes and EVERYBODY wants him, I mean EVERYBODY... and I know I'm going to lose him for 7 mill cos he won't sign a new deal and I'd already turned down offers of 5m and 6m from various clubs. So I offered him to clubs at 12mill plus clauses... I got a 10mill plus clauses offer (inc a sell on/appearances/goals/etc) from Juve which I accepted and off he went.... the next season he went somewhere else for 20m+ and the sell-on clause was 20% of next fee!! (I think in total I made about 18mill from him. (would have preferred to have kept him though ;) ).

Nowadays I always try to make sure that any release fee clause is unbelievably high (although 7mill for a champ/L1 club isn't bad ;) )

It's one of those things. Everyone know that Kadlec is great on FM11 and yes I could have sold him and put a Re-buy clause but it might be 3-4 season before I have the money to buy him. And having kept him I got promoted to the Premiership and doing wonders!
And now I'm getting offers of 20-30m and the board have no power to stop who I want to sell and buy!

Genius mate, should be in general discussion though ;)

I really LOVE how you have accidently enlightened many of us, to this easy way around this annoyance.

Well done mate ;)

I really LOVE how you have accidently enlightened many of us, to this easy way around this annoyance.

Well done mate ;)

I wanted a good forum because I was jealous of others :(
But it is surprising that no one has done this before (SHOCKED) lol

---------- Post added at 10:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:21 PM ----------

If you guy's try it let me know how it goes..?

Well done on your progress, sounds like you've got a great game going.

Sorry, I would say that its cheating though...

i had this problem on 2010,i brought brede hangeland for my palace team for 7m when i got promoted to the prem, season after man utd bidded 20mill and board accepted. it then come up that he accepted and i had to agree the deal, however i delayed it and the next week the same thing, i delayed it again and it then said the deal had been cancelled, i kept him and got into 4th place.

Well done on your progress, sounds like you've got a great game going.

Sorry, I would say that its cheating though...

Fair enough!

---------- Post added at 10:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:42 PM ----------

Brentford Team:

Gomes (GK)
Van Der Wiel (RB)
Kompany (CB)
Balkenstein (Longest Serving Player) (CB)
Fabio (LB)
Hargreaves (CM)
Yaya Sanago (Retrained To Midfielder) (WORLD CLASS) (CM)
Walcott (RM)
Capel (LM)
Kadlec (CF)
Necid (CF)

Last edited:
Well, if the player still can get unhappy about the transfer cancel, I wouldn't call it cheating. I would if it came free of any possibility of consequences. It also should get the board somewhat angry because you thwarted their evil plans.

Well, if the player still can get unhappy about the transfer cancel, I wouldn't call it cheating. I would if it came free of any possibility of consequences. It also should get the board somewhat angry because you thwarted their evil plans.

I think that the fact I got promoted to premiership and won the league up saved me and qualified for Europe!

Won The Premiership By 3 Games To Go, Won League Cup
And In Final Of Europa Cup And F.A Cup!

Last edited: