great result mate and nicely written. I'm surprised you don't have more followers because this is really good. Keep it up

Thanks guys. Glad to have you following along. Lets hope some more followers appear fuelledbypassion! If not, oh well, can't have em all lol. Loving your story by the way.

---------- Post added at 09:33 AM ---------- Previous post was yesterday at 04:43 PM ----------

Crowd chaos
Our next match was a home game against Aviron Bayonnais. It would be a good chance to get back to back wins under our belt and keep confidence flowing.

AS Cannes v Aviron Bayonnais- French National
Aviron shouldn't really pose too many problems at all for us. They're one of the weaker sides in the league but we knew we'd have to be 100% on our game to win, no game is a complete given. We made two changes to the side that beat Hyeres. Sebastien Gimenez came in at left back with Stephane Leoni switching to right back. Kevin Pariente's hamstring was again playing up so Eric Bautheac came in, looking to nail down a regular starting berth.

AS Cannes starting lineup: Gavanon(GK), Leoni(DR), Gimenez(DL), Ponge(DC), Paulle(DC), Kharbouchi(MR), Bautheac(ML), Badra(MC), Milambo(MC), Koller(FC), Malm(FC).

We began the game very positively with Bautheac and Kharbouchi looking dangerous down the flanks. In the 20th minute we took the lead. Abdellah Kharbouchi combined with Robert Malm to set up Jan Koller who blasted a furious shot beyond the Aviron goalkeeper. The remaining 25 minutes of the half were plain sailing. Our back four weren't put under any pressure and we should have doubled our lead. In the second half, it was the same story. Nobody in the ground could see Aviron scoring, even attempting to score.

At 1-0 though, there's always that chance, and out of the blue a freak cross from Aviron left winger Soki N'Zinga hit the bar. That was the freight that we needed really. We then realised that a second goal was vital and 20 minutes from time we got it. Mourad Badra hit a thunderbolt of a strike that their keeper managed to save, however the rebound was pounced upon by Eric Bautheac and that was that. 2-0, game over. A big win for us as we went to the top of the table ahead of Troyes who slipped up.

There was a downside to the win though and it appeared to be some bad crowd trouble. At our own ground, i would not accept that. At any ground it'd be terrible, but our own ground was completely unacceptable. It appeared to be that it was Aviron fans who caused the chaos. The actions were caught on CCTV thankfully and it showed that none of our fans were involved. If they were to have been, i can assure you they'd never be welcomed back. The images caught Aviron fans brawling with police in the final minutes of the game and after, there were many injuries reported and the French FA were in touch with Ziad Fakhri about the incidents. They were also seen ripping chairs from seats. Disgraceful behaviour. The FA warned that if any of our fans were involved we'd be hit with a hefty fine, we sent them the footage and knew we were in the clear, Aviron on the other hand would surely face punishment. I for one wanted punishment. Nobody should enter the Stade Pierre de Coubertin and behave like that.

images

Crowd trouble at Cannes

---------- Post added at 03:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:33 AM ----------

The FA inquiry into the crowd trouble against Aviron saw them hit with a £50,000 fine. They also banned all supporters caught on camera from returning to another Aviron game in future. Punishment enough in my book, no more holligans returning to our ground again. The FA thanked us for our help and we were only too happy to oblige, all we wanted to do was focus on our football. The next few games were going to be extremely important as we looked to build on back to back wins.

Evian TG FC v AS Cannes- French National
Evian would be dangerous opponents. A side that many expect to battle for promotion this season. They have started slowly however, and we could be facing them at the right time. I warned the players this would be a big test and not to get over confident after our recent wins. We remained unchanged for the second game running, a rarity this season to say that.

AS Cannes starting lineup: Gavanon(GK), Leoni(DR), Gimenez(DL), Ponge(DC), Paulle(DC), Kharbouchi(MR), Bautheac(ML), Badra(MC), Milambo(MC), Koller(FC), Malm(FC).

The confidence was flowing early on. Mourad Badra had our best effort with a header just tipped over. For all our good work though we were undone at a set piece. Sebastien Gimenez fell asleep and they caught us with a quick free kick that was brilliantly executed from the edge of the 18 yard box by Cedric Barbosa. At half time we were somehow 1-0 down. We came out in the second half and it was the same story. We just couldn't get past Evian's goalkeeper Bertrand Laquait who was having a blinder of a game. I knew it wouldn't be our day when we hit the bar twice in a matter of seconds, first a Jan Koller header was tipped onto the bar by that man Laquait, before the rebound fell to Albert Milabo who cut it back for Mourad Badra to rattle the bar. Unbelievable.

Evian then typically got a second goal with fifteen minutes to go. A long lofted ball into the box which we failed to clear and Jonathan Roufosse capitalised hitting a vicious left footed shot past the helpless Jeremy Gavanon. We lost the game 2-0 but we deserved so much more. One of our best displays all season and i told the players not to be dispondent because with displays like that for the remaining fixtures we're guaranteed promotion.

Unlucky mate, always seems to happen to me too - dominate a game and end up losing! Is Malm your 1st choice partner for Koller, because I'd like to see more of that youngster :D Keep up the good work

Thanks a lot mate. At the minute Malm is first choice, purely cos the youngster you talk about Kanga seems to struggle to play consistently. His fitness is poor and i've gotta get him going on that but he has been impressive so far.

---------- Post added at 11:56 AM ---------- Previous post was yesterday at 03:55 PM ----------
AS Cannes v AS Moulins- French National
We went into today's game knowing that a win was all that would be tolerated. After a good performance against Evian but defeat, performance went out the window here and all that mattered was the result. Moulins weren't on the same level as Evian and with home advantage we should be ok today. I say should. We made one change to the side that lost to Evian. Jan Koller picked up a thigh strain in training and was replaced up front by young Franck Kanga.

AS Cannes starting lineup: Gavanon(GK), Leoni(DR), Gimenez(DL), Ponge(DC), Paulle(DC), Kharbouchi(MR), Bautheac(ML), Badra(MC), Milambo(MC), Kanga(FC), Malm(FC).

It was a very bright start from us and we took the lead just 8 minutes in. Abdellah Kharbouchi beat his man and whipped in a great ball which Robert Malm nodded home from close range. We could have been two up a minute later, Malm hitting the crossbar and we were made to pay. Just 20 minutes gone, and Moulins equalised. Patrick Vareilles rose at the back post ahead of Stephane Leoni to powerfully head home. Completeky against the run of play but that's football. The rest of the half fizzleed out and we went in at half time feeling sorry for ourselves.

The second half saw us make a change just five minutes in. Rudy Gested, the on loan Metz striker came on for Franck Kanga who was off the pace today. And withing five minutes, Gestede was on the scoresheet. Sebastien Gimenez hit a long ball in which Gestede chested down and volleyed home. A great finish from the youngster. We continued to dominate and Gestede could have had a hat trick. However, it stayed 2-1 and i really wasn't bothered, a win was all we wanted and a win was what we got. Now we were desperate for consistency as this promotion race heats up.

images

Gestede impressed
---------- Post added at 01:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:56 AM ----------

Same old story
Our next game was a trip to bottom of the table FC Rouen. We had signed Mourad Badra from the club in the summer and relations between the two clubs weren't great, they'd been reluctant to sell their best asset but knew they couldn't compete financially with us. They'd really be up for this game and we'd have to be prepared for a hostile reception.

FC Rouen v AS Cannes- French National
We came into the game off the back of a big result against Moulins but our form has been so inconsistent as of late. We've got into a habit of winning then dropping points, then winning then dropping points. We need to turn that around. We remained unchanged from the side who beat Moulins with Jan Koller still absent.

AS Cannes starting lineup: Gavanon(GK), Leoni(DR), Gimenez(DL), Ponge(DC), Paulle(DC), Kharbouchi(MR), Bautheac(ML), Badra(MC), Milambo(MC), Kanga(FC), Malm(FC).

The crowd were as hostile as we expected and Mourad Badra on his return got booed every time he touched the ball. What better way to silence them than by scoring his first goal for Cannes? An absolute screamer from Badra put us 1-0 up and the home crowd were devastated as their old boy came back to haunt them. The second half was again a hostile atmosphere and Rouen were making it difficult to play our usual style. They were dogged and put our midfield continually under pressure. There was little to no time at all. On the hour mark, Rouen's persistance paid off. Albert Milambo was muscled off the ball and Rouen broke at pace. Guy N'Gosso played a lovely through ball to Cesar Da Costa who fired home. 1-1 and momentum had shifted.

The game continued in the same manner. They may be bottom of the table but this game has got them fired up. We couldn't handle it. Ten minutes from time, Rouen struck again. Again it was our own undoing. This time substitute Rudy Gestede gave the ball away and midfielder Mathias Jouan drove at our backline before unleashing a right footed shot low and beyond Jeremy Gavanon. Rouen had done it. A 2-1 defeat for us and i was furious. We simply didn't match the heart and desire of Rouen and our inconsistency continues to be our downfall. If we can't start picking up points regularly we'll lose touch with the top spot and i made sure every one of my players knew it. All too often i was having to tell the media it was important we bounce back after defeat. We seem to manage that quite well. It's the continuity of results we seem to struggle with and it was starting to test my patience.

images

Badra's stunner wasn't enough

Last edited:
nice updates there pal.

We remained unchanged from the side who beat Moulins with Jan Koller still absent.

Contradicted yourself a bit though :p

Thanks for that!! Corrected now.

---------- Post added at 10:54 AM ---------- Previous post was yesterday at 02:48 PM ----------

AS Cannes v Amiens SC Football- French National
Amiens would providea test for us today. A tops turvy side who sit mid table. Confidence was again low amongst the squad and i was finding it hard to pick them up. We remained unchanged for the third game running, unheard of in my time here so far.

Simply put, the first half was a dour affair. No real chances, no good football, just a poor showing by both sides. The second half was marginally better, purely for the fact there were goals. We took the lead in the 61st minute. Franck Kanga was the architect, going on a mazy run past two defenders before cutting back for Robert Malm to finish well. Just five minutes later, we were pegged back though. A corner was dropped in by Francois Masson and substitute Faneva Andriatsima nodded home. 1-1 and that was the way it finished. A poor game and another disappointing result. I was starting to worry. We had now dropped out the three promotion spots and with displays like this, it was no surprise. We faced an away day at EFC Frejus Saint-Raphael, a real must win game to be honest, more for confidence than anything.

---------- Post added at 11:55 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:54 AM ----------

EFC Frejus Saint-Raphael v AS Cannes- French National
A week had passed since the disappointing draw with Amiens and we'd had time to reflect on what went wrong and where we could improve. A team meeting was organised by myself and Jan Koller. It involved every single member of the squad giving their honest opinion of where we are and what we need to do to progress. Some interesting points came out of it and i feel we can now move on from recent weeks and get started again. Frejus aren't in the best of form themselves having lost their last three games and we knew this would be quite a nervy encounter. Changes were made for today's game. I felt things needed freshening up. Romauld Marie came in at right back for Stephane Leoni while Pierre Vignaud returned after two months out in place of Sebastien Gimenez. A big boost to have Vignaud fit again. Alexis Bertin also started in midfield in place of Albert Milambo who was rested.

AS Cannes starting lineup: Gavanon(GK), Marie(DR), Vignaud(DL), Ponge(DC), Paulle(DC), Kharbouchi(MR), Bautheac(ML), Badra(MC), Bertin(MC), Kanga(FC), Malm(FC).

It was just as i predicted. A tense, cagey opening and a game that didn't really settle down until midway through the first half. Our ability was shining through at this stage and we were playing some lovely stuff. Eric Bautheac was the main threat, providing some great crosses which we couldn't get on the end of. Abdellah Kharbouchi missed our best chance, firing wide from the edge of the box. At half time we went in level. I told the players that a point wasn't going to be accepted here today and that they should look back to our team meeting in the week and remember where we want to go, what our targets are. Our targets certainly aren't to be drawing games against sides like Frejus.

The second half we stepped it up a notch again. Kharbouchi and Bautheac down the flanks were having good games and if were going to score it looked likely one of those two would play a part. How wrong was i?
In the 58th minute, a hopeless ball was knocked into Frejus's penalty area which was headed clear of danger. Well, i think i speak for the whole stadium when i say i thought it was clear of danger. It wasn't. As from 30 yards, Mourad Badra reacted quickest and rifled a first time shot straight into the top left hand corner. 1-0 and it was an absolute worldie from Badra. After the goal we continued in the same vein. Chance after chance and yet we couldn't find the second goal. Franck Kanga went close with a cheeky lob and Robert Malm had a free kick well saved. Frejus never really threatened and we looked very solid at the back. It ended 1-0 and i was absolutely thrilled. If we hadn't won that game then i can only imagine the media response.

Overall, things seemed on the up. A massive win, a very impressive performance and we returned to the promotion spots at the expense of Pacy. The next test was to finally end the recent hoodoo of winning a game then dropping points the next. If that hurdle could be overcome then in my opinion all fear would go right out the window for the rest of this gripping campaign.

just noticed this really, and its pretty good man, great detail, will follow :)

Super, super Franck!

Super, super Franck!

Super, super Franck! Super Franckie Kanga!

Thanks for the comments guys! Love that song about super Franck haha. Should get an update or two in tomorrow.

---------- Post added at 07:14 PM ---------- Previous post was yesterday at 10:52 AM ----------

AS Cannes v SO Cassis Carnoux- French National
Cassis are a mid table side that shouldn't on our home ground provide too many problems for us. But myself and the squad know that that is not how football works. We've already lost to bottom of the table Rouen so anything is possible. Rarely do we win two on the spin either so i wasn't getting carried away after the win over Frejus. Pierre Vignaud was very tired after his first game in a couple of months, so Sebastien Gimenez came in at left back. Albert Milambo returned, however he played left of midfield in place of Eric Bautheac who was ill. The big change was the return of Jan Koller who replaced Franck Kanga in attack.

AS Cannes starting lineup: Gavanon(GK), Marie(DR), Gimenez(DL), Ponge(DC), Paulle(DC), Kharbouchi(MR), Milambo(ML), Badra(MC), Bertin(MC), Koller(FC), Malm(FC).

Cassis started the first 10 minutes really brightly and could have taken the lead, Jeremy Gavanon had to pull off a great save. We rode our luck. In the 16th minute however we took the lead. A fantastic corner whipped in by Abdellah Kharbouchi was headed in well from Brois Ponge for his first Cannes goal since we bought him from Beauvais in the summer. The goal really gave us a lift and ten minutes later we got a second and so did Ponge. It was a carbon copy of the first. Kharbouchi whipping in a teasing cross and Ponge rising highest to head home. 2-0 and the game was seemingly secure.

Mourad Badra was really looking on top of his game and was at the heart of everything good in our play. He had our next best chance, combining with Albert Milambo down the left before unleashing a trademark strike against the post. We then had t4he chance of a third goal to seal the three points. Kharbouchi drove at Cassis's left back and was taken down inside the area. I couldn't believe it when i saw who was going to take it. Boris Ponge, our centre back was going to step up and look for a hat trick, an unbelievable feat for a centre back. Ponge stpped up and sent the keeper the wrong way, but he hit the post!! Despair for Boris as the rebound was cleared away. I couldn't believe it, i did feel for him, but i was so angry that the players let him take it. This was a big chance to close the game out, just let Koller or Malm take it and get the game won. Thankfully we won the game, it stayed 2-0 and i was delighted with the application of the lads. We were playing some great stuff and hopefully now on the right track towards going on a good little run that would see us gain the upper hand in this promotion race.

---------- Post added at 11:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:14 PM ----------

US Creteil-Lusitanos v AS Cannes- French National
Two wins on the spin. I surely couldn't think about three could i? I was really looking forward to this game. To see if the side were really going to kick on now. Creteil are a side who could push to finish just outside the promotion spots. They should be top eight come the end of the season. Their main threat would be Helder Esteves, a Portugese striker who has got six goals so far this season. We made two changes to the side today. Stephane Leoni came in at right back for Romauld Marie and Kevin Pariente came in for Alexis Bertin with Albert Milambo returning to the middle of the midfield. It was sure to be a tough test for us and one we were relishing.

AS Cannes starting lineup: Gavanon(GK), Leoni(DR), Gimenez(DL), Ponge(DC), Paulle(DC), Kharbouchi(MR), Pariente(ML), Badra(MC), Milambo(MC), Koller(FC), Malm(FC).

The game got off to an absolute flier. Creteil took the lead seven minutes in. The man we pinpointed as the danger got on the end of a cross from Yohan Berribi and headed home. 1-0 Creteil, Esteves the scorer. It was a well worked goal and we had no reason to drop our heads, thankfully we didn't. Just two minutes later, we equalised. Jan Koller was imperative in the build up, he dealt magnificently with a long ball from Stephane Leoni. Koller brought it down, layed off to Albert Milambo, span and received the ball back. Koller then hit a vicious strike on the Creteil goal which hit the crossbar and rebounded to Mourad Badra who headed home fom close range.

The game continued in an exciting manner. Kevin Pariente had our best chance hitting a shot just wide from the edge of the 18 yard box. Creteil threatened too, Esteves was proving to be lively as expected and had a good header saved by Jeremy Gavanon. The second half began just as the first half had, but with goalmouth action appearing even quicker. Just two minutes into the half and there was a third goal in the game. Once more, we fell behind and once more it was Helder Esteves. We failed to clear a ball in our area and eventually it found its way to the feet of Esteves who buried a low driving shot straight into the bottom right corner. A good finish but a gift for Creteil.

Again though, we didn't throw our toys out the pram. Within five minutes we had levelled. A corner kick was stood up by Abdellah Kharbouchi, Jan Koller rose highest and his header was well saved by Richard Trivino, only for Steven Paulle to react quickest and smash the ball into the net. The players were thrilled to have come back and i could see that we were fired up now. Four minutes later, there was a fifth and decisive goal in the game. This time we took the lead! A great run down the left from Sebastien Gimenez saw him cut the ball back for Mourad Badra. Badra hit a curling strike that had no chance of going in, however it took a wicked deflection off of Julien Outrebon the Creteil centre back. A slice of luck no doubt but we couldn't care less and we went back to Cannes with three points and a firm foot in the promotion spots. Approaching the end of November we were in a good position sitting in second place, two points behind Troyes, one ahead of Pacy and two ahead of Rodez in fourth. Confidence was high and we went into every game knowing we were capable of getting the right result.

---------- Post added at 12:29 PM ---------- Previous post was yesterday at 11:42 PM ----------
AS Cannes v FC Guegnon- French National
We played Guegnon away earlier in the season and found it difficult going. We came away with three points in a hard fought contest and we knew that Guegnon would provide a difficult encounter again here today. Their main threat was striker Robin Previtali, he's got 11 goals this season and was a real threat last time we played them, scoring their goal. We made one change to the side for today's game. Pierre Vignaud returned at left back in place of Sebastien Gimenez.

AS Cannes starting lineup: Gavanon(GK), Leoni(DR), Vignaud(DL), Ponge(DC), Paulle(DC), Kharbouchi(MR), Pariente(ML), Badra(MC), Milambo(MC), Koller(FC), Malm(FC).

We got off to the worst possible start. Just three minutes in and we went one down. A corner kick was stood up to the back post and that man Previtali was in the right place at the right time to head home, it was poor poor marking. Things didn't get much better as the half wore on. Previtali was really causing problems with his pace and Jeremy Gavanon saved well to prevent him doubling Guegnon's lead. Four minutes before half time, completely against the run of play, we managed to equalise. Kevin Pariente produced a great ball into the box and Albert Milambo bombed forward and got his head on the end of it to score. A great time to equalise and hopefully we'd lift ourselves for the second half.

We didn't. Two minutes into the half, Guegnon went in front again. We really don't get out of the traps well at the start of halves. Mohamed Youssouf got at Pierre Vignaud and put a superb cross in for Previtali to head home again. 2-1 Guegnon and we had it all to do. On the hour mark, things got even worse. Jan Koller lost his rag completely and went in two footed on Guegnon captain Leonard Mendy. It was a red card and we could have no complaints. Down to ten men, a goal behind and playing poorly. Excellent.

The remaining half hour seemed to fly by. Nothing went our way, substitue Eric Bautheac had a goal disallowed for offside and Guegnon could arguably have gone down to ten men also when Mohamed Youssouf brrought down Pierre Vignaud, already on a yellow, it seemed inevitable he would head down the tunnel but he didn't and i just knew it wasn't to be our day. The full time whistle blew and we came away with nothing. Guegnon deserved the win and tempers flared in the tunnel.

Abdlellah Kharbouchi got into a scrap with Guegnon's Abdel Jamai. They needed to be separated and it was a good thing the referee didn't see it or Kharbouchi could've seen red after the game. I gave the players a dressing down. Told them it wasn't acceptable and that if they think they can win two or three on the trot and then take their foot off the gas, they were completely wrong. Jan Koller seemed lifeless in the corner. He apologised and i said that it simply wasn't good enough, The most experienced head on the pitch and he goes and gets sent off. I told Jan in private that he'd be fined a weeks wages and that he should set a better example. Jan agreed and vowed to make amends. He needed to and so did the rest of the side. Defeats are acceptable but poor performances like that really aren't.

Last edited:
love it :) bad defeat at the end but you're still standing in good stead.

A decent run comes to a bitter end. At least Super Franck might get a game now with koller suspended!

Thanks for the comments guys, glad to have you still on board.

Cup fever
We faced Olympique Noisy-Le-Sec in the French cup 7th round at home, a game we should comfortably win. Noisy are a league below us and sitting 10th so anything but a convincing win would be disappointing. We used the game to rest several players and gave some fringe players a chance, including Vincent Di Bartolomeo, Alexis Bertin, Rudy Gestede and Cyril Arbaud.

AS Cannes starting lineup: Gavanon(GK), Marie(DR), Vignaud(DL), Di Bartolomeo(DC), Paulle(DC), Kharbouchi(MR), Gimenez(ML), Bertin(MC), Milambo(MC), Arbaud(FC), Gestede(FC).

The result was as convincing as I’d hoped for. We went one up after 24 minutes. Abdellah Kharbouchi was having a field day down the right and clipped a great ball back post for Cyril Arbaud to volley home, a great finish from the veteran forward. Eight minutes later it was two. Albert Milambo went on a soaring run through the middle of the park before exchanging passes with Rudy Gestede and finishing well from the edge of the 18 yard box. It was plain sailing and Noisy couldn’t get near us.

On the stroke of half time we got a third. Milambo again went on a burst through the middle before sliding Gestede in and he cooly chipped over the Noisy goalkeeper. The second half saw us go easy almost. We did manage a fourth though. Cyril Arbaud getting his second of the game with a good header after a dangerous delivery from Sebastien Gimenez. It finished 4-0 and the fans went home happy, as did myself and the players. Simply put, it was job done and now onto more important matters.

AS Cannes v AS Beauvais Oise
After our cup exploits we needed to get back to winning in the league. Beauvais are a good, well organised side who’d look to frustrate us and counter attack when possible. We knew it’d be a tough encounter but I hoped we’d be patient and take chances when they came our way. We put out a different side to the one who beat Noisy in the cup. Boris Ponge returned to face his old side, Kevin Pariente also came in, Mourad Badra replaced Alexis Bertin in midfield and Robert Malm replaced the injured Cyril Arbuad. A shame for Arbaud as he would have got a first league start.

AS Cannes starting lineup: Gavanon(GK), Marie(DR), Vignaud(DL), Ponge(DC), Paulle(DC), Kharbouchi(MR), Pariente(ML), Badra(MC), Milambo(MC), Malm(FC), Gestede(FC).

The game unfolded just as expected. Beauvais parked the bus in front of the goal as one great manager says. We couldn’t break them down in the first half, Beauvais didn’t threaten going forward at all and the first half was about as boring as they come. The second half wasn’t much better. Beauvais did venture forward a bit more but not enough to threaten us. We looked much more comfortable going forward in the second half. Mourad Badra had one of his typical thunderous shots that was well saved. Rudy Gestede hardly had any impact and was replaced in the 68th minute by young Franck Kanga. Kanga came on and livened things up, his pace was a threat to Beauvais backline and five minutes from time Kanga got in behind the defence and was brought down in the box. It was a penalty kick. My nerves and the whole stadiums were on edge.

Up stepped Robert Malm, such an experienced head in such a pressure situation. He was the man for the occasion surely. Up he stepped, a slight shimmy in between. Goes to the keepers left and the ball squeezes underneath Damien Rascle in the Beauvais goal. 1-0 Cannes and finally the breakthrough. A massive win and we were thrilled to have beaten the Beauvais backline. We knew it’d be a long 90 minutes and at times it looked like one of those days but to get a goal so late sent the dressing room into ecstasy. The players were buzzing and next up was a game away at Stade Plabennecois. Time to gather some momentum.

hahaa yess, loving this story, really am. can we get some screenshots?

Haha there is something lovable about Franck. Shame your story is ending btw. And samillyroy i will try and post some screenshots, though they'll probably be of games, not tables etc. as i have finished the season! Let the guessing begin where i finished... Just had a read through your Schalke story too, keep that going, it's a good read.

and those screenshots sound good :) that was all I wanted really.
and yeah I liked my schalke story to but the game file got corrupted :'( so I've had to start a new story with chelsea, feel free to follow that instead please :)..
but for sure, keep this going, I'm awaiting the next update :D

very good just sat and read it all! very detailed!! can you check out mine, Bullys back at Wolves, Thanks!! :D

Sorry, been very busy, will get a post or two in tomorrow for all those following.

Somehow my post has just gone??

---------- Post added at 03:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:27 PM ----------
Stade Plabennecois v AS Cannes- French National
Off the back of a cup win and a league win, we were hoping for three on the spin today. Rarely have we managed to actually achieve that and though i was confident, i wasn't getting carried away at all. Plabennecois would provide stern opposition and we've often slipped up against sides like them. We made two changes to the side that beat Beauvais. Young Franck Kanga took the place of Rudy Gestede up front and Stephane Leoni came in at right back for the suspended Romauld Marie.

AS Cannes starting lineup: Gavanon(GK), Leoni(DR), Vignaud(DL), Ponge(DC), Paulle(DC), Kharbouchi(MR), Pariente(ML), Badra(MC), Milambo(MC), Malm(FC), Kanga(FC).

There's always action from the off in our matches and unfortunately it went against us on this occasion. Juts four minutes in and Plabennecois took the lead. A corner kick was whipped in dangerously and we failed to clear our lines allowing Jean-Michel Abiven to blast past the helpless Jeremy Gavanon. We immediately missed a great chance to level. Franck Kanga was the guilty party. Abdellah Kharbouchi stood a great ball up to the back post for Kanga to head against the post. We were made to pay. In the 38th minute, Plabennecois scored a second. It was Abiven again, this time it was brilliant. He picked it up just inside our half and drove at our defence, we backed off and backed off, and Abiven fired a low strike into the bottom left corner. Why we didn't go and close him down i do not know, and now it was an uphill task.

The second half saw us pull one back early on. Mourad Badra picked the ball up 25 yards out after a cleared corner and chipped a delicate ball into the area for Steven Paulle to head home powerfully, a route back in perhaps. As the half wore on, we continued to press for the equaliser. Robert Malm missed a good chance following a great move down the left flank. Kevin Pariente had a free kick well saved and Paulle hit the post from a corner, but it just wouldn't go in. It finished 2-1 and yet again the start of a good run seemed possible but yet again it failed to happen. Defeat here left us with a bitter taste in our mouths and we were now third in the table, a four way fight for three promotion places, games like these were swinging it out of our hands. We can't keep throwing away games like this. Something has to change.
---------- Post added at 03:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:31 PM ----------

Another Reimy day
Just a few days on from the defeat to Plabennecois and the place had been like a graveyard. Players were down, staff were down, admittedly i was down. But we had to pick ourselves up and fast. The players were starting to moan and groan a bit, those who were warming the bench were growing frustrated, those starting were beginning to doubt we could sustain a promotion push. I couldn't believe it. We're inconsistent yes but we're still third in the table!!

AS Cannes v Stade de Reims- French National
Reims sit just outside the top half and are a side i'm confident we can and should beat. We made two changes for the game. Jan Koller returned from suspension in place of Franck Kanga who dropped to the bench. Robert Malm picked up a virus yesterday and was replaced by Rudy Gestede.

The game started well. We began surprisingly bubbly and Jan Koller missed a good early chance, narrowly heading wide. We continued to press but our play was getting sloppy and our finishing going to waste, Rudy Gestede missing a couple of good chances but we went in at half time goalless and something needed changing.

I told the players it wasn't good enough, they were disappointing me, the fans and themselves. Reims were posing us no threat whatsoever and our class should be shining through against teams like this. I told them to lift it or there'd be changes in store, we had a real chance of promotion and i wasn't gonna let performances like this go easily. I hurled Jan Koller off there and then. For someone of his experience, his display was awful. He nodded in agreement, a surprise somewhat considering his controversial approach when i first came to the club. On came Franck Kanga. Could he be the difference?

Within five minutes of coming on Kanga should have scored, he blazed a shot high and wide from just six yards out, a real disappointing miss from the youngster. We had certainly lifted it in this half and Abdellah Kharbouchi hit a great free kick just past the post, it was a case of nearly but not quite. With twenty minutes left, we went for it. On came Stephen Vincent for Pierre Vignaud and we changed to a 3-4-3 system. Immediately Vincent went close, rattling the crossbar with a venomous strike. Would it ever go in?

With two minutes to go and the fans beginning to leave the Stade Pierre de Coubertin, Steven Paulle launched a long ball upfield. Rudy Gestede brought it down brilliantly and layed off to Albert Milambo, who chipped a brilliant through ball into the path of Franck Kanga. The Cameroonian was one on one with Johan Liebus in the Reims goal and with all the composure of an experienced pro, he blasted the ball past Liebus into the top corner!! Goal at last and relief all around the place.

'Look to your right', sighed Gilbert Angelotti. Offside. Unbelievable. That summed it all up perfectly.

Last edited: