Cannot Set Contract Length With Transfer Target

LepidusXVI

Reaction score
I've seen a couple similar, but not identical issues in my searches.

Here is the deal. There is a GK I want to sign. His contract has expired with his club, but he is there on a rolling deal. To sign him directly would cost me a few hundred thousand in automatic fees. However, his club will accept a transfer bid of $0.

So I send that, I click negotiate with when they accept and this is what I'm greeted with (attachment).

Note I cannot set the contract length to anything. And his "Transfer Date" is grayed out. As you can see from the date, I'm inside a transfer window.

Note: If I try and sign him directly, I can sign him fine. However, it costs me 200k I'd rather not spend!

have you tried clicking the use existing terms button, if you're lucky it might set it to a 3 year contract.

Yep. Tried that. No dice.

I also tried resending the transfer offer for $2, just to see if that was an issue. No luck. Sounds like I either pay $210k or hope he quits the team soon.

in that case i don't know, sorry

maybe someone else will have an answer.

He has resigned with his team, so the opportunity is now lost.

If anyone has an answer though, it might help future generations who Google this issue :)

ive got the same problem and i cant sign him. im Salisbury and he would be the perfect player but the transfer box is greyed out :/