I aknowleged this is a BETA, i said that in a post in this thread. I dont moan and Im not a window licker. I just said what happened in my games. If you want more videos like the one I posted, then I will upload more until you realise the match engine is broken by more than 1 bug. The fact that it will be adjusted in the final release, it doesnt change the fact that RIGHT NOW it's BAD.

1. GK bug has already been noticed by hundreds of people on SI forums.
2. CB not making corect pressing has also been noticed aswell.
=> Defending is **** and if it is not for everyone, then maybe it's just a bug in random situations, but this happened to me in 2 saves already with 2 different teams and 2 different tactical setups. I name it BROKEN because it is not a random thing that happened once or twice, it happned almost every single match I played on these 2 saves. I also play as Milan, so I have good coaches and decent players that are not supposed to make those mistakes so often.

Brilliant, that's exactly what they want. Bug reporting to help improve the final release.

'RIGHT NOW IT IS BAD' - Of course it is, it's a BETA! Don't play a BETA if you want a polished version of a game, it's rule number one of gaming. I don't need any videos to tell me that. I know that and i haven't even played the BETA. I know it becuase it's a BETA. History tells us that even the full game often has problems that get fixed by subsequent patches, so of course the BETA will be flawed.

I never called you specifically a window licker. It was a general statement referring to many years of posts from many people asking for the demo earlier and earlier, or saying the game releases too late, or even when they first started doing public BETA access, that the BETA came too late. So now they release BETA (in it's very definition an unfinished version) nice and early and people (like you) make statements like 'the match engine is broken.' - You must understand this is frustrating to hear year after year for the people releasing the game, or the people like me trying to help run forums. Without intervention this thread descends into posts talking about the match engine being broken as a fact, and most people reading them will eliminate the word 'BETA' from their minds and go into the game with a negative mindset, or maybe not even buy it at all.

@Jake

1. I know this game is a BETA.
2. I do know what a BETA is. I know the definition.
3. I didnt expect this to be a perfect release.
4. I am not complaining about the bugs, I just try to reveal them and talk to other people about it. Why ? Because I wanna know what they experience.
5. I think it is allowed to talk about BETA bugs.
6. I do play the BETA. Why ? Because I wanna get familiar with the game (it's features) by the time it will be released in full version.

I always buy the game, no matter how many bugs it has even after the final release in 7th November. I do that because I respect what this game offeres to me, they joy. Again, I am not complaining, I am not crying, I am not moaning about it. I just make true statements based on the bugs I've encountered and then talk with other people about it.

@Jake

1. I know this game is a BETA.
2. I do know what a BETA is. I know the definition.
3. I didnt expect this to be a perfect release.
4. I am not complaining about the bugs, I just try to reveal them and talk to other people about it. Why ? Because I wanna know what they experience.
5. I think it is allowed to talk about BETA bugs.
6. I do play the BETA. Why ? Because I wanna get familiar with the game (it's features) by the time it will be released in full version.

I always buy the game, no matter how many bugs it has even after the final release in 7th November. I do that because I respect what this game offeres to me, they joy. Again, I am not complaining, I am not crying, I am not moaning about it. I just make true statements based on the bugs I've encountered and then talk with other people about it.

OK no problem, your posts seem more reasoned than they did earlier with statements like 'the match engine is broken.' and 'gk's are a joke'

Please understand for a short period every year we have to be a little more heavy handed than usual. Discuss away, try to ask what others have experienced, please share the videos of your own experiences, just try not to say 'its all broken and **** and blah blah blah' - because to us staff, even if well reasoned in your mind, it can come across as another moan post.

@Jake

I only used phrases like "match engine is broken" because i belived so. I had no intent to cause any offence. I was just trying to say that it's kinda unplayable at a decent level due to so many bugs. I just played a game and I have 4 big mistakes in this 1 single game. Yea, these may seem like huge mistakes that sometimes can happen, but it all happened in just one game. Keep in mind that this is how almost every game of mine look lilke. Please watch these 4 short vids, it only last 54 seconds in total.

1. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sCc-CZbygmM&list=UUUwWQ12tVs5IV1Ql_ubCF-w
2. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uCnqglwLg8A&list=UUUwWQ12tVs5IV1Ql_ubCF-w
3. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2R2TjA__77M&list=UUUwWQ12tVs5IV1Ql_ubCF-w
4. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FwZX8E1ngFE&list=UUUwWQ12tVs5IV1Ql_ubCF-w

1 is an under-hit backpass which does happen in real life.

2 is pretty infuriating but i have seen it happen, communication between defender and goalkeeper is poor, the defender simply gets out-muscled after inadvertently rounding the GK for the striker.

3 appears to relate to an over-willingness to retain possession at all costs even when being pressed high up the pitch (a problem teams managed by brendan rodgers have come across, especially when defenders like Skrtel are not great with the ball at their feet) which results in a classic example of a comical and exciting goalmouth scramble.

4 is poor but the goalie does appear to be injured making the goal easier to score.

Overall i feel these problems can be fixed with some minor tweaks relating to opposition teams pressing. It can be done intensely but not for 90 minutes, so perhaps if teams are able to terrorise opposing defences high up the pitch for a whole game then injuries/loss of fitness need to come into play to discourage it from happening. It is also somewhat strange to see so many examples in a single game. But, like in real life every team is capable of having a terrible game.

@Jake

I completly agree with you. As I said in the previous post " Yea, these may seem like huge mistakes that sometimes can happen, but it all happened in just one game". The thing is that all of these in 1 single game and yea, 1 team can have a really bad day but the problem is that this keeps going on and on every single game. It's either me or the opponent who is "having this bad day".

P.S This wonderful thing just happened. What can I say further ... No words.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oZc6JId0XLQ&list=UUUwWQ12tVs5IV1Ql_ubCF-w

Last edited:
Well, the Beta have some issues, as all betas have. I think this beta is the best SI have released. The bugs and issues should be easier to fix than in fm13 and fm14 beta. I'm looking forward to play the full version. Do you have any bugs and problems report it to the forums, then we all will receive a better FM15. <3

There is a lot of issues with the beta.

- Crossing turns into insane goals
- Defending can be like conference league XII
- The animations of the players with the ball looks strange in 3D
- Penalty shootout (So far 1crash on 10-10, lost one 18-17, won one 14-13. Total GOalie saves 0)

I Love the layout, and i realy cant wait for the full game to be released, but i have had over 10 crashes now and not half a season in, so im not going to bother anymore.

Sidenote: It's a crime Ødegård is not in the game for us norwegians!

A handy translation for people in this thread...

Broken = "not quite coded correctly, will be better for launch"

The match engine is broken. No matter what you do, you wont be able to defend. GK's are a joke, they score own goals and so on. CB's will never mark opponents. IMO the match engine is completly broken until the final version.

This is the best match engine in any FM so far. This post alone indicates you have no idea what you're talking about.

When your own keeper scores 3 own goals in 5 games and your CB's are being caught up in posesion and concede goals every single game no matter what instructions you give them , trust me, it's broken. My goalkeepers cant retain a single ball. It doesnt matter if it's a long shot, a sort range shot, or any kind of shot (power - shots, slow - shots), my GK can never hold the ball. What he does, is punching into his own goal or to an opponent. This is just beyond retarded.

Your points might be valid if these issues happened to everyone, but as it seems isolated to you it's clearly not a problem in game. My Watford side have 13 clean sheets in 17 games, and plenty of others have had similar success.

Mate, what I've seen so far in this match engine ... it's hugely dissapointing. I know it's still a beta, but I've never experienced such a bad beta in FM editions so far. I am not the best FM player, but i am more than decent. I play it since 2010 and I have created some truly great tactics over the years. I also watch as much football as other people are doing enything else. I know what happens on a pitch IRL (like Arsenal - Sunderland), but those kind of stupid things happen against me almost every single game. I played on 2 saves (Sampdoria and AC Milan); GK's and CB's were just as bad in both saves against any kind of opposition. Diego Lopez is just as good as you or me would be in his place. Abiatti ... no words, he score 2 own goals in 2 consecutive games. Sergio Romero catched a ball, he had no pressure on him, he put the ball down to kick it and guess what: he scored an own goal .... if these things have a logical explanation, then please someone tell me what can i freakin do about it.

Firstly, stop assuming the game's broken and start wondering whether it might be your fault. Secondly, post examples of what you're talking about.

I aknowleged this is a BETA, i said that in a post in this thread. I dont moan and Im not a window licker. I just said what happened in my games. If you want more videos like the one I posted, then I will upload more until you realise the match engine is broken by more than 1 bug. The fact that it will be adjusted in the final release, it doesnt change the fact that RIGHT NOW it's BAD.

1. GK bug has already been noticed by hundreds of people on SI forums.
2. CB not making corect pressing has also been noticed aswell.
=> Defending is **** and if it is not for everyone, then maybe it's just a bug in random situations, but this happened to me in 2 saves already with 2 different teams and 2 different tactical setups. I name it BROKEN because it is not a random thing that happened once or twice, it happned almost every single match I played on these 2 saves. I also play as Milan, so I have good coaches and decent players that are not supposed to make those mistakes so often.

You've come up with two bugs.

This apparently makes the entire match engine bad.

Mhmm.

I'm fine if you want to level constructive criticism against the match engine, but only if you consider all possibilities and remain reasonable. Saying **** like 'OMG WURST ME EVAR' and 'SO BROKED WTF' will just make me ignore you.

Surely you would of expected there to be a few bugs? After all it is a BETA...

Generally the game is just broken, i had 25 shots against Southampton and they had 15 and i lost 8-3. I have the strongest defence in the league.

Generally the game is just broken, i had 25 shots against Southampton and they had 15 and i lost 8-3. I have the strongest defence in the league.

No, it is not broken. Also, you can't just say stuff like that without explanation.

No, it is not broken. Also, you can't just say stuff like that without explanation.

Stop trying to defend it so much, when your defenders head the ball into the net on purpose and your keeper can't catch you know the game is broken.

Stop trying to defend it so much, when your defenders head the ball into the net on purpose and your keeper can't catch you know the game is broken.

I'll do what I like, thank you. Provide proof.

never experienced this... is Vergini your defender? He scores cracking OG's

Need a bit of help with my defending on this game. I've tried several different formations, mentalities, shapes, training methods but nothing seems to be working. Settled on this one tactic because it was okay going forward, scored 86 in my first season (Conceding 69), but now the goals have dried up and now I'm just conceding goals. Was wondering if anybody could help. I'll put the tactic below if that will be helpful. Thanks.
While GC is entertaining himself, I thought I'd ask a question, if I may. Do you change this setup at all depending on who you play or any other factor?

@ GodCubed

Check all the videos I posted on this thread. If that is not a perfect example of bugs, then ....

Okay, first of all, you have 3 players who won't really bother dropping deep at all to defend. That means:

- You're going to be deadly on the counter, if you get the ball
- You're going to have issues defending, especially on the flanks for obvious reasons.
- If the opposition isn't particularly attacking, you have a 3 v 4 disadvantage on the counter which they should win most of the time.
- This is made worse, because you don't have fullbacks supporting the front 3 quick enough.
- It's also not helped by the fact that you don't have any midfielders breaking forward.

So what's happening in a game? Your defence/midfield get the ball and because of the Attacking mentality, look forward for options, when there is none. Your front 3 are outnumbered mostly. They hit a long hopeful ball to them, but the defence deals with it easily and you're under attack again.

Honestly, it's not a good tactic. There's no movement between the lines. No defenders are joining the M strata. No midfielders breaking forward and no forwards (counting AML/R too, as that's what you've made them) dropping deep. It's plain and one-dimensional. Your problem isn't so much that you can't defend; it's that you can't really attack, because you're defending too much.

Sorry, that was completely off-topic. Continue.

Last edited:
@ GodCubed

Check all the videos I posted on this thread. If that is not a perfect example of bugs, then ....

They're mostly not, as Jake covered. I'm pretty sure you don't quite know what an actual bug looks like.

Okay, first of all, you have 3 players who won't really bother dropping deep at all to defend. That means:

- You're going to be deadly on the counter, if you get the ball
- You're going to have issues defending, especially on the flanks for obvious reasons.
- If the opposition isn't particularly attacking, you have a 3 v 4 disadvantage on the counter which they should win most of the time.
- This is made worse, because you don't have fullbacks supporting the front 3 quick enough.
- It's also not helped by the fact that you don't have any midfielders breaking forward.

So what's happening in a game? Your defence/midfield get the ball and because of the Attacking mentality, look forward for options, when there is none. Your front 3 are outnumbered mostly. They hit a long hopeful ball to them, but the defence deals with it easily and you're under attack again.

Honestly, it's not a good tactics. There's no movement between the lines. No defenders are joining the M strata. No midfielders breaking forward and no forwards (counting AML/R too, as that's what you've made them) dropping deep. It's plain and one-dimensional. Your problem isn't so much that you can't defend; it's that you can't really attack.

Sorry, that was completely off-topic. Continue.

Perfectly well said. This is the good stuff, don't apologise.