cant really get into a game :( ...

csa99

Reaction score
i really like football manager and have been playing it for years but i just cant really seem to get into a game, i normally get bored after a month has gone and start a new game
i like it better when the regems come through and the game has progressed if you know what i mean
any tips on how to stick at it?

Try downloading one of the save games from 2023 or whatever year and try that if you like the regens.

why dont you start at LLM, and work your way up to the top, believe me its so fun

could I have a link to one of those saves, having the same issue ;/

Give your self a few challenges, something like Blackpool, or go to a country out off your comfort zone where you don't know any off the players..

Try playing in a smaller league you've never tried before...Ukraine's a good one. Breaking the duopoly of Shaktar and Dynamo is really hard, and even if you do, the Champions League is a big challenge. Or try a really small league. See if you can make it out of the Champions League group stage with an Icelandic team. I would also recommend managing in South America. I'm doing my first South America save right now (in Argentina) and I really enjoy it. It's a big challenge. You have way less player knowledge, really tight budgets, and there are no easy teams. You also get amazing regens, and it's fun to develop a great player and then sell him off to Europe for a ridiculous fee.

Try being a journeyman
start unemployed
with professional experience then dont stay at a club formore than 6-8 months

I did that
Athletic Club - Fulham - Aston Villa - Internaziole

That's the same with me really. Started off with Aston Villa, then Huddersfield, then Corinthians, Southampton, Hercules, and finally Napoli.

Iwas just about to raise the same topic. really can't get into this years one. Must have over 5 saves now due to getting bored...never had this problem before ( been playing since cm01-02) cm4 is still my fav and play it regulary. I dont get the buzz like i used to when i sign a player don't know what it is...beating your rivals is nails so no fun there either...is fm getting to in depth creating boredom??
might try the french or german league never done that yet?? maybe a future save of somebodies??
maybe LOSC or rc lens..

Last edited:
I had that problem, I was 6 teams in one day, and then I went too Málaga and it's really good, you should try them. :)

me personally i want a team where the youngsters get a chance from the start. ( next gen superstars )

I completed a season with telford and then I got bored off it after winning the league in first season.

Went to ranger's my fave team and I'm enjoying it as were a decent team but were not the best so I get a decent challenge plan on staying until I get bored then become manager of Scotland:)

I get the exact same, like i play with Swansea for a bit, get them to the Premier League, then get bored of struggling in the Premier League, so start a new game with either Manchester City or Chelsea, win everything in the first season and get bored of that too, so try managing a non league team like Dover Athletic, get them promoted and then get bored again. But now im getting into my game with Swansea, just by playing an hour or two at a time. I think i used to hate being Swansea cause i hate changing the team too much, but i signed some great young foreign talent and kept the majority of the Swansea team. Like usually i get a complete overhaul and sign as many good players as i can, but this time i looked at where my assistant manager said i need improving (anything less than 3 stars i try and improve on) and im in my 3rd season now and still have players like Ashley Williams and Darren Pratley in my starting line up

I think Im the master here. LOL, I never am able to get into games.

Ive played these teams-
Hercules, Barca, Man Utd, Spurs, Aston Villa, Leeds, San Marino, Inter, Napoli, Q.P.R, Dynamo Kyiv, Dnipro, NK Dinamo, FC United of Manchester, Leverkusen(won the treble in Season 1),Nacional, Santos, Porto, HSV, Juventus and a few I might have missed.

Currently Im managing Burnley

Last edited:
I've had the same problem for a long time now. My suggestion is to try experimenting with tactics. It can be a lot of fun, and breath new life into a stale game. I'm having a lot of fun right now trying to make a decent 3-6-1.

ok i'm thinking of stanting as a lower league team
but i dont know who to start with, i kind of want to start in Scotland thought (i live in scotland) any thoughts?