Capello "Rio did not turn up"

• Thread starter Thread starter CJACKO11
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 52
  • Views Views 3K
What's Capello actually done to upset Ferdinand? From what I have read, Capello arranged to meet Rio and he failed to turn up..

Even before that it was decided that Terry will be the captain isn't it. And why meet on a match day. Capello could have met on any other day rather than match day.

---------- Post added at 10:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:04 PM ----------

When he bothers to turn up....he doesn't care enough in my opinion.

Terry is the most passionate English player and deserves the armband. I get the impression that he would do anything to play for his country, and he puts his body on the line time and time again. Despite the allegations reguarding his private life I think all the England players respect him. He has a presence.

Also, Ashley Cole is always overlooked despite his experience and passion for his country. He rarely misses a game and I'm sure he would have had the opportunity to lead his country were it not for his off-field antics.

This. I hate him but Terry is the best captain not only for England but also in the league. I would rate him behind Keane (As i haven't seen Robson). Fantastic leader, **** of a person.

What's Capello actually done to upset Ferdinand? From what I have read, Capello arranged to meet Rio and he failed to turn up..
he didnt make any arrangements thats the point, he just assumed he would bump into him at the marseille game, as if its something you talk abut in public. Really not hard to make a phone call and schedule a 5 minute meeting...

Love to see where Rio has been squabbing about it...

Even before that it was decided that Terry will be the captain isn't it. And why meet on a match day. Capello could have met on any other day rather than match day.

What?

And does it matter what day they met on? He's crying about the armband, end of.

What?

And does it matter what day they met on? He's crying about the armband, end of.

Like Mike said can you post the article where Rio said what Arm band means to him instead of just assuming..

Edit It does matter what day you are meeting. If i was a club manager i would be ****** if my player is thinking about National team on the match day irrespective of his participation in the game.

for crying out loud.

Does it actually ******* matter?
what's done is done.

Terry is captain. Rio is not. Simple.

Wish the media would stop making a meal out of nothing every ******* time England play!

for crying out loud.

what's done is done.

Wish the media would stop making a meal out of nothing every ******* time England play!
this is england, we spend more time talking about snoods, girlfriends and armbands, than tactics, formations and performances sadly

he didnt make any arrangements thats the point, he just assumed he would bump into him at the marseille game, as if its something you talk abut in public. Really not hard to make a phone call and schedule a 5 minute meeting...

Love to see where Rio has been squabbing about it...

I haven't said anything about the meeting. I don't see how Capello has handled it so badly? Sure he expected to meet Rio at the Marseille game but it is only a switchover of the armband. It's not like he's forcing him into retirement or anything.

There has been numerous reports from the media about Rio being upset or whatever about it. I don't see why, what's the big deal about an armband?

for crying out loud.

what's done is done.

I wish people would stop saying that it does not matter. For me, captaining your country is the ultimate honour.

Where are Rio and JT squabbling? Your saying its childish from them but i cant see what either of them have done thats childish.. Capello on the other hand is a joke

Like Mike said can you post the article where Rio said what Arm band means to him instead of just assuming..

Edit It does matter what day you are meeting. If i was a club manager i would be ****** if my player is thinking about National team on the match day irrespective of his participation in the game.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/9424957.stm

Well there's the first one I could find, I could find more but I cannot be arsed. I don't see why? Rio is injured, he had nothing to do with the game.

I haven't said anything about the meeting. I don't see how Capello has handled it so badly? Sure he expected to meet Rio at the Marseille game but it is only a switchover of the armband. It's not like he's forcing him into retirement or anything.

There has been numerous reports from the media about Rio being upset or whatever about it. I don't see why, what's the big deal about an armband?

Any quotes from Rio? I dont think so..

seriously if you cant see how hes handled it badly you havent been following it at all. the numerous reports are from the one same source, repeated over and over Rio didnt even make a quote, its from a "source"

Its a simple issue, ring Rio, tell him hes not captain, everyone moves on, not hash it out badly over tw weeks in the media

I wish people would stop saying that it does not matter. For me, captaining your country is the ultimate honour.

Both have captained the country though. It doesn't mean anything in my book, if you're a leader, you're a leader, it doesn't matter whether you're wearing an armband or not.

Both have captained the country though. It doesn't mean anything in my book, if you're a leader, you're a leader, it doesn't matter whether you're wearing an armband or not.
your book =/= how the players feel about it, or most people tbh

He should have given JT the armband on a temp basis as i think its unfair on Rio, next time JT's injured are you going to give it someone else?
Obviously i want JT captain but i like Rio and thought he shouldn't of been treated like that..

Also are you seriously saying its just an armband?!?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/9424957.stm

Well there's the first one I could find, I could find more but I cannot be arsed. I don't see why? Rio is injured, he had nothing to do with the game.

Where are Rio quotes in that article. Just assumption,

And Capello said
"I will explain what happened in Denmark and what I think. I would understand if he is not happy but I am the manager. I have to take decisions."

This. If I was captain of my country, it would be the pinacle of my career-it would give me so much honour and pride. Its more than just an armband, it's leading YOUR country into battle against another country (in footballing terms). Just an armband is garbage. I'd give my left arm to be captain of the 3 Lions.

I know what you mean, there are so many leaders in the team so an armband doesn't really matter.

Having said that - if i was captain of my country, I would be so proud. To have that right taken away from you like it has been done is silly, I'd be disappointed and upset. Captaining your country has got to be one of if not the biggest honour for a player.

This. If I was captain of my country, it would be the pinacle of my career-it would give me so much honour and pride. Its more than just an armband, it's leading YOUR country into battle against another country (in footballing terms). Just an armband is garbage. I'd give my left arm to be captain of the 3 Lions.
This, while i think we obsess too much, to captain you country is an honour and a massive deal, just read the opinions of any england captain, in any sport (met Nick Easter about it and he was almost in tears over the pride of being captain)

This, while i think we obsess too much, to captain you country is an honour and a massive deal, just read the opinions of any england captain, in any sport (met Nick Easter about it and he was almost in tears over the pride of being captain)

I don't think we obsess with it too much at all, you look up to the captain and the country looks to the captain. It must mean so much to lead our your country on a big stage, to represent the country as you come together as a community for a game of football.

I say this because just look at Martin Johnson when we led England. When he won the World Cup - they say a picture speaks a thousand words or whatever it is they say.

Back