Capello's Future

If Capello Is Out, Who Is Next To Manage England?

• Harry Redknapp

Votes: 12 46.2%
  • Sven-Goran Eriksson

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Gareth Southgate

• Stuart Pearce

Votes: 5 19.2%
  • Kenny Dalglish

• Terry Venables

• Martin O'Neil

• Roy Hodgeson

Votes: 7 26.9%
  • Alan Shearer

• Someone Else?

Votes: 2 7.7%

• Total voters

Kylo

MAAAATTT DAMMOONNNNNN
Reaction score
Fellow members, and possibly still-sad England supporters,

After the shocking 4-1 defeat to the Germans, I personally think Capello should be out. Not just because of a terrible result, but i've never thought he was the man for the job, and now that England are on their way home, I think we should look for someone else.

- http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2010/jun/28/world-cup-2010-fabio-capello

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sh_ZthIVmhI"]YouTube- Fabio Capello Full Press Conference About His England Future[/ame]

Capello has been in charge for 2 years now, and has one of the best records as England manager, but I don't think he has had too many challenges, and when we do have challenges for example, Spain, Brazil or Germany, we have lost. Capello announced today that he is having a meeting with the chairman of the FA to speak about his future. But, a quote from Shearer says it all really, "If I was an employee, and my boss said to me, I'll tell you about your future in 2 weeks, I'd be worried". Personally, I think he'll go.. Which begs the question, who will replace him? To save many arguements over two topics, Capello and the job, I've set a poll for your opinions on the next manager.

So, what do you think? Is the Italian World Cup winner not enough for the English bulldog spirit, or do you think he'll stay, and attempt to redeem himself in the Euro's? I'm sure there will be many debates and discussions about this, so feel free to voice your opinion on the man, and the job. Don't forget to vote in the poll aswell.

Thanks,
Kylo (Previously known as FourFourTwo)

P.S: Reason I'm voting for Harry Redknapp.
- http://www.espn.co.uk/football/sport/story/31436.html

Last edited:
he has to go simple as that. he obviously cant manage these players and they need someone who can take them back to basics about the english game i.e Harry Redknapp.

he should be out world cup performances showed lack of confidence and heart and he picked totally wrong squad wrong formations ... do i need to go on?

After the shocking 4-1 defeat to the Germans, I personally think Capello should be out. Not just because of a terrible result, but i've never thought he was the man for the job, and now that England are on their way home, I think we should look for someone else.

YouTube- Fabio Capello Full Press Conference About His England Future

Capello has been in charge for 2 years now, and has one of the best records as England manager, but I don't think he has had too many challenges, and when we do have challenges for example, Spain, Brazil or Germany, we have lost. Capello announced today that he is having a meeting with the chairman of the FA to speak about his future. But, a quote from Shearer says it all really, "If I was an employee, and my boss said to me, I'll tell you about your future in 2 weeks, I'd be worried". Personally, I think he'll go.. Which begs the question, who will replace him? To save many arguements over two topics, Capello and the job, I've set a poll for your opinions on the next manager.

So, what do you think? Is the Italian World Cup winner not enough for the English bulldog spirit, or do you think he'll stay, and attempt to redeem himself in the Euro's? I'm sure there will be many debates and discussions about this, so feel free to voice your opinion on the man, and the job. Don't forget to vote in the poll aswell.

Thanks,
FourFourTwo.

Cough, could've sworn your user name is Kylo?

Anyways, don't think he should go. Qualification was near perfect, and you didn't lose any of your warm up games. I think the players are to blame. Maybe he needs to drop some big names to show that nobody is indispensible and make everyone work for their place.. like the Brazil team dropping Ronaldinho etc.

:O You called yourself FourFourTwo!

And I don't mind really, I think it's time to stop blaming the manager and start blaming the players, we currently have a manager with one of the best CV's in the world and we still can't prevail in the WC, we're gonna get nowhere chopping and changing, keep Capello, although I would like an Englishman if he goes.

YouTube- Fabio Capello Full Press Conference About His England Future

Thanks,
FourFourTwo.

not that simple as blaming capello. we've had 3 managers who have all said the same things about the players. everyone shares the balme here. players let him down as well. we dont knw what went on behind the scenes, whether there were players who just dont listen/or dont to the manager (john terry etc) in which that needs to be dealt

he has to go simple as that. he obviously cant manage these players and they need someone who can take them back to basics about the english game i.e Harry Redknapp.
no no no. redknapp will play 4-4-2, and thast exactly our failing. to play 4-4-2 at this level, you need incredible undertstanding, and tactical disclpline, quick defenders good on the ball and a able to play a high pressing game... we lack all of that. if you are going to get an english manager you are better off with stuart pearce or roy hodgson

Last edited:

Basics is all you will get with Redknapp.

Hes going nowhere, hes won a ridiculous amount of trophies, english people are too impatient and expect to win the world cup, when we are not good enough

Cough, could've sworn your user name is Kylo?

Yeah, but this is probably my first thread as Kylo, so hardly anyone has taken notice.

I'll change it for you babe.

Although Hodgson is a favourite,Redknapp pips it for me.The guy looks like he'd know what he was doing.

And,like Andry Gray mentioned on the WC Report on SSN earlier,the manager should be of English origin.

no no no. redknapp will play 4-4-2, and thast exactly our failing. to play 4-4-2 at this level, you need incredible undertstanding, and tactical disclpline, denfenders good on the ball and a able to play a high pressing game... we lack all of that. if you are going to get an english manager you are better off with stuart pearce or roy hodgson

4-4-2 for me is just another excuse. its a massivly tried and used formation world wide for me capello didnt have a relationship with any off the players and did things the wrong way. im not just blaiming capello because the players are hugely to blaime also they are proffesionals they should be able to play in any formation. redknapp is a proven brilliant man manager that is respected by all the players.

Hes going nowhere, hes won a ridiculous amount of trophies, english people are too impatient and expect to win the world cup, when we are not good enough

For the first time i agree with you.:D

He is stuck in the past and he has no experience in the English Premiere League whatsoever so yes she should definetly go

4-4-2 for me is just another excuse. its a massivly tried and used formation world wide for me capello didnt have a relationship with any off the players and did things the wrong way. im not just blaiming capello because the players are hugely to blaime also they are proffesionals they should be able to play in any formation. redknapp is a proven brilliant man manager that is respected by all the players.
capello was respected by all the players then something suddenly change, 4-4-2 isnt an excuse. we say this coming against egypt. unless you pull its off the way i said earlier, you will get picked apart you dont need me to tell you how many i times i banged on about it, and im not exactly a football guru. england are not good enough to play 4-4-2 at this level.

exactly they are professionals, they should listen to the manager wheteher they like him of not. and they've shown that they cant adapt to positon. i mean gerrard isnt even disclined enough to hold runs oof the left, and therefore be an option to rooney.

Either Hodgson or Redknapp. They both do the simple things well. And thats something England need.

I'd quite like to see him stay. He's a good manager and hopefully he's learned something from this world cup.

The whole we need an english manager thing seems like **** to me.

England have never performed no matter what manager has been in charged and its no surprise when they have the technical ability of a pregnant cow. It doesn't matter what manager we have now or for the next ten years we won't win anything until they change the whole aspect of the english game. Kids play on near full size pitches with goals so big they can't even reach the top, a goal kick is better for the opposition than a penalty because the children can't kick that far, every aspect of the english game from child's play onwards is to do with physical apsects not technical and until that it sorted we won't win anything no matter what manager we have. Funny how nearly every other country play on smaller than half size pitches until 16...and arsenal play 11 a side on half a pitch for half an hour at the end of every training day?