Capote

Sean

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Release: 24th March 2006

Capote is a 2005 biographical film that follows Truman Capote (portrayed by Philip Seymour Hoffman) on a writing assignment for The New Yorker in a small Kansas town where he investigates the gruesome murders of a local family. The film follows the events in Capote's life during the writing of his non-fiction novel, In Cold Blood.

It's got a good story but it isn't the most exciting film ever made, seeing as I fell asleep when I was watching it, but the second half of the film is better than the first and the story starts to get more interesting.

7/10

Hoffman is a great actor, from what I seen of Capote his character seemed nice and quirky.

u fall asleep during it and still giv it 7....

Yeh I fell asleep last night (was very late) and then watched the rest of it earlier today.

It does help if you actually know a tiny bit about Truman Capote before watching the film as there isn't really an introduction on the film and it saves you having to pick it up along the way.

I think Hoffman has a good chance of winning the best actor as he is very very good in it.

The woman is also up for best supporting female as well. She has a good chance too.