Career mode - Conference South

• Thread starter Thread starter Bambrox
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 53
  • Views Views 9K
Eastbourne 2 - 1 Eastleigh

View attachment 293569

Another win at least, not sure what has happened to the ammount of chances I was creating but I can't complain as long as the wins keep coming

@ lordofavp nice, how are you managing the consistant possession? I am finding that the hardest thing to obtain, I have tried control with short passes and the shouts to retain possession, pass to feet but It just does not give me consistant possession, I am guessing its because of the poor quality of players?

Basingstoke 2 - 4 Eastbourne

View attachment 293579

The winning streak continues and what a game! I even had to play a few reserves and a player out of position due to tiredness and injuries, I think we may have a winning tactic at last ;)

I am currently managing Eastleigh who start in the BSS. I managed to win the league comfortably in my first season (I got knocked out of both cups rather early though.), I think I only lost 2 or so games in the league. I also won the BSP in my second season although at times I thought I was going to lose my position on the top of the table to a recently relegated Burton.

The only advice I can offer is keep your tactics simple. Remember you are playing with terrible players so don't ask them to do too much or something too advanced or complicated. Your biggest enemy is how congested the fixtures are in the first 6 months or so. Keep a tight control of your finances, don't sign players for more than a year, stick to free transfers.

If you have anymore questions I'd be happy to help.

@ Michael19 Some very good points there, I have been very strict with my transfers, taking only free transfers, I totally agree with the congestion though, I am struggling with injuries and tired players at the moment

Eastbourne 3 - 2 Dartford

View attachment 293587

I really wasnt expecting this result, huge underdogs and the team are a division above me yet still managed to scrape the victory :D

@ Michael19 Some very good points there, I have been very strict with my transfers, taking only free transfers, I totally agree with the congestion though, I am struggling with injuries and tired players at the moment

I could only imagine how bad it would be if I stayed in the cups. The only real solution I can see for it is having a large squad to allow rotation, but that isn't really possible at the conference level.

Chelmsford 1 - 4 Eastbourne

View attachment 293603

Another nice little victory, am wondering how long I can keep this winning streak up though as am really struggling with tired and injured players

Seeing as the tactic seems to be working here is the modified version

Nicks 5-2-1-2(2).tac

I could only imagine how bad it would be if I stayed in the cups. The only real solution I can see for it is having a large squad to allow rotation, but that isn't really possible at the conference level.

haha, I think that is my problem, I am still in the FA cup and the FA trophy is about to start, I have no idea how I got this far in the FA cup though, I put it down to luck as I felt I was out for sure against Dartford in the 1st round

Eastbourne 5 - 1 Faversham (FA trophy 3rd qualifying round)

View attachment 294119

Dominated this game from start to finish, definitely liking this tactic now, now I can focus on strengthening my squad

Eastbourne 3 - 2 Truro

View attachment 294125

Didnt play great this game but still snatched the draw in extra time at least that shows that the team never give up I suppose

Bath 0 - 3 Eastbourne

View attachment 294137

Felt for sure I would lose this game but i didnt so the 10 game unbeaten streak continues, not sure how long this will last though! :)

Eastbourne 0 - 3 Morcambe (FA cup 2nd round)

View attachment 294141

Have to say I saw this coming, a team 3 divisions above me were always favourites to win this, I'm just glad they didn't score more and destroy my teams confidence

Maidenhead 1 - 1 Eastbourne

View attachment 294150

The team played really poorly this game and to be honest I was lucky to get the draw, I cant help but feel that it was because of the heavy defeat I suffered at the hands of Morcambe in the previous game

Eastbourne 0 - 1 Salisbury

View attachment 294152

Seem to have hit a rough patch of late two losses and a draw in the last three games is kind of hard to take but I blame the ammount of injuries and tired players I have, hopefully the next game will see an end to the slump in form

Eastbourne 2 - 1 Sutton Utd

View attachment 294322

An end to the slump in form despite having a player sent off in the first half, have to say I feared the worst when he was sent off

Eastbourne 2 - 0 Havant & Waterlooville

View attachment 294324

Another win and another clean sheet, created a lot of chances too which is always nice to see, I still haven't managed to perfect the possession though but I suppose it is what you do with the possession that you have that is more important

Back