Career mode - Conference South

• Thread starter Thread starter Bambrox
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 53
  • Views Views 9K
Eastbourne 1 - 0 Dover

View attachment 294325

An extremely close match but th team were able to ****** the victory, still second in the league though but with two games in hand the elusive first spot should be mine soon

Well, I decided to get stuck into the season and carry on with the rest of my matches to see just how effective the tactic was over the course of a season and this is the result

View attachment 295185View attachment 295190

I'm very happy to say I won the Conference south in my first season by one point with this tactic. Now to see if it works in the Conference Premier

Eastbourne 2 - 1 Braintree

View attachment 295191

Well, First game of the new season and first game in the Conference Premier see's the team continuing their winning ways, I remain hopeful for the tactic

I decided that I would knuckle down and play a few games, I adjusted the tactic slightly from attacking to standard and this seems to have helped me perform better against the stronger clubs in this league, anyway after half the season it looked like this

View attachment 298683

and as a result I was headhunted by Morcambe, I decided to accept their generous offer of League 2 competition and so my career moves on

Northampton 0 - 2 Morcambe

View attachment 298684

My first game in charge of Morcambe and my first chance to test the tactic in a different team and at a higher level results in a quite comprehensive away victory, onwards and upwards!

Just a small note, I reverted the strategy back to "attacking"

Last edited:
Barnet 0 - 1 Morcambe

View attachment 298691

My second game in charge of Morcambe brings another clean sheet and most importantly 3 points, a potentially hazardous start averted, hopefully I can keep them up

Barnet 0 - 1 Morcambe

View attachment 298691

My second game in charge of Morcambe brings another clean sheet and most importantly 3 points, a potentially hazardous start averted, hopefully I can keep them up

Initially, I assumed that this thread would be a tactic discussion thread on how to best utulize players in the lower leagues. Now however, it looks like an update thread from your save. Perhaps post in the " post your succes thread" or the "story forum etc ?

Morcambe 3 - 1 Hartlepool

View attachment 298693

Awesome result, at the start of this match Hartlepool were top of League 2 and Morcambe were 20th so I was expecting to lose and just hoping it wasnt 2 or 3 nil so to get this was a real surprise and I feel shows just how well the tactic is working now

Initially, I assumed that this thread would be a tactic discussion thread on how to best utulize players in the lower leagues. Now however, it looks like an update thread from your save. Perhaps post in the " post your succes thread" or the "story forum etc ?

Sorry I am posting the results to show that the tactic is working, also making notes as I tweak the tactic, how do I move the thread?

Sorry I am posting the results to show that the tactic is working, also making notes as I tweak the tactic, how do I move the thread?

I am not having a go at you, it's just that I see no tactic in the Opening post or any reasoning behind your approach, tweaks. I have no problem with it being posted here in the tactic section it's just that it's not really about what your wrote in the opening post, the thread being a help for people starting at the very bottom and this confused me a bit

Sorry I dont understand how you can say that there is no reasoning behind my approach, isnt that all outlined in the opening post? Maybe I am misunderstanding what you mean?

my tweaks all clearly say why eg "my attack wasnt converting enough chances" so I changed the striker to a deep lying forward etc

I also dont see how you can say that it is not about helping people at the bottom when it clearly outlines a tactic, later after the tactic has been tested links it for download, outlines the reasons for specifics and then presents results as evidence...

I am a novice at this so forgive me if I have presented it all wrong and I dont mean this to sound at all like I am having a go at you its just hard to put down what I am trying to get across to you without it sounding argumentative :)

Sorry I dont understand how you can say that there is no reasoning behind my approach, isnt that all outlined in the opening post? Maybe I am misunderstanding what you mean?

my tweaks all clearly say why eg "my attack wasnt converting enough chances" so I changed the striker to a deep lying forward etc

I also dont see how you can say that it is not about helping people at the bottom when it clearly outlines a tactic, later after the tactic has been tested links it for download, outlines the reasons for specifics and then presents results as evidence...

I am a novice at this so forgive me if I have presented it all wrong and I dont mean this to sound at all like I am having a go at you its just hard to put down what I am trying to get across to you without it sounding argumentative :)

Sorry, it's me being unclear. It the OP you say that this thread will help people playing in the lower leagues ( as opposed to most other threads here) but I find no reasoning behind why this approach is better suited for LL teams than any other tactic/approach.

This was why I wondered if this was a tactic thread for LL teams or just an update of your save.

About the tone in our conversation: I don't think any of is trying to be harsh ;)

Ah i see, No I havent stated that at all have I lol, My idea was to try to make the lower league team play like Barcelona, Swansea or the Liverpool of old, the short passing, possession game, rather than having to stick to the old idea of lower league cannot play like this when they clearly can

sorry for the confusion I should have put that in the opening post, will edit it now

Back