Carling cup thread 2011/12

No wonder no one gives a **** about the League Cup. The draw is the biggest pile of wank ever.

No wonder no one gives a **** about the League Cup. The draw is the biggest pile of wank ever.

I think Exeter Fans will after they got Liverpool at home. Fair play too them, hopefully they will get trashed 11-0 though.

I think Exeter Fans will after they got Liverpool at home. Fair play too them, hopefully they will get trashed 11-0 though.

Thing is I was half wanting the MASSIVES to beat Blackpool so we could get them in the next round. But it turns out we cant even play them.

Didn't turn out all bad though. Everton away

3 promoted PL teams seemed to get smashed lol

big game for us tonight v Liverpool on sky at 7.45 if anyone wants to watch. unfortunately i couldn't get tickets and now sold out so ill be watching on tv
a few interesting stories in todays news on the game below
Exeter City thrive despite lack of money | Mail Online
What The Carling Cup Tie Against Liverpool Means For Exeter City - SBNation.com
Michael Jackson, Uri Geller, fans' songs: it's the Ex factor - FA & League Cups, Football - The Independent
would love it if we could win but expect Liverpool to put out a strong team after going out to northampton last year

Bolton 0 Macclesfield 1

Wtf?! XD

Suprisingly strong side from Liverpool tonight.

Killing me with no links to match. No links anywhere. Gonna have to sweat it out

---------- Post added at 08:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:27 PM ----------

Get in. Everton 2-1 up. Thank god for that.

3-1 now. Game over. Arteta with the follow up to Barkleys shot.

---------- Post added at 09:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:43 PM ----------

West Ham crashing out by looks of it

West Ham 1 Aldershot 2

Last edited:
Middlesbrough through comfortably, 2-0 v P'Bro away.

Apparently The Hammers had an absolute WesternSuper of a match. If I was them though, I'd concentrate more on promotion rather than the CC.

Comfortably through. 3-1 against a side who played well. More positives than negatives.

Newcastle 1-0 down to Scunthorpe..lol. that is all

---------- Post added at 10:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:36 PM ----------

Newcastle 2 Scunthorpe 1 (113th minute). They're dam, dam lucky

Newcastle 1-0 down to Scunthorpe..lol. that is all

---------- Post added at 10:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:36 PM ----------

Newcastle 2 Scunthorpe 1 (113th minute). They're dam, dam lucky

Good goal from Ameobi though. He's done quite well

Good goal from Ameobi though. He's done quite well

Had a good game-the rest of the players were definately below par. Gosling was snatching at chances and had an iffy game. Another team that needs to buy replacements.

Bad luck to Scunny.

Cannot believe it went to extra time. I would much rather have lost after 90 minutes. We have a big game on Saturday against Sheffield Wednesday and some mug arranged the Carling Cup game for Thursday. Surely 2 games in 3 days is abit much?

At least we put in a good performance at home for a change. They say that Scunny will get £120,000 plus for that game. Hopefully we can invest in the team.

Round 3 Carling Cup

Aldershot
v Rochdale, R3, 19:45
Arsenal v Shrewsbury, R3, 19:45
Aston Villa v Bolton, R3, 19:45
Burnley v MK Dons, R3, 19:45
Leeds v Man Utd, R3, 19:45
Nott'm Forest v Newcastle, R3, 19:45
Stoke v Tottenham, R3, 19:45
Wolverhampton v Millwall, R3, 19:45
Blackburn v Leyton Orient, R3, 20:00
Crystal Palace v Middlesbrough, R3, 20:00

Godcubed can you let me know if Graham Burke is in the squad for match tonight? He is my cousin and told me he might be.