Carling cup thread 2011/12

• Thread starter Thread starter luke797
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 298
  • Views Views 15K
Not half bad either. A wonderful strike from outside the area, apparently.

Can honestly say im totally estatic about it, id given up hope he'd start a game,let alone score a goal

Stay fit Owen, get picked in jan for the CL games (assuming city are there) get picked for England.

Last edited:
Seriously :wub:?

25 yards out into the top corner. Lasted 57 minutes before being given a standing ovation when subbed off. Chants of "Fergie, sign him up" rang around the stadium during the first half.

Knew it was gonna be tough. Everton 2-1 up at the moment in ET. Neville :wub: got one too (Fellaini the other)

Oh Lampard. Can't even take a penalty right nowadays.

All banter and rivalry aside this is just a nice moment. Hargo played very well tonight and his movement on and off the ball was top notch. But what impressed me the most was his eagernes to be involved, constantly calling for the ball and putting himself about. His goal was superb but his overall display was very impressive.

All banter and rivalry aside this is just a nice moment. Hargo played very well tonight and his movement on and off the ball was top notch. But what impressed me the most was his eagernes to be involved, constantly calling for the ball and putting himself about. His goal was superb but his overall display was very impressive.

Thats why theres a lot of :wub: for Hargo. Terribly enthusiastic, extrememly hardworking, extremely determined....if it wasn't for fitness probs before would've been a regular international starter. Why I desperately wanted him to go to Goodison but knew deep down wasn't going to happen.

Woah. You know there's been an absolute stinker of a match when the commentator says best part of the match is in Extra Time. Yup, that's the Everton v West Brom match.

Oh Lampard. Can't even take a penalty right nowadays.

I know you are joking lol. Did anyone see Kalou's pen??? Seriously, if he had a free shot in a game he wouldnt place in there so why can he do it from a pen??

I'm happy with the performance we put in the second half against Liverpool, I feel we could of got a draw. But fair play you Liverpool and good luck for the rest of the competition

Pretty annoying result, was a much better game when it was 11 vs 11, couldn't really break Chelsea down after they lost Alex and Sa went off injured for us. We should always scores pens though and that is the second we've missed vs Chelsea in as many matches. Didn't think the first one was a pen to be honest but Sa I think got fouled about 2-3 minutes later which looked much more like a penalty. Ah well, a good performance from players we don't often see, Gecov, Grygera, Frei and Sa really impressed me tonight. Looked toothless upfront when Sa went off because no one was running in behind. Kalou did his usual display against us and missed some easy chances and was offside for McEachren's shot which looked like it was going in anyway. Overall, a frustrating game for us because we probably would of won if we scored the pen.

Brighton impressed me last night, especially Noone! What a player!!! Hopefully they can reach at least the playoffs this season to challenge for a PL place. Poyet's done a cracking job there!

God's sake, another away tie. To Stoke this time. United get ****** Aldershot >.>

Burnley Home, reckon we'll win that and get a QF final place!!

When is the next round played?

Back