Carroll cool on Torres comparison

Suck it. It seems like all my opinions are ****. Just because i dont support a glorious BPL club like manchester united or liverpool.

Wonder how many here put they supported club as ManU just to get some respect. Or because they always win.
nothing to do with who you support and everything to do with the flawed argument you put across...

Torres was great for Liverpool but he looked uninterested at the end. If Carroll, Suarez and Gerrard link up well then there's no reason why Carroll won't be better than what Torres was. Carroll is only 22 and he's only going to get better and Torres isn't the player he once was imo.

And yet Carroll is 4 years younger than Torres. So why is Torres not being based about as overpriced and Carroll is, if of course, it's based on age as you've told me here. Explain me that one please.

Your argument is so incredibly flawed it is unreal.

Okay...you get it. What have Carroll done in his career? Beaten his girlfriend and scored a good amount of goals in his half year premier league career. Potential to be a leading premier league striker in the future. = 35m pounds.

What has Torres done? Showed his Potential and is classed as one of the best strikers in the world. Experienced...still only 27 with 3-5 good seasons in him left. Scored a good amount of goals in many seasons and proved himself in the highest level. A very good goal ratio. = 50m pounds.

I would choose Torres.

Carroll and Suarez > A miserable, uninterested Fernando Torres who has had a face like a slapepd **** for the past year.

Lol. How i loved to see the same post a month or two back ;)
For the comment Alex:wub:

I personally think Carroll and Suarez is going to be a more successful partnership than Drogba/Torres, purely because the latter are both used to being in the limelight as a lone striker. Torres will shine more when Drogba is gone.

This was my feeling. Drogba and Torres have both excelled when played as lone strikers. How they play as a strike pair, we have no idea, and i have a feeling they wont click as a team.
On the other hand, Carroll and Suarez looks good on paper. Tow strikers who can compliment each other and can form devastating pair. Carroll has all the attributes that Suarez lack and same with Suarez that Carroll lack. I have a feeling Liverpool got the better deal only had they manage to get Carroll for but cheaper. (Not complaining though)

Suck it. It seems like all my opinions are ****. Just because i dont support a glorious BPL club like manchester united or liverpool.

Wonder how many here put they supported club as ManU just to get some respect. Or because they always win.

Come on, you support Massive club. Why you are feeling inferior ;)

Oh sorry...i also forgot to mention that Torres sells the most shirts in the Premier League and have won the world cup and Euro cup too.

Okay...you get it. What have Carroll done in his career? Beaten his girlfriend and scored a good amount of goals in his half year premier league career. Potential to be a leading premier league striker in the future. = 35m pounds.

What has Torres done? Showed his Potential and is classed as one of the best strikers in the world. Experienced...still only 27 with 3-5 good seasons in him left. Scored a good amount of goals in many seasons and proved himself in the highest level. A very good goal ratio. = 50m pounds.

I would choose Torres.

£50m for a striker who hasn't broken into a sweat all season, has looked uniterested, has done nothing and has put in no effort whatsoever.

Very good business if you ask me.

£35m for a striker who is young, has bags of potential and on his day bullies defenders for fun, which at the moment, is very often.

Based on the attitudes of both players etc, I choose Carroll.

Oh sorry...i also forgot to mention that Torres sells the most shirts in the Premier League and have won the world cup and Euro cup too.

I didn't realise he did absolutely **** all at the world cup and what he does on these tournaments (Aside from getting injured) has a direct influence on us.

And Gerrard sells second most. Fans don't buy the shirt for the name on the back. Look at the emblem on the front of the shirt and that'll tell you why they're the two best sellers.

I would choose Torres.
when was the last time we saw the torres you talk about, on a consistent basis? i'd say the 08-09 season

Last edited:

Carroll is THE MAN
Torres is the Lady Boy who happens to sell shirts. I dont think Liverpool needed salesman. :p

why are people so hung up on the price, it was alot yeah but thts how football and the economy or whatever is goin nowa days everythings costs a **** load more, its not 15-20 years ago where you could buy a player for 3 million and hes world class, plus people sayin he costs a little bit less than zidane its ridiculous, if zidane was in his prime today do you think he would cost 45 million quid or whatever it was? no he'd be same as ronaldo maybe even more, you just gotta face tht the standard for players will now be 25-35 million and world class players will be like torres and kaka 50 million upwards.

Well i understand if Torres didin't enjoy playing in the Europa league and fighting to get Liverpool to the Europa league again. He still scored many goals and was one of your best players even if he looked unintrested.

Maybe the reason that Torres was so inconsistent was that the whole Liverpool team was going down? Im sorry but Torres is not a player that can carry a whole team on his shoulders like Cristiano Ronaldo or Kaka.

He needs good teammates to be at his best. He will get that in Chelsea.

Last edited:
At the end of the day, I don't care about the price. What matters is if he performs. And I have a very good feeling that he will do just that.

At the end of the day, I don't care about the price. What matters is if he performs. And I have a very good feeling that he will do just that.

Im very happy for you. You finally stopped arguing with me about that and maybe you understood that the a**hole (Madridista) was maybe a bit right too ;)

Im loving the fact how L'pool fans hate Torres now |)
OT:
Carroll, you will be better than Mainhoffer and Zigic together XD

Liverpool are far better off with Suarez and Carroll rather than having to rely on a miserable moody want away striker.

Well i understand if Torres didin't enjoy playing in the Europa league and fighting to get Liverpool to the Europa league again. He still scored many goals and was one of your best players even if he looked unintrested.

Maybe the reason that Torres was so inconsistent was that the whole Liverpool team was going down? Im sorry but Torres is not a player that can carry a whole team on his shoulders like Cristiano Ronaldo or Kaka.

He needs good teammates to be at his best. He will get that in Chelsea.

So you are trying to say that during the world cup Xavi and Iniesta are unable to supply torres with goals , don't you?

And they are not good teammates? Right?

I personally think Carroll and Suarez is going to be a more successful partnership than Drogba/Torres, purely because the latter are both used to being in the limelight as a lone striker. Torres will shine more when Drogba is gone.

imagine if they do manage to play together...

Drogba with his muscular brutality
Torres with his pace and finish

Suarez/Caroll will make no comparison to that partnership :p

Only time will tell though as the above post might be a biased source ( Chelsea supporter ) ;)

Only time will tell though as the above post might be a biased source ( Chelsea supporter ) ;)

lol biased source?

I did mention that if they gel then only will they be better than Suarez/Caroll, i did not mention they definetly will, honestly anyone will agree with my post